Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aims for the remaining games  (Read 7461 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:20:42 »

On the basis that, barring a literal miracle, the season is gone, what do you want to see from the remaining games?

I'd like to see if Brewitt/FBT could be a good enough pairing for next year
See Clayton tried in a DM role
Get Tomlinson a decent run of games at LB and see if he can prove his fitness to make the signing permanent
Feed Austin as many goals as possible so that he enjoys it enough he stays
Find out if Shade is good enough to be a starter
Try Lavinier at RB on the basis that the mood music is Hutton is off
Try Khan as a #10
Give Adeloye some minutes as we are likely stuck with him!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:21:35 »

On the basis that, barring a literal miracle, the season is gone, what do you want to see from the remaining games?

Get Tomlinson a decent run of games at LB and see if he can prove his fitness to make the signing permanent
Try Khan as a #10

Don't disagree with too much. Minturn a good few games? Maybe even give Roberts, Shade a few consecutive games too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:25:36 »

Basically play who will be under contract next season.
Don’t play those who are definitely leaving.
Shoot.
Defend corners.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:27:00 »

Haha.

I forgot to add, never see Kadji in a Swindon shirt again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:38:25 »

Haha.

I forgot to add, never see Kadji in a Swindon shirt again.
Kadji is young and big and will improve I think.

But, hes nowhere near good enough for L2 yet, and how can a player who is about 6 foot 3 not be able to jump and win a header? or for that matter find a team mate with a pass.

Its blatanet he was a panic loan signings and its just not worked out for him here, he could improve for sure but he isn't anywhere near the quality we need at the club currently though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:40:23 »

There is no point us trying to improve him...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:44:13 »

27 points.  Beers

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:49:46 »

Try Khan as a #10
Agree with some of that for certain, if Austin isn't fit, which he blatantly isn't currently then yes give Adeloye some game time, why not, we may see if there is a player in there or not, currently erring towards the not.

I would like to see Tomlinson tried at right back as well as left back (not at the same time!), hes right footed but can play anywhere in defence so try him out.

Clayton has played DMC for Scotland U19 and U21s so knows the role, with FBT and Brewitt behind him it could well work, more so than 3 at the back so far for me.

Lavinier seems to love breaking with the ball so try him in an a box to box role in the middle, again he has played in midfield for Spurs so its not an alien position, maybe even in the Williams role.

Not sure about Khan in a number 10 role as he doesnt contribute enough in the opposition half for me, he looks lively in our half and breaks up play well and has pace but rather see him a slightly more defensive role/ball carrier.

Minturn needs some more game time but without the pressure of HAVING to play due to injury or suspension, bring him on in games to get him used to it before needing to rely on him.

Shade, I am sure there is a player in there somewhere but he needs to find his best position and role, I would press him into the number 10 role and not as a wide striker/winger as his delivery is not good enoug but he can create havoc running at players.

Roberts is a wild card and he may work he may not but again give him time off the bench and see.

For me Hutton is just not with it since deadline day and hes not getting the crosses in that he should, I would drop him for Lavinier/Tomlinson for a few games and see if its the tactics or the player that is the issue with his drop in form.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 10:56:33 »

Yes, I think Shade will work best as a purely floating 10. Doesn't seemingly have the tactical discipline and dare I say the commitment to do have any defensive duties. A 'luxury player'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 11:02:07 »

Think we’d see the best of Shade as anyone of the three in a 4231
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 11:04:03 »

There are a lot of fringe players in this squad, and a fairly promising looking raft of academy players. Let's try and learn which are the 2-3 that it's worth investing in, rather than having 10 of them meaning that none of them have enough chances.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 11:17:52 »

Kadji is young and big and will improve I think.

But, hes nowhere near good enough for L2 yet, and how can a player who is about 6 foot 3 not be able to jump and win a header? or for that matter find a team mate with a pass.

Its blatanet he was a panic loan signings and its just not worked out for him here, he could improve for sure but he isn't anywhere near the quality we need at the club currently though.
Tyrese Simpson was useless in the air too - albeit not 6’3”
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 11:19:34 »

Agree with some of that for certain, if Austin isn't fit, which he blatantly isn't currently

Is he not fit for a specific reason at the moment or is he not fit as age has caught up with him as the Aussies suggested when we signed him, if its the latter will probably need a pretty hard nosed decision to be made for next season as I assume he is occupying  a fair wedge of the wage budget.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 11:35:05 »

Obviously he’ll need a level of fitness but really we shouldn’t be asking a 33 year old poacher to do much, if any work outside the final 20 yards.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 11:35:41 »

Tyrese Simpson was useless in the air too - albeit not 6’3”

I would take him next season if available better than Jephcott😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: