Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Knight on trial with us  (Read 47051 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 09:44:20 »

The passage of time does strange things to people.  If you had a time machine, went back 7 or 8 years and announced to the Town End that we were keeping tabbs on Leon Knight in 2011, you'd have started a riot.

We'll be having a look at John McGinlay next.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing how much of a cnut this bloke is Ardiles, but like PDC's political beliefs I'm willing to put that to one side if he does a job on the pitch. I don't want to be his mate, I want us to get out of League 2. I wouldn't even consider him in L1, but L2? Maybe...

If we do sign him, Watkins et al should ban him from twitter because he's a liability. He makes Simon Ferry look like mother theresa.

Feel free to put me in my place when he's been found getting smashed on a Friday night, fighting with our own fans, calling us all cnuts on twitter or showing us how much we're paying him and having love children with Douglas' missus.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 09:48:49 »

He's one of Phil Spencer's i see...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 09:55:23 »

That's a co-incidence. So is Di Canio...

If we were to sign him then of course I wouldn't be on his back. STFC is more important than that.

To clarify its not (just) the fact he's a cock that worries me, it whether the disrupts the team or strops off at a crucial point in the season. Its all well and good saying "sack him" at that point. But its not easy to get a replacement in a later date if we do (a la Austin this season).
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 09:57:41 »

That's a co-incidence. So is Di Canio...

If we were to sign him then of course I wouldn't be on his back. STFC is more important than that.

To clarify its not (just) the fact he's a cock that worries me, it whether the disrupts the team or strops off at a crucial point in the season. Its all well and good saying "sack him" at that point. But its not easy to get a replacement in a later date if we do (a la Austin this season).

This just reminded me of Fast Show, the two blokes in the pub.

"Knight, i'd back him if he was a Town player, but if he disrupts the team or strops off at a crucial point in the season, i'd say OI, KNIGHT, NO!"
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 09:57:54 »

aren't they all?

someone on twitter compared this to Best Holdings. Can't really compare the two situations, but a bit worrying we seem to be putting most of our eggs in one basket.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 10:00:41 »

It's a tad similar in that one or a group of agents are getting their clients in somewhere they have a strong connection, and in turn are having, one would imagine, a bit of a pay day to boot.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 10:53:06 »

fuck knight.

I still say we chuck some money southends way for Barry Corr.

Leon fucking Knight

fuck off.
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 10:54:22 »

I wolud rather have Cureton  Huh?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:10:05 »

He is a proper cunt, but think he has grown up a lil bit now and has tried his best to get back to good fitness and impress, if he scores us the goals to take us up, then great, there's obviously talent inside of him, hopefully Paolo can unleash it
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:13:31 »

I've heard plenty of stories about what he got up to off the pitch even when doing well at Brighton. Not (m)any are good.

However, IF he is as good as his word and wants to actually show his ability his finishing is way beyond League Two standard. I could just never decide if he was just some sort of loveable but naughty kid who could be kept in line with the right man in charge. He seemed to do ok under Lou Macari of all people at Huddersfield, who I can't see tolerating much.

If you do think he's just a gobby moron he does have a large tattoo of Che Guevara, which at least means he reads and thinks a bit outside football.

On a wider note, I want someone to ask Jeremy Wray about why we have suddenly become so close to one agency, why that one etc? Answers please.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:20:02 »

He seemed to do ok under Lou Macari of all people at Huddersfield, who I can't see tolerating much.

Macari certainly didn't rate his attitude when he spoke at the Trust auction a few years ago. He did say he had a lot of talent, which I think we all pretty much agree on.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:25:54 »

If you do think he's just a gobby moron he does have a large tattoo of Che Guevara, which at least means he reads and thinks a bit outside football.

He has a tattoo of a brutal mass murderer? Well he'll fit right in then? I might even boycott in protest.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:26:25 »

Macari certainly didn't rate his attitude when he spoke at the Trust auction a few years ago. He did say he had a lot of talent, which I think we all pretty much agree on.

Ah enough said....

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:27:58 »

On a wider note, I want someone to ask Jeremy Wray about why we have suddenly become so close to one agency, why that one etc? Answers please.

this
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 11:30:40 »

I seem to remember that agent saying he had nothing to do with one, or more, of our signings (or people we are looking at). Can't remember which.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: