Pages: 1 ... 2205 2206 2207 [2208] 2209 2210 2211 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9005990 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33105 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 16:26:53 »

Zakuani?
Massively unfit hasn't played a game since January, although yes I know they will all be nowhere near match fit I doubt we will go for a player with a lot of injury problems in the last 2 years...again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33106 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 16:27:18 »

Wasn't he Ted in Hi-de-hi?

No de no Smiley

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33107 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 16:39:08 »

I'm almost certain Greg Halford (35 in December) played in one of the friendlies played recently (Bristol City/Wimbledon).
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33108 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 16:58:30 »

Seaborne would be an obvious one for me. Affordable wages. Exeter based. 32. No serious injuries. Just hasn't played that much in the last few years. On current status though I would say he'd be ahead of Curran and Broadbent. Would likely take a pay as you play contract. Once up to speed I'd say he's around L1 level defender. Could be a good option to have in the 2nd half of the season if not now, in maintaining an auto push.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #33109 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 17:17:05 »

Seaborne is the one player on that list who I am sure can be comfortably ruled out - he’s made about 20 appearances in the past 4 years! I’d also consider the injury that nearly ended his career to be fairly serious too...

Obvious my arse  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 17:19:27 by Dr Pierre Chang » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33110 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 17:21:38 »

Seaborne is the one player on that list who I am sure can be comfortably ruled out - he’s made about 20 appearances in the past 4 years! I’d also consider the injury that nearly ended his career to be fairly serious too...

Obvious my arse  Cheesy

Cheesy

Bring back Daniel Boateng
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33111 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 17:29:18 »

Should have signed JSW

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33112 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 17:34:35 »

The ideal situation is you find someone who is better than this division who didn't want to drop this low in the summer but now finds themselves without a wage at all.  Get them in on a deal until Jan and let them walk if someone higher up or with more money comes in.  In the meantime, they can treat us like a bit of pocket money and match practice ahead of their big move.  The only reason they'd say no is a worry over getting injured before Jan, or they have enough stashed away to not care.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #33113 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 18:21:28 »

Should have signed JSW
110% this.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #33114 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 18:40:34 »

110% this.

Another injury prone player is most certainly not what we need

I come from a land down-under
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33115 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 19:25:42 »

Piss take i'd imagine
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33116 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 20:08:33 »

Obvious my arse  Cheesy

I did say "he hasn't played much in the last few years", which a lot free agents are likely to have not. As for injuries, I'm talking about recently. Not, as I assume a non sporting related injury around fucking 10 years ago.

Stupid cunt you are Chang. Who do you suggest then ya twat?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #33117 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 20:10:13 »

With Wellens stating he will be dipping into the free transfer market for another centre back I had a quick look at who was available and who may be an option.

Niall Keown aged 24, son of Martin and started his career at Reading (born in Oxford) and been without a club since leaving Partick Thistle, has caps for Eire U21s.

Paul McShane aged 33, ex Man Utd youth player and Eire international alongside Noel Hunt, been without a club since leaving Reading in the Summer.

Marc Wilson aged 32, ex Man Utd youth player and Eire international alongside Noel Hunt, been without a club since leaving Bolton in the Summer.

Danny Seabourne aged 32, been without a club since leaving Derry City in the Summer.

Anton Ferdinand aged 34, been without a club since leaving St Mirren in the Summer.

Any other possibles without them being out of our wage range?

Listened to a podcast last week where James Collins was saying he is without a club (played short term for Ipswich last season) but wants to play on.  Has been keeping fit by training with Colchester.  Launching a kids' coaching school in London and Newport (so will be up and down the M4).  Read he'd been offered a West Ham ambassador role for matchdays so may decide to hang them up if he can't get a club.

Don't know if it's at all realistic but he did say in the interview he would be prepared to drop down the divisions to play.  He's the sort of old school defender who would be ideal for league two on a short-term contract imo (if fit).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33118 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 08:42:35 »

Nowt to lose with any of them really on short term contracts, if they play and get fit then its a bonus, if they are too rusty then they won't be on massive wages on a short term deal anyway.

Wellens said that the club hold all the aces with free transfer signings as they are without a club and needing wages, even though he suggest ed that some hold clubs to ransom because they know their services are needed short term.

With the wage budget being stretched as Wellens suggested then unless Conorys wages are covered by an insurance payment we will struggle to get anyone half decent anyway.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33119 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 08:58:45 »

I wonder if Sidy Sanokho can play CB?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 2205 2206 2207 [2208] 2209 2210 2211 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: