Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50686 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #405 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:07:44 »

Duke of Banbury is making shit up to get a reaction.

There, I said it. You're all thinking it.

I've heard it from somebody else that is usually on the money. They just put it down to rumour, but it seems that rumour is/was doing the rounds in circles close to the club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:19:10 »

I'm not so sure....it has gone remarkably quiet from the Board, just at a time when you'd expect them to be making a big effort to communicate with the fans.

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:32:49 »

he aint the sort to make things up for a reaction. Could have it wrong but not deliberately
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:48:25 »

he aint the sort to make things up for a reaction. Could have it wrong but not deliberately

I have my views on this and they need some pretty thick rose tinted glasses to make the outlook positive if we don't get promotion... or a buy out
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:53:29 by @MacPhlea » Logged
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:53:06 »

So it seems there are more fun and games in store, we really don't do 'settled periods' do we? Still my ST has been renewed and I am buckled in for more thrills and spills on the roller-coaster!

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:57:45 »

I have my views on this and they need some pretty thick rose tinted glasses to make the outlook positive if we don't get promotion... or a buy out
I have my views too without the new rumours now out there. I think the new board are ropey as fuck and have since day one.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:06:47 »

Whilst travelling back on the train yesterday I was reflecting on our recent demise & trying to put some perspective on it all.  Following the departure of PDC & the arrival of KMac, and particularly our performances over the last 3 games, I believe there are several things that have contributed:

We were over performing under PDC, it's happened to many teams.  I thought against Doncaster & again yesterday we lacked energy, belief & heart, 3 attributes that had seen us reach the top of L1.

Inability to score, our strikers have a real confidence issue, a natural goalscorer usually has an arrogance about him, a belief that he'll score, ours don't.

Having been played off the park in the first half yesterday, we're just not good enough, yet!  I'm still confident we'll get to the POs, maybe even Wembley, but we're a long way off sustainability at a higher level, or competing in this league for an automatic spot next season.

I'm as frustrated as the rest of you, but the reality is we've had a cracking couple of seasons (including most of this one) & our expectations were enhanced by the previous regime (board & management), we are Swindon, nothings straight forward and every high seems to be followed by a massive bump!

I'll be there, the remaining games this season & next, travelling the breadth of the country week in week out, but this is a another new era & may take a bit of time, I am confident that we will be a Championship team again, whether it's next season or the season after, I've no idea, but we will. 

I don't expect everyone to agree, but this is my view.   

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:07:27 »

So what about all the plans that had to be presented to the FL that they then took weeks sifting through with a fine tooth comb before approving the takeover?
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:33:04 »

Hands up if you want a new Board and a new manager?

Bye
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:43:00 »

So what about all the plans that had to be presented to the FL that they then took weeks sifting through with a fine tooth comb before approving the takeover?
I guess it comes down to whether you believe what the board have said with regards to the football league as the football leagues approach is not to comment on individual circumstances and don't even confirm or deny the existence of embargo's. We don't even definitively know whether the ringfenced £1.2m even exists, hopefully future accounts will clear that up but as they fed us so many conflicting stories I won't be holding my breath.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:55:07 »

I guess it comes down to whether you believe what the board have said with regards to the football league as the football leagues approach is not to comment on individual circumstances and don't even confirm or deny the existence of embargo's

Yep - and there is quite a bit I find hard to believe about all that - but that's a separate issue to the clearance of the takeover and the fit and proper test etc. My understanding was that the board had to present a business plan to the FL and had to prove that they had the appropriate backing to keep the club afloat going forward etc. Unless somethings changed since then.

Incidentally the holding co have just filed docs at Companies House. There was a special resolution at a shareholders meeting to dis-apply pre-emption rights and to split the shares. Not sure of the significance in that (if any), maybe someone else might be able to comment.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:58:15 by manc_red » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #416 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 11:57:12 »

Unless somethings changed since then.

A certain somebody trying to sue the club, perhaps?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:07:58 »

My understanding was that the board had to present a business plan to the FL and had to prove that they had the appropriate backing to keep the club afloat going forward etc.
That's if you believe the FAPP test is even worth the papers it's written on, my personal opinion is that it is a very naive test that relies on people telling the truth. How else can you explain the Portsmouth, Notts County, Plymouth etc scenarios. With regards to the Pompey and Notts County scenarios the people/money didn't even exist which just makes the 'test' appear laughable. I just feel anyone could get through it and therefore passing the test doesn't really tell us anything with regards to the boards competence/intentions.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:16:46 »

The £1.2m may well exist... the real test has to be is it actually available to be invested in the club...
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:41:47 »

A certain somebody trying to sue the club, perhaps?

There's been no confirmation or evidence that he actually is/intends to and I still think it's very unlikely.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: