Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player Manager  (Read 4831 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 24, 2006, 21:27:27 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

Take Garry Speed at Bolton.  Fits the profile of intelligent, hard working, committed and coming to perhaps his last season or two in the top flight.  Yet one more season at Bolton is going to earn him the equivalent of 15 years salary that he’d get managing ourselves, Sheringham would likely be closer to 20.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/4854424.stm

Bolton midfielder Gary Speed sees his long-term future in a coaching role.
But Wales' most-capped outfield player believes his 36-year-old legs will keep him competing for a few seasons yet.

"I've got another year left on my contract so we'll wait and see - I want to keep going as long as I can," the 85-cap star told BBC Sport Wales.

"I'm doing my coaching badge in the summer. I won't say managing will happen but if a coaching chance arises in the future I'll be ready."

Nice suggestion old boy

Why thank you old chum you have the makings of a BBC website journo

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 00:27:04 »

Quote from: "Dorset Red"
It seems there's quite a lot of support for the idea of getting Paul Ince in as Manager.

Might be nice if the bedget could stretch that far and if he was interested. What does everyone else think?

Well, if we're streching the budget, what about Eriksson - he'll be at a loose end after the summer  Cheesy

Erm for the irony deficient, no I'm not seriously suggesting the Ulrika Shrieker as manager, just saying it's about as likely, budget-wise.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 11:15:35 »

Scotty Leitch, just been given a role at Motherwell and wouldn;t take any shit off anyone!
STFC Village

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 13:47:16 »

Quote from: "juddie"
Scotty Leitch, just been given a role at Motherwell and wouldn;t take any shit off anyone!
Ross County boss
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 09:16:42 »

I understand that Alan Shearer doesn't want to be manager at Newcastle just yet. You reckon he'd be interested in learning his trade down here at Swindon for a bit now that there's some money in the bank? Wink
land_of_bo

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 12:20:53 »

http://mickeyhazardwasgod.forumup.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9&mforum=mickeyhazardwasgod

Enough said!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: