Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When the seagulls follow a trawler  (Read 23664 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 18:39:22 »

Finding a new job is the difficult thing.

The job doesn't bore me, it's IT that bores me. Working in an expanding MAT will have its advantages hopefully...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 19:29:28 »

I got another job doing something totally different to what i was doing before. Total change.

Change is good.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 19:53:01 »

It's easy?
What is it in IT that you do that's easy? It's not a dig, just curious what you do?
I'm currently working on my CCNA and maybe I'm not as clever as I thought but im finding it far from easy.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 20:31:46 »

What is it in IT that you do that's easy? It's not a dig, just curious what you do?
I'm currently working on my CCNA and maybe I'm not as clever as I thought but im finding it far from easy.
My role was made redundant so I got moved to a technical role. It's supposedly third line but I spend most of my time lately on site doing basic shit.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 21:45:35 »

I think having an easy job would be the worst thing in the world. My job challenges me almost every day and I like it that way.

That's not to say I don't have plenty of days where I wonder what the fuck I'm doing there and wish I could just get paid to sit at home and eat cheese. But I've missed it while I've been off.

Oh, and game of thrones is terrible.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 22:34:31 »

Yeah, it's fucking ace.

Me and my girlfriend checked the credits and were disappointed to find the songs were written and performed by The Lonely Island.

Turns out that's actually his band and it's the characters from Popstar and they've got a YouTube channel with loads of videos, saw one had 172m views. Massive man love restored.

This one didn't make the movie sadly.

The Lonely Island have released a few albums over the years, lots of brilliant songs.

I genuinely like the Hunter the Hungry song from that film for some reason.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 06:18:25 »

You only don't like it because all the women get naked and most of the guys are cockless Smiley
Amir

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 06:43:38 »

I get that GoT might not be everyone's cup of tea. Not liking all aspects of your job however! WTF!
Flashheart

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 06:49:08 »

I'm lucky in that I do like my job. Most of my clients think the sun shines out of my arse,  it can be very satisfying getting great feedback from jobs, especially on something that's so subjective. If only I could get more work done, I could be more stable financially as well.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 08:16:57 »

I think what you meant to say is - "I don't like Game of Thrones"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 08:22:22 »

Another reason that working in IT sucks: users expect technology to be infallible 24/7. I just went to a client and resolved a problem in 20 minutes and the only thing they asked was why it took me so long and why it went wrong in the first place?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 08:25:47 »

I love my job, I love new technology and building bespoke PC's and repairing PC's and Laptops, yes it frustrates me at times but I enjoy it 99% of the time.

I wouldn't like it so much if I was just fixing workstations or servers all the time that would soon become boring, thats how I started back in 84 when it was the "dark arts of computers" had a 7 year stint as a COBOL, FORTRAN  and FOXPRO programmer and hated it.

I like to be my own boss and work when I like how long I like, I understand that sometimes a job just "pays the bills" but if you don't enjoy it then move jobs to one you do enjoy or work for yourself.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 08:28:45 »

I used to love my job. Worked for a start up and the whole environment was amazing - free food, drinks & beer, PS4's, social events... But then we got taken over by a massive corporation and slowly but surely that's all dying. I like the actual work though - building new software can be quite rewarding.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 09:08:00 »

I hated working permanent so aged 25 decided to become a contractor on a ltd company basis.

Now go from company to company every 9-18 months work on different projects in a variety of industry and expand my knowledge base whilst continually looking for fresh challenges.

Oh and yes the tax benefits are delicious!
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, August 31, 2017, 09:23:36 »

I love my job I work in forensics.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: