Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CVA Question  (Read 1738 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:11:55 »

A question here for any lawyers out there, because this accountant doesn't know the answer...

Given that many of us are minority STFC shareholders are we, as minority shareholders, entitled to enter in to direct correspondance with HMRC concerning the CVA payment due in June?

In other words, are the Wills family (as majority shareholders) the only shareholders permitted to formally discuss the issue with the CVA creditors?

If not - we might consider sending a letter to HMRC, to be signed by a list of shareholders favouring the takeover, stating that we do not favour a CVA renegotiation.  This in turn would put considerable pressure on the Wills family to sell.

Any thoughts?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:15:00 »

I thought it's the job of Andronikou to do that as he has been appointed by the shareholders
TalkTalk

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:17:08 »

I don't believe it has much to do with the shareholders.

It's an agreement between the creditors and the administrator.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:18:53 »

I assume (through nothing factual) that the club provides information to the administrator (AA) and using that information the administrator negotiates with the creditors. So the shareholders wouldn't be involved as an entity really.

On another note, you are an accountant, as is Si Pie I beleive. But which one of you is better? Only one way to find out  - fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:20:41 »

Quote from: "Batch"
On another note, you are an accountant, as is Si Pie I beleive. But which one of you is better? Only one way to find out  - fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Give him a few minutes and I'm sure Piemonte will set up a poll for this.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:35:35 »

Thanks for the responses.  Makes sense.  I suppose that means Andronikou is acting on behalf of us all, sadly.  That said, I'm still on the look out for ways in which we might legitimately scupper the current board's attempts to worm their way out of the CVA.

As for the accoutancy profession face off with Si, I couldn't possibly comment.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 13:57:54 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"

Give him a few minutes and I'm sure Piemonte will set up a poll for this.

Poll is sorted :face:
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 14:31:47 »

I assume (through nothing factual) that the club provides information to the administrator (AA) and using that information the administrator negotiates with the creditors. So the shareholders wouldn't be involved as an entity really.

soapy tit wank. Tv burps is great show, saw harry film it last night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 15:09:58 »

Quote from: "Hexagon"

soapy tit wank. Tv burps is great show, saw harry film it last night.

Lucky - was there a big queue to get in or were you on "guaranteed entry" tickets?

Saw him at Swansea Uni when he was on the comedy network circuit in '92. He was the stand out act then, though the comedy evening got axed after a couple of terms because of lack of interest.
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 15:23:41 »

We weren't "guaranteed entry" but there was no queue when we got there, We got there about half hour early though and we were number 214. We had to stand in this tent for about an hour before we went in but we did get a free bottle of becks. Think a few people did miss out though cause it was full.

He was really good and seemed a good guy as well and he did loads of his stand up jokes in his introduction and between shooting bits which kept everyone laughing. Going  again in a few weeks.

The fight on Saturday's show is also very good...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: