Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Knight on trial with us  (Read 46968 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:08:51 »

If it was any other FL club, Id be laughing.

Would you still be laughing at them if he scored against us? He does seem to have a knack of putting the ball in the net after all.

For the record, I'm a bit wary of it myself. but can see absolutely fuck all wrong with giving him a trial to check where his attitude is.
Spencer_White

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:10:53 »

Well theres twitter for a start?

As for putting the ball in the net? When and where in the last 2 years?
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:14:07 »

Leon Knight is going to be like marmite. Some will give him a chance but others won't, that's just the way it is - it'd be boring if we all thought the same. He's made his bed with his behaviour in the past and he'll have to lie in it.

I will say this, though: ignoring the fact that he is a wanker, which is not up for dispute, isn't it a teeny bit ironic for people slating Knight for being a disruptive influence when that was exactly what Dougie was last season?

Dougie is a superb player, no question, but there is no doubt his captaincy was a failure of huge proportions.

discuss.

Call me super naive, or whatever, but what is Douglas supposed to have done?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:20:21 by JanAageisGod » Logged

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:16:01 »

he scored 12 in 22 last year.

There's no denying the lad can hot the back of the net, it's his attitude in question.

We are taking him on trial to see of his attitude really is fixed after he's had a kid and stuff. If he's still a complete tosser then bye bye. If he's not such a knob then we've got a goal scorer.

What's wrong with that.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:17:07 »

yes, he's a complete tool on twitter, and ferry hasn't been? i'm assuming the club would monitor his twitter behaviour, like they've promised to do with all players from now on.

Remind me what Sam Parkin's scoring record was like before he came here?

We know he can score in this league and higher...

If, and I'm playing devil's advocate, he doesn't mug fans off on twitter and he scores 25 goals this season. Then what?

Just sayin!

I hate him like the next man, but I'm just saying. Seems a bit extreme to write him off before he's kicked a ball.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:19:07 »

I was dreading the thought of him playing for us when the rumours first surfaced, I was hoping it was just a load of bollocks.

But the fact remains that this guy is proven in these leagues.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:20:11 »

oohh, he might have sorted his attitude out.

Mugs.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:21:28 »

In which case we just say no thanks, innit spencer?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:22:34 »

yes, he's a complete tool on twitter, and ferry hasn't been? i'm assuming the club would monitor his twitter behaviour, like they've promised to do with all players from now on.

Remind me what Sam Parkin's scoring record was like before he came here?

We know he can score in this league and higher...

If, and I'm playing devil's advocate, he doesn't mug fans off on twitter and he scores 25 goals this season. Then what?

Just sayin!

I hate him like the next man, but I'm just saying. Seems a bit extreme to write him off before he's kicked a ball.

Ferry comes across as a likeable fella. Leon Knight just comes across as an immature, disruptive, moron cunt. No?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:38:47 »

Ferry is a funny guy these days, agreed, but you can't deny some of his early postings weren't, shall we say inappropriate! He's followed by loads of fans, young and old and he's only toned it down in the last few weeks cos he's had to.

And Spence, I don't think he'll ever change, but if he scores the goals that get us out of League Two, are we still bothered? I'm still debating in my head... I'm not saying I would like him whether he scored or not, I'm just putting it out there. If he were to score 30 and we finished top of the league, would we all be slating him still?

I'm not sure.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:53:44 »

The players responsible for the 'disruption' or whatever you want to call it last season have been shipped out, Di Canio has been making all of the right noises about having a group of players working for each other and getting along - so we take on one of the biggest twats in football.

The man is a laughing stock and his best days are long behind him.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:56:49 »

- so we take on one of the biggest twats in football.

Read my lips

WE HAVE NOT SIGNED HIM - MERELY GIVING HIM A TRIAL
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:59:04 »

The players responsible for the 'disruption' or whatever you want to call it last season have been shipped out, Di Canio has been making all of the right noises about having a group of players working for each other and getting along - so we take on one of the biggest twats in football.

The man is a laughing stock and his best days are long behind him.
He is on trial?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 14:00:38 »

Ferry is a funny guy these days, agreed, but you can't deny some of his early postings weren't, shall we say inappropriate! He's followed by loads of fans, young and old and he's only toned it down in the last few weeks cos he's had to.

I agree, but Ferry doesn't come across as a bad influence to have around the club. Whereas Knight has pretty much always fallen out with team mates and managers wherever he's been.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 14:04:00 »

Good luck to him if he falls out with PDC.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: