Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tour de France  (Read 8484 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 22:26:10 »

Gutted for Brad, was looking forward to seeing how he was going to do in the mountains.

Good day for Cav though, will be interesting to see if he concentrates on the intermediate sprints over the next few days in an attempt to win the green jersey.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 07:29:27 »

Every time I watch the cycling, whether it's Tour De France, the Giro or whatever I'm always amazed it doesn't end up like the Demolition Derby with about 20 crashes per race. With so many cyclists so close together travelling at such high speeds with fucking loons jumping on to the course, not to mention the occasional dog it's remarkable how few crashes and injuries there are. There seems to have been a bit of a spate of them this week though and Levi Leipheimer seems to be jinxed. I don't know if this year is any worse than other years, probably not I would guess.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 09:34:36 »

The first week of the tour is often the worst for crashes. So many of the guys are pushing to be at the front to stay out if trouble, that incidents are more likely.

Once the first set of mountains have come & gone it usually settles down a bit
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 11:07:58 »

Horrendous luck for Wiggo.

Team Sky will go for stage wins now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 09:35:39 »

Gutted for Wiggins but hopefully means that some of the other Sky lads (Thomas EBH for instance) be given a go - also looking forward to how Uran goes in the hills.

Anyway need to catch up on yesterday highlights, was doing a sportive yesterday and it nearly killed me, 48 lumpy miles round the lake district with a streaming cold - not that keen on my bike at the moment!
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 11:06:01 »

Blimey, the stage 9 crashes were horrible particularly the one involving Flecha, Hoogerland and the car! Those blokes have got balls I'll give them that
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:13:33 »

Blimey, the stage 9 crashes were horrible particularly the one involving Flecha, Hoogerland and the car! Those blokes have got balls I'll give them that

I think he may only have one left after that.  Ouch.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 19:33:55 »

Contador banned for two years, but it is retrospective so he is stripped of the 2010 Tour title which now goes to Andy Schlek (and also last years Giro).However, he is is eligible to ride again from August this year (after the Tour & the Olympics) but in time for the Vuelta.

Does seem a bit bonkers that the ban starts from the time that the test was taken.

Would have thought that either you are banned immediately until the issue is resolved (would stop the competitor trying to delay the hearing), or not at all until the hearing has taken place.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 19:36:49 »

So is he handing back all prize money and wages taken from when the ban started. Thought not.

Tour de Farce.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 22:57:28 »

So is he handing back all prize money and wages taken from when the ban started. Thought not.

Tour de Farce.
Yes, actually. His team Saxo Bank may also have their race licence reviewed, as without his points their ranking will drop.

Justice for Schleck at last. Even if the dodgy steaks had little effect, those 39 seconds that Contador illegitimately gained when Andy's chain came off made a huge difference. Shame it's taken so long for it to happen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 6, 2012, 22:58:12 »

Well that told me!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 08:04:33 »

It'd be much fairer if they just let everyone take whatever they wanted... adds a whole new level of tactics and competition

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 08:40:25 »

Probably the biggest result in Luxembourg sporting history!

What a way to win it though!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:42:21 »

Yes, actually. His team Saxo Bank may also have their race licence reviewed, as without his points their ranking will drop.

Justice for Schleck at last. Even if the dodgy steaks had little effect, those 39 seconds that Contador illegitimately gained when Andy's chain came off made a huge difference. Shame it's taken so long for it to happen.

In what way was it illegitimate - Schlecks chain came off, this was either a mechanical problem (and if so are you suggesting that say Lewis Hamilton should wait if an opponent has a problem) or it was due to him changing down when drivetrain was under severe pressure which is a mistake on his part as even with the best electronic systems this can happen and thus riders should know to avoid.

I am not for one moment condoning the steak eating Spaniard, but, as with the tour this year in fact, if Andy was prepared/able to ride without having to keep next to his brother he would and could have won these tours - hopefully the change of management will change his tactics and help him reach his potential.

Interestingly (and ironically) the Giro Italia from last year will revert to Michele Scarponi who himself came back from a doping ban in 2010!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:56:31 »

Its "just" protocol to wait in those circumstances isn't it? Not illegal not to, a bit like kicking the ball back to the opposition.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: