Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barnsley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18198 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 22:50:32 »

You lot are so fickle it cracks me up. A good performance on Tuesday and we'll be playoff candidates again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:07:18 »

never been playoff contenders, anybody who thought we were is frankly on crack. even the exciting and fine attacking displays against Southend and Crewe were tempered by piss poor defending.

calling a shit performance a shit performance is fair enough, not fickle
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:15:20 »

Playoff was only a dream if we could put on a good run, something we haven't done all season. We need 5 wins, have 4 sides below us to play at home. Get that early and prep for next season. Lack of signings is worrying
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:19:32 »

paper thin squad, conceding goals for fun, inexperienced team/manager, constant churn of players...yup..no chance.

mid table will do me just fine. hate to sound reg I'll be a lot happier when we put a bit more of a gap on the bottom 4, just to cover the possibility of Ajose/obika getting injured.

the window(s) could yet change things for the better.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:22:31 »

Williams said on the radio he was happy with the squad, and we have youngsters in the under 18's we can bring in. I took that to mean 'dont be disappointed when we dont sign anyone'

On another note, anyone notice the barnsley coach walk round the pitch in the second half to pass instructions to their player in the second half? How the fuck did he get away with that? Negates the point of the technical area!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:26:44 »

I think he lobbed some sort of energy gel to one of their players,  wondered the same thing too
Talk Talk

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:43:27 »

I thought that the first half was quite good, it went in a flash time wise. Second half - someone said turgid - I though flaccid was more appropriate.

Um. When the sixteen finger wankers scored I thought that they had won promotion to the Premier League. Cunts
deltaincline

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 23:57:19 »

Im sick of this "nathan at all costs" feeling that's creeping in.First we change a system that has been working well recently to accommodate him and then Luke Williams admits that "he's (thompson) not quite there" yet still picks him. Its bullshit

Thompson didn't have a bad game and made several last-ditch tackles that saved us, but he was off the pace. I had no problem with him coming back in, but relying on him in a back three after the injury he's had was a reckless decision by Williams.

Fucking awful game to watch.

Ref was a pedantic cunt who seemed to give them absolutely every 50/50 decision.

They probably deserved to nick it in the end as they did try to get the ball into their strikers, unlike us, who seem content to just keep on over passing the fucking ball.

Smith livened things up when he came on. Definitely seemed up for it and willing to have a go, and for once, the wanker boo-boys laid off him.

Listened to the re-run of the Power interview after the match. Still claiming that 2 premier sides are in for Kassim.

Oh do fuck off.
Talk Talk

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 00:00:11 »

Listened to the re-run of the Power interview after the match. Still claiming that 2 premier sides are in for Kassim.

Oh do fuck off.

I will defer to Gazza who was stood by my side for the match today and had his "I hate Yasser" head on

Premier League? You're having a laugh...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 00:15:56 »

Swansea
Talk Talk

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 00:20:19 »

Swansea

Tourette's Tans?

Try "fucking cunt" *spit*
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 09:21:04 »

If thompsons gonna replace anyone it should be turnbull, who's been our weakest defender for a while and looks every inch a 19 year old who's played 60-70 games in a row without a break. Would do him good I reckon

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 09:37:35 »

I know what for l your saying Dave, got away with a couple yesterday too.

But for me Thompson should be the right hand side of a back 4. That means choosing between Thompson and Barry, that's what managers have to do, make though choices.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 09:38:02 »

I know what for l your saying Dave, got away with a couple yesterday too.

But for me Thompson should be the right hand side of a back 4. That means choosing between Thompson and Barry, that's what managers have to do, make though choices.
This
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, January 31, 2016, 09:50:10 »

A point would have been a fair result and had the referee (who was shite) given a foul for a push in the lead up to the goal, we'd have had one. As mentioned, don't agree with Williams changing the formation to accommodate Thompson.

Very frustrating at times, passes underhit or overhit and half hearted challenges being made.  Throw ins seem to be a particular problem. 90% of ours end up with the opposition gaining possession and we don't seem able to mark properly when the opposition have one.

Slightly concerned that Williams said in his interview that he's happy with the players we've got and we have a strong squad. If that's the case, wht are we sitting in the bottom third of a poor league?  Also said if we lose a couple of players before the transfer window shuts, we've got fringe players and youth players who can come in.  Really?!  Are these some of the players who were nowhere near good enough when we were decimated with injuries?  Wil be very disappointed if nobody comes in, especially if players go.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: