Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town official matchday thread  (Read 35751 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:21:31 »

Shocking Tom,hope your dad is ok.fucking pond life

Cheers Andy, pretty quiet drive home...  Fortunately the cobbs were still celebrating by the time we got to the car so not caught up in their traffic.  Couple of mates giving me shit already, not once have I lauded it over them after our many victories.

On a more positive note it was worth the ticket price to hear jayo serenade the Townend.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:22:12 »

11 points from 10 games would give us 52.8 over a whole season.

So current form (ie over the 10 games) will see us just about stay up. If the results get worse...

Exactly....which is why Saturday is so important. Win we're back on track for 52, draw at least keeps Shrews around the drop zone with us, lose and Power has a decision to make.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:23:42 »

In 2005/06 we had 7 points after our 10th game. 3-2 defeat to Bradford with the young dynamic strike duo of Windass and Claridge tearing us apart.

Kingy was sacked after.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:25:16 »

Hope the guy who threatened to take my 65 year old dad's jaw off is pleased with himself.  Squared up to him after dad took umbrage to him pushing him out of the way on leaving the Townend.  Belongs in prison the horrible cunt, no place in society for people like him, or his old man too for that matter.  Shameful
Was that was what the trouble in there was all about?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:26:14 »

In 2010/11 we had 12 points after 10 games and still at least had a world class goal scorer in Charlie Austin (till January)

Our 10th game was a defeat to D&R after going 1-0 up in the first minute.
Their winner scored by Bas Savage, a truely terrible footballer.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:26:51 »

Was that was what the trouble in there was all about?

No, no idea what that was while the game was still on, this was after.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:28:21 »

In 2005/06 we had 7 points after our 10th game. 3-2 defeat to Bradford with the young dynamic strike duo of Windass and Claridge tearing us apart.

Kingy was sacked after.

Yes but we was a basket case then. Not like the present.

Little Power has a dream and Luke Worms is the best coach in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:29:35 »

Basket case or not points on the board are still points on the board.

We haven't got enough and unless our form improves we will struggle.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:30:00 »

Fucking hell Tom, what a cunt. Heard a couple were kicked out the Town End for fighting, knobends.
----------------
Onto the match:

The positives - Better than against Rovers. Thompson had a good game. Murray looked good. Boo looked OK too, though can't use his right foot. We created some chances that we should have buried. We also got into some good positions but fucked up the cross.

The negatives - Norris looked every bit the duff that some of the Gills fans said he was. Not sure what Williams saw - he didn't hold the ball up, got smaller on most of the headers and looked as threatening as Jamie Slabber. Obika wasn't much better, but I've seen him play well and so he escapes further scrutiny. Kasim was fucking hopeless. Thomas in the first half ambled around doing nothing. Goddard hasn't adjusted to the pace of league football yet and takes to long to pass.

But most of all of concern was
 1) mostly we are too slow doing anything, plod, plod, plod.
 2) We have a massively soft underbelly. I mean we can't fucking defend. Still. Such simple goals to give away. OK you could argue a foul on the third, but you have to play on and defend it - Williams was right there.

I'm not coming away encouraged tonight. This currently has a feeling we will be perpetually "nearly turning the corner".

But as I said last week, things can change. Get well soon Doughty, though I think that's not going to solve the issues.

Sounds like the inevitable Kasim disinterest has started

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:31:32 »

Kingy was sacked after.

There are certain similarities to 05/06....namely losing a 20+ goal striker and getting in 2 non goalscorers as replacement, having said that Cureton was just a non goalscorer for that time.

Similarly trying to patch up a dodgy defence with loans....Patrick Collins anybody  Sad

I think the win at Oldham, gives Luke enough credit to see if he can repeat it at Shrewsbury....but a loss meaning 5 in 6, should be the end of his tenure.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:32:05 »

No, no idea what that was while the game was still on, this was after.
Absolutely disgusting, hope he is ok.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:33:41 »

I think the win at Oldham, gives Luke enough credit to see if he can repeat it at Shrewsbury....but a loss meaning 5 in 6, should be the end of his tenure.

We only beat Oldham because they gave us the freedom of the park to play on, Northampton had a lot more savvy and nous to stop that - and we couldn't respond with a plan B!
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:34:09 »

Basket case or not points on the board are still points on the board.

We haven't got enough and unless our form improves we will struggle.

Totally agree with you. Alas Power doesn't care if we get relegated, or the fans, as long as there is somebody to sell.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:35:24 »

Time for Power to swallow some pride. Get a manager in, change the formation and the style. It doesn't work. Or better still let a new manager actually manage.

We look poor. We can't score and can't defend. It's not a great combination.

Oh and please drop Branco. He is a fucking liability at the back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 21:36:48 »

I said it before (quite a while back, I think it was on here) that Powers model isn't related to what division we are in at all. So whether relegation would overly concern him I don't quite know.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: