Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man Utd  (Read 7953 times)
JPC82

« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:34:25 »

i dont like Man Utd but they are the best team in the country by a country mile
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:36:19 »

I dont watch Fletcher enough to form my own opinion but I can assure you that I am not reading the Manchester United version of thisis, for starters some of these fans even go to the games!!

I'm happy to take the opinion of the bloke in charge up there, think he's a little too long in the tooth to select a player due to his nationality. 
Lumps

« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 20:18:33 »

Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Jonny Evans, Danny Wellbeck.

Yeah three are in their thirties, Wes is 29, O'Shea is 27.

The other 2 have a massive 7 appearances for the Man Utd first team.

I'm not saying their youth set up doesn't produce players, there's a whole load of them propping up the arse end of the prem, but to claim they build the MAJORITY of their squad out of their youth team is just bollocks.

The Man U 1st team squad is made up of 34 players, 18 of which have been purchased for a fee, and 16 of which are "homegrown" (although a couple of those have been poached at 16 from Wimbledon and Lazio).

Of those 16 players 3 made their 1st team debuts over 15 years ago, one, Wes Brown over 10 years ago, O'Shea and Fletcher 5 years ago or more.

Most of the rest are out on loan or farmed out to Royal Antwerp. They have about 15 first team appearences between them.

Face it the bulk of the first team squad at United, just like at any other prem club, with the exception of Boro has been bought in the transfer market.

Harking back to that bloody Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt, Neville(s) team as if that was the rule at the club rather than the exception is just deluded.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 21:20:57 »

i dont like Man Utd but they are the best team in the country by a country mile
This is quite obviously not true. The top three are pretty closely matched.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 21:54:04 »

Yeah three are in their thirties, Wes is 29, O'Shea is 27.

The other 2 have a massive 7 appearances for the Man Utd first team.

I'm not saying their youth set up doesn't produce players, there's a whole load of them propping up the arse end of the prem, but to claim they build the MAJORITY of their squad out of their youth team is just bollocks.

The Man U 1st team squad is made up of 34 players, 18 of which have been purchased for a fee, and 16 of which are "homegrown" (although a couple of those have been poached at 16 from Wimbledon and Lazio).

Of those 16 players 3 made their 1st team debuts over 15 years ago, one, Wes Brown over 10 years ago, O'Shea and Fletcher 5 years ago or more.

Most of the rest are out on loan or farmed out to Royal Antwerp. They have about 15 first team appearences between them.

Face it the bulk of the first team squad at United, just like at any other prem club, with the exception of Boro has been bought in the transfer market.

Harking back to that bloody Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt, Neville(s) team as if that was the rule at the club rather than the exception is just deluded.

And they poached a fair few of them as well.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:07:55 »

This is quite obviously not true. The top three are pretty closely matched.

You are quite obviously correct Ben-the table tells you that!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: