Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Manager Latest  (Read 11645 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 17:53:32 »

Boothyroyd had to sack him the season after because some of the players were complaining about his style of play.

He was then replaced by Malky McKay.....cost cutting much?

Probably but my point remains to a large chunk of our fanbase he would be an unknown and a big let down. I just think another unknown quantity is a risk too far.

The guy played over 300 games for us! I know that was a long time ago....but you should still know...
glos_robin

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 17:58:54 »

He was then replaced by Malky McKay.....cost cutting much?

The guy played over 300 games for us! I know that was a long time ago....but you should still know...
I do know but I would bet my house that alot of our supporters wouldn't have a clue who he is. Without the big name factor and the fact that as a manager he would be even less experienced than Malpas would really see alot of people against him from the start.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 18:12:32 »

The Prof scored one of the best goals ever seen at the CG in 83, unfortunately it was for Blackpool and there were only 2400, there to see it. Game ended 3-3.

I think it was the memory of this 30 yard strike that prompted Ken Beamish to sign him.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 18:20:31 »

I know we love the youth and all that now, but do all our successful candidates now have to be youth team managers or academy directors?

Malpas was Scots under 21's, he couldnt sign any young Scottish players and his coaching was shit as well.

Youth football doesnt offer any guarantees. Just hope we get Money now. He's got that L2 championship under his belt that we couldnt get to a couple of seasons ago.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 18:24:08 »

My current feeling is that all the names mentioned are done with and we'll get a new applicant.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 18:25:11 »

I know we love the youth and all that now, but do all our successful candidates now have to be youth team managers or academy directors?

Malpas was scots under 21's, he couldnt sign any young scottish players and his coaching was shit as well.

Youth football doesnt offer any guarantees. Just hope we get Money now. He's got that L2 championship under his belt that we couldnt get to a couple of seasons ago.

Completely agree Spence, thats why I would like a proven manager at the helm with Byrne in charge of the stiffs, creating that link from youth team to 1st team
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 18:59:08 »

Spot on Fred I agree totally mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:02:27 »

I don't understand why we're trying to get guys who are already in employment. We're just not high enough in the food chain for it to work...i.e what self respecting club is going to allow their manager to go to Swindon??? Even if it was a League 2 Club we had approached, they will be saying, "Oooh, Swindon are only 10 places above us (just an example) in the league, Sammy Smackedass can do much better than that" and understandibly they won't be interested in talking to us (Sammy Smackedass was just a made up name although the Adver will probably be 'linking' him with us tomorrow and Vic Chandler will have him down as hot favourite)...alternatively, if we go for Academy types such as Money, we'll have to pay a load of compo which is not going to happen. If we were Premiership or top half of the Championship we could be trying to poach other clubs personnel but we're one place above the drop zone in div 3 so that really is not going to happen.

Let's just get Holloway or Dowie in and stop fucking around. Either one would be fine. So what if Holloway pissed about a bit in his interview? It doesn't mean he can't do a job for us

Enough is enough. Some times you can think about things too much.

Get a fucking move on Fitton.

There.

I said it.

And it needed to be said.
kaufman

« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:17:46 »

No shit Sherlock

FUCK YOU WATSON Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:32:18 »

Let's just get Holloway or Dowie in and stop fucking around. Either one would be fine. So what if Holloway pissed about a bit in his interview? It doesn't mean he can't do a job for us.

Holloway and Dowie are both fucking twats and are the last people I'd want in charge at Swindon.

At least, that is how I felt when Malpas was sacked. Now, I still think they are twats but I'd be over the moon if Fitton was on the phone to one of them at this very moment and they were appointed tomorrow morning before the game.

We need a manager quick, to stop the rot and so he will have a few games to assess the squad before the transfer window opens. Otherwise, we will most likely be facing a relegation battle.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:38:50 »

I'm sure there is a reason Holloway hasn't been seriously considered. Fitton clearly wasn't impressed and he didn't fit the criteria. Besides he can hardly pick up the phone now and say "Please Mr Holloway we've changed our mind". Holloway will probably tell him to get lost.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:50:42 »

Holloway and Dowie are both fucking twats and are the last people I'd want in charge at Swindon.
and what exactly makes them 'fucking twats' just out of interest???
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:53:22 »

and what exactly makes them 'fucking twats' just out of interest???

Because Jonny says so!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:59:01 »

Because Jonny says so!
I am really struggling to think of anything which makes either of them even remotely deserving of the epithet 'fucking twats'. I reckon Jonny has had at least 4 Stellas in the last hour or so.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 19:59:53 »

Well Holloway is a gashead, thats pretty twatish you must admit!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: