Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Dagenham & Redbridge - Official Match day Thread  (Read 59563 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:11:02 »

I can't help but feel Clarke is being hyped up way too much.
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:11:10 »

Bit worried.  PDC pinned his hopes on Risser and so far he looks out of his depth to me.  Cant pass wind at present.  Da vita is crap as far as im concerned.  No pace,  no physical strength, cant win a header.  But like PDC said last night him and bodin are 5th and 6th choice strikers.  Not sure what Connell and Kerrouche would think to hear PDC saying we desperately need 2 new strikers.

Im praying that when we have one big guy up front ( maybe it is going to be Clarke )  it will change us big time.  Holding the ball up front and working off of it would be a massive boost to way we play,  and we can put crosses in with some hope then.

Anyone think Ritchie wants out ?  So far hes been poor this season with even PDC commenting on that.  Last year he won player of the year mainly cos he always tried,  but this season he doesnt seem to be.

As for constable i saw him for chippenham many a time.  Was a bull in a china shop then really.  Very physical.  He does have that Austin thing of always putting his weight about and making the defender know hes in a game.  Thou hes contaminated now so rather keep clear really.

As for our fans superiority complex i have to admit i have it.  I think we just lost to 2 non league teams and we will play another non league team on sunday.  Our budget for this league should allow us to be near the top.  Yes ok we will need time to gel.  But commitment and desire to do right things should be there NOW.

Team for sunday for me.

Smith
Amankwaa
Flint
Devera
Cibocchi  ( if fit )
Esajas
McCormack
Ferry
Ritchie (  with a boot up his ass on way onto pitch )
Clarke (  hopefully )
Connell

Subs.  Kerrouche, Risser, Thumberlina, Caddis, Timlin
Dave

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:17:23 »

Although not the result required, i'm being patient for now.. The club appointed an inexperienced manager and must understand there will be teething problems and the finance dictates the quality of player we can attract.
Hopefully before to long Dicanio will understand the league and how to get results?  Grin
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:26:39 »

Spot on. People seem to feel he's the answer to all our prayers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:33:29 »

Well so much for allowing plenty of time to get there - I left just before 3 and got there just after 5!!! No real hold-ups at all.

I found the ground by accident whilst casually looking to my left. There were no signs on the way in other than Thurrock FC!  The ground is a shit-hole but at least away fans have the best stand. Saw the players get off the coach and then went in the supporters club where I chatted to a town fan from London (who also has a missus from Russia!).

I couldn't fucking believe Bod and Ryvita were starting again. When will Connell ever be fit? Was pleased to see Comazzi start but why no Devera on the bench as cover? That decision ultimately cost us the game, but there's no knowing how Devera would have played.

Some mentioned the game was similar to Cheltenham. Yes, in that we never looked like scoring and adopted the same hoofball tactics, but there was effort missing from several players, particularly Ritchie and Risser. In fact Ritchie is arguably the worst player in the side at the moment and nothing like the player we saw last season. Okay, he's not helped by the hoofball tactics but when he gets the ball he can't get past his man, can't pass and loses possesion easily. My main worry is the number of unfit foreign signings we have made. Are they physically or mentally unfit Paolo?

I guess the pick of the bunch were Connell, Easyjet (in patches) and Flint. Kerrouche didn't do too badly either and got stuck in.

A special mention to the ref who gave us fuck all all game. Is this the PDC factor, I wonder?

Oh, and our fans were much louder than at Cheltnum. There were only 400 but we made a good racket!

As others have said, Connell has to start against Oxford. I'd also like to see Kerrouche up front and Ferry replace Risser. I'd give Ritchie one last chance to impress or give the Spanish bloke a game (if he's fit  Wink).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:37:52 »

There is alot of hype however in the home games i have seen the ball went long most of the time and the opposition picked up the first and second balls very easily. This put a lot of pressure on our centre mid and defence. I really feel if we get a striker that can hold up the ball and bring others into play we will see quite a different team. This (i hope) will settle Risser and create space for our other forward and wingers. Also it should stop us chasing the game and let better passing happen futher up the pitch
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:42:25 »

Anyone think Ritchie wants out ?  So far hes been poor this season with even PDC commenting on that.  Last year he won player of the year mainly cos he always tried,  but this season he doesnt seem to be.

I think the issue with Ritchie is that we are not playing the style of football that allows him enough of the ball.

Ritchie is a good player when teams can keep the ball on the deck/pass it around, but aimless hoofs pretty much eliminate him from the game.

I also blame the lack of connection between the centre of midfield and the defenders and forwards.  With a decent CM (ie not Risser) there may be more opportunity to play on the ground/get the ball to wide areas.  I thought we didn't use our wingers enough at all last night and that was predominantly due to lack of service.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #607 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:45:31 »

Was Ritchie not the star of pre season and decent against Crewe. He will always struggle against physical sides at their place, no need to panic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:53:15 »

Anyone think Ritchie wants out ?  So far hes been poor this season with even PDC commenting on that.  Last year he won player of the year mainly cos he always tried,  but this season he doesnt seem to be.

All I will say is that he looked a class above in the two pre-season games we played at Supermarine and Ciren. He put the effort in too. His ability is not in question, so I hope its just a bit of early season loss of form rather than disillusionment or wanting out. I am still convinced he is key for us this year.

On Risser I felt a bit of a Knight criticising him on after only two games. I think making him captain has put him more in the spotlight. I expect him to be a leader of men and an influence on the game. I'm not writing him off yet, Gary Rose was convinced he had something about him. Paolo made him captain. There must be something there. That said it can't go on forever with better players available on the bench.

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 08:55:26 »

Well it is time for Di Canio to show his worth. 2 defeats on the bounce after beating a team without a win yet on the first day of the season doesn't look to promising. Playing the scum on sunday could make or break us. A win against our biggest rivals could give us a massive kick up the arse and get us going. A defeat will be a huge downer and the crowd could turn. 3 points from 4 games would not be good enough,even though it's still early days.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:02:44 »

I always like to read the opposition thoughts so here is what they had to say.

http://thedaggersscale.blogspot.com/2011/08/daggers-1-0-swindon-mamma-mia.html

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:08:51 »

. However, every single time the name 'Risser' was mentioned, it was generally followed by 'gives possession away', 'plays a wasted pass' or 'fucks it up'.

Language standards at the BBC have really dropped haven't they?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:09:41 »

Oh one other thing I noticed at both the Crewe game and last night was that our delivery from both corners and free kicks was pretty poor on the whole. Something to work on in training. With Flint in the side set pieces should be something we target as an opportunity.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:10:14 »

I always like to read the opposition thoughts so here is what they had to say.

http://thedaggersscale.blogspot.com/2011/08/daggers-1-0-swindon-mamma-mia.html

Quite funny. The ref looks a right simpleton, which explains alot!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
adje

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:10:17 »

That's what happens when you're desperate Si!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: