Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51169 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:56:01 »

Well he has brought down the debt

The most recent figure I saw was that we owe Lee Power £6million. [Edit: Not been able to verify the £6m figure. Can verify £4m though]

It was, we were told, £0 when Jed & Power got involved because the previous owner apparently wrote off £10million.

The debt is dead, long live the debt.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 12:01:53 by michael » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 07:57:06 »

OMG I trolled a troll off the internet how hard am I? (just ask the wife)

Hahaha. DMR and Albert Brind. Two peas in a pod; who'd have thought it?!

I'll miss his racing tips but not a lot else I guess.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:02:47 »

Amen, Delta Incline.

When i posted my concerns months and months ago about Power, the amount of embarrassing replies was laughable.  Posters such as Flashart were sarcastic, however from licking Power's ass, now cannot decide whether he is doing a good job or not.
When the reply earlier in this thread "Power invested more than Black", you just feel like banging your head against a brick wall.  Most clubs supporters would questioning the chairman, selling assets in the summer, then strategically selling the best player after an opening day hatrick, replacing with players who are way out their depth.
Power has made a handsome profit from Swindon Town, consequently loyal fans are suffering, i wonder if those still thinking he is this saviour will be happy when we are beaten by the likes of Oxford next season.  I can honestly say in 28 years, Lee Power has made me not want to attend Swindon Town which is very sad.
It seems like you see Town fans as either Power arse-lickers (and therefore deluded) or view Power as Satan (and therefore well in their rights to dump the club). There are some of us who able to accept a shit season, see that there is little positive leadership, comprehend that we are still a selling club, yet have bought season tickets for next season. We're not happy clappy, and we're not 'suffering'. We might just dust down the pitch forks and light the torches if there is evidence that the owner is leading the club to oblivion. Until then, I'll carry on watching the good seasons and the bad seasons.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:04:07 »

The most recent figure I saw was that we owe Lee Power £6million.

It was, we were told, £0 when Jed & Power got involved because the previous owner apparently wrote off £10million.

The debt is dead, long live the debt.

Ah right i didn't know that, what is that debt for please? How the fuck can we owe 6 million and for what?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:05:42 »

Why do ower Power 3 million after only 80k last season and all the player sales/Wembley money? We need clarity on finances IMO. We shouldnt have a bottom 4 budget with the 6th highest avaerage attendance. These are the questions i want amswered.

On the pitch i get the plans etc and it makes sense but off it something doesnt quite seem right to me.
Flashheart

« Reply #140 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:09:18 »

I stopped reading Delta's posts some time ago, although I'm guessing he made lots of ranty claims without offering any reason why we should believe them.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:12:04 »

Well, he claimed it was £4million in January (2016), and I *think* subsequently said £6million, but I may have that wrong.

Let's go with £4million for now :-)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:13:51 »

I stopped reading Delta's posts some time ago, although I'm guessing he made lots of ranty claims without offering any reason why we should believe them.

Why would you not read anybody's posts?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Levi lapper

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:21:23 »

I've lost the love, couldn't be bothered to go yesterday.

Who knows whether Powers methods will deliver anything like success or not - last season was pretty good but this one has been awful.

I have just bought a season ticket for my local premier league team for next season, feel like I'm cheating on my wife, but to continue the analogy, she's fit and the sex is amazing.... STFC doesn't do it for me at the moment, hopefully I will fall for her again soon. 
Flashheart

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:26:51 »

Why would you not read anybody's posts?

Because they offer nothing of value. Nothing interesting, informative or humorous, best to just scroll down,
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:28:40 »

I'm not a big fan of Power, however I would much rather have a club (not losing £m's a season) than being on the brink of going bust every other season.

Power has invested money in the squad in the past but who has he paid for this season? I could be wrong but I can't remember anyone, has the money this year gone on the training ground? Yes I know the club hasn't purchased the land but Power funds all players the club buys as he pumps the money into the club.

As for Williams not being a good enough manager!  I bet if we read back 5-6 weeks people will be saying the total opposite, we have a small squad with a lot of injuries (or dickheads inhaling gas) what else could we expect.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 08:40:24 »

There was 40 seconds of 'highlights' on sky which says it all really.

So many people have no commented on our lack of movement at throw ins, corners etc, rather than give the useless fucks 4 days off why don't we utilise the time in training on these aspects of the game?

It's been utter dross this season in the main.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 09:04:30 »

There were plenty of slow, ponderous performance with static movement last season too. It's just we didn't go into meltdown over them because we were winning. The problem is we rely on doing our defending with the ball a la Guardiola. We try and stop the other team attacking by dominating possession, slowly working our way up the pitch and then being quick and incisive at the right time. The problem is aren't able to/aren't good enough to become quick and incisive in the final third. I thought this was a big problem last season too. Sometimes constant possession leads to the players being frightened to do anything with it for fear of losing the ball and inviting a counter attack, whereby we are usually all over the place positionally. Our best performances this season seem to have been when we gone behind and thrown caution to the wind.

The best teams in almost every league are built upon being able defend solidly when the opposition have the ball. Until we are able to do this rather than relying on stopping the other team scoring by having the ball, I think we will continue to have these frustratingly slow performances. Unless we suddenly start signing players as good as Xavi and Iniesta.

On the brightside, it's nowhere near as bad as 2010/11, Power himself said on the radio yesterday how disappointing this season has been, which suggests to me things are being put in place to improve things.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 09:14:36 »

It seems like you see Town fans as either Power arse-lickers (and therefore deluded) or view Power as Satan (and therefore well in their rights to dump the club). There are some of us who able to accept a shit season, see that there is little positive leadership, comprehend that we are still a selling club, yet have bought season tickets for next season. We're not happy clappy, and we're not 'suffering'. We might just dust down the pitch forks and light the torches if there is evidence that the owner is leading the club to oblivion. Until then, I'll carry on watching the good seasons and the bad seasons.

Best post I've read for a while.

It's All Good..............
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 09:28:16 »

Well said, pretty much sums it up for me.

It's obviously been a disappointing season, however it started reasonably well, then we had a clusterfuck of injuries, picked up a bit and had an outside sniff of the playoffs, then another clusterfuck of injuries.

Had it not been for all the injuries this season it could've been a lot more positive.

I'll be back next season, it's very easy to support the team when they're doing well.

We know we need to improve the squad. I'd like to see Vigouroux signed permanently, I like the look of Doughty, would like to see him here next season, keep Nathan Thompson, Iandolo, maybe Kasim if he wants to stay, Ajose and Obika obviously. The rest i'm not bothered about in the slightest, they're easily replaceable and with better players in my opinion.

First and foremost we need to sort out the defence, been an absolute disaster this season.

Looking forward to this season ending, looking forward to the Euros, looking forward to the outgoings, incomings and ridiculous transfer rumours, got a baby due any day (due date today) and the sun is shining.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: