Poll
Question: Paynter?
good luck, served us well, fair enough that you've left - 69 (47.3%)
fuck off you cunt, go warm the bench and fail at leeds - 32 (21.9%)
couldn't give a shit either way, the past is the past. - 45 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 111

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter Leaving  (Read 59694 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 13:03:25 »

Wrong choice of phrase

He will be hard to replace.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 13:17:38 »

i seem to remember you saying similar when Cox went.

if he'd scored 29 goals in each of the two previous seasons i might agree but on this occasion i don't.

he's gone. will be replaced. we wont miss him.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #377 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 13:31:06 »

Whether we miss him will not be apparent until we have finished next season. People arguing either side of the coin are merely hypothesising, it's obvious nobody actually knows.

I agree with the comment about ceasing the continuous circle of arguing his merits/failings. He's gone get over it. If he does well at Leeds then he does well at Leeds. If he doesn't make an impact up there he doesn't make an impact. Six months down the line I'm sure there will be a 'told you so brigade' or people towing the 'we need another 20 goal a season striker because Pericard doesn't cut the mustard' line (sound familiar).

The thing which irks me are the people who haven't ever rated him suddenly making bitter and twisted remarks over his departure. There's a massive amount of irony in the fact an easily replaceable player causing so much fuss and controversy.

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 14:04:38 »

he's a loss for sure but not the end of the world.not getting some money for him is the biggest pisser really.
i agree that leeds will ruin him.he aint good enough for what their fans will demand
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 14:12:05 »

There is no guarantee that he would have had such a good season again anyway.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #380 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 15:06:41 »

i agree that leeds will ruin him.he aint good enough for what their fans will demand

That was my point, If he stayed here I don't doubt he would have done a job here where as he was nothing before he got here and will be nothing at Leeds.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #381 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 15:08:19 »

That was my point, If he stayed here I don't doubt he would have done a job here where as he was nothing before he got here and will be nothing at Leeds.

How are those sour grapes?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 20:09:07 »

Just heard from a Leeds fan that Paynter is our for 6-8 weeks with a stress fracture.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 20:22:27 »

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=189244

Well,well...............fucking great!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 20:24:29 »

Have to be a member to see it leef. What did it say mate
Talk Talk

« Reply #385 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 21:33:25 »

Generally along the lines that they are now in the shit as they don't have any strikers of note without Billy. Jumping up and down for Bates to splash some cash on a replacement.

Sadly, nobody seems to care about how Paynter is or to wish him all of the best...I don't think they really have any faith in him doing much already.

This made me laugh:

He'll be as fat as fuck when he gets back.

All shaping up to be a fucking shite start to the new season isn't it?

Massive club.

Talk Talk

« Reply #386 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 21:49:23 »

Oh and

How. The. Fuck. Can we remain calm? We're a fucking fortnight away from the new season, we're the biggest club in that league by quite a lot and yet we're looking like we're going to be the joke of the division.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 22:40:46 »

Quote from: Deluded Leeds fan
How. The. Fuck. Can we remain calm? We're a fucking fortnight away from the new season, we're the biggest club in that league by quite a lot and yet we're looking like we're going to be the joke of the division.
Is there a league known to all of humankind that Leeds would not be too big for?

"Massive club" stuff aside, the rest of it's the standard pre-season "We absolutely have to sign a new striker/right-back/centre mid or we're all doomed, doomed I tell you" stuff you see everywhere. Like a good chunk of this thread for starters. Not to mention the various Chicken Little threads after Greer's departure hastened the imminent arrival of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 06:50:13 »

Is there a league known to all of humankind that Leeds would not be too big for?

"Massive club" stuff aside, the rest of it's the standard pre-season "We absolutely have to sign a new striker/right-back/centre mid or we're all doomed, doomed I tell you" stuff you see everywhere. Like a good chunk of this thread for starters. Not to mention the various Chicken Little threads after Greer's departure hastened the imminent arrival of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Heh! heh! Yeah, perspective does get rather lost along the way on this and all football forums. Pre-internet, if we (or any club) sold a player people would just have a quiet moan about it down the pub and that would be it. Now they can  post their feelings on a forum of their choice, other people respond and they just wind each other up into a frenzy. Other people who previously didn't have an opinion, read it and think "oooooh, yes I'm angry too!" Before you know it, an every day event such as a player changing clubs escalates to something worse than a thousand Hirioshimas.

Mind you, Leeds are a massive club. If there was any justice in the world, they would have been promoted directly back to the Premier League and entered into the Champions League (group stage mind you, none of this qualifying bollocks)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 07:16:02 »

I think we could all learn from the war.

[url width=328 height=476]http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr309/jodeshere/keep-calm-and-carry-on.jpg[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: