Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3rd ODI  (Read 7874 times)
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 09:14:03 »

Why do they keep picking that Rikki Clarke? He's shite
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 09:40:23 »

Quote from: "hansgruber"
Why do they keep picking that Rikki Clarke? He's shite

i dont have them picking him its flecthers misuse of him thats the problem

its exactly the same as it was for loudon not so long ago - they've picked a really class batsman who can bowl occasionally and play them as a bowler

have to say we probably would have won if w'd have had yardy's darts as opposed to clarke's long hops
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 09:45:27 »

Thought Strauss fucked up the bowling changes as well. Lewis was our best bowler again, but he didn't finish his 10 overs.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 09:56:38 »

Thought Strauss fucked up the bowling changes as well. Lewis was our best bowler again, but he didn't finish his 10 overs.

he would of done he would have bowled the last one so there was nothing wrong with that

i thought under the circumstances (with saj and clarke bowling pie after pie) strauss did very well
sonic youth

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 11:18:05 »

mahmood is rubbish, he's quick but he gets spanked around the park almost constantly. i'm far from an expert on the subject, but i haven't got a clue why they persist in picking him.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 11:34:50 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
mahmood is rubbish, he's quick but he gets spanked around the park almost constantly. i'm far from an expert on the subject, but i haven't got a clue why they persist in picking him.

he's obviously got the talent but is just young and raw, with more games he'll get better, or at least that's the theory

i'd like to see hampshire's james bruce called up
Scot Munroe

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 12:15:09 »

or chris tremlett.
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 12:26:46 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

he would of done he would have bowled the last one so there was nothing wrong with that

i thought under the circumstances (with saj and clarke bowling pie after pie) strauss did very well

but it never was going to go to the last over. That's my point. He needed to use his best bowler to take wickets. Rikki Clarke was never going to win us that game. Lewis at least would have given us a chance
fatbury

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 12:33:23 »

Quite frankly I dont want to see Rikki Clarke or Sajid Mahmood in that one day team again ... Kabir Ali was economical on the tour of India yet got dropped out .. ?? Why??
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 13:00:44 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

but it never was going to go to the last over. That's my point. He needed to use his best bowler to take wickets. Rikki Clarke was never going to win us that game. Lewis at least would have given us a chance

if clarke couldnt bowl the 35 over well then hes not going to bowl the 40th any better so surely it makes no difference
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 13:02:29 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Quite frankly I dont want to see Rikki Clarke or Sajid Mahmood in that one day team again ... Kabir Ali was economical on the tour of India yet got dropped out .. ?? Why??

kabir ali is many things; short, fat, a pie chucker, but no sir economical is certainly not one of them

his RPO in india was 6.00 fyi
Spud

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 14:14:52 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

You want Flabir Ali in the side!?  :shock:

You're either crazy or have never seen him bowl for England.
DMR

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 18:29:18 »

because he's fucking quick, like you say.

imagine the ball that did for afridi on a rock hard WACA pitch in the winter. unplayable.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 18:31:57 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

because he's fucking quick, like you say.

imagine the ball that did for afridi on a rock hard WACA pitch in the winter. unplayable.

waca's slow and low these days davido. more in it for monty than saj im afraid. this isnt the 80s you know
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 18:51:01 »

my point was that if our better bowlers were on and we bowled Pakistan out (which was our only chance of winning), Rikki Clarke wouldn't have had to bowl at all. It looked close on the scorecard but Pakistan were never in danger of losing that game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: