Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 16:57:43)
Murphy Mahoney - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn - 14 (19.4%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 0 (0%)
Williams Kokolo (sub 89) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 0 (0%)
Liam Kinsella - 4 (5.6%)
Saidou Khan - 28 (38.9%)
George McEachran (sub 77) - 0 (0%)
Dan Kemp - 12 (16.7%)
Jake Young - 13 (18.1%)
Tyrese Shade (on 77) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin (on 89) - 1 (1.4%)
Total Voters: 72

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield MoM Thread  (Read 3720 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 09:23:20 »

It’s interesting reading the comments here about Minturn, we were discussing him yesterday and my son asked whether he gets treated in a kinder way because of his age and being a local lad.

He had a good game yesterday, but there were several times where he put is in trouble because of mistakes (the one late on being the worst of all). Reminded me of a Conroy performance, generally really good but you were always wary of the mistakes that were coming.

Now at 19 you would like to think with game time & experience he will learn to minimise those mistakes, but it’s clear after the last couple of games he more than deserves his place in the first team squad, although like with most young players they do need breaks.

For me, the MOM was between Kemp & Khan

I definitely cut him some slack on his age, well maybe his experience would be a better term than age.

I’ve said time and time again but in a super ideal world Minturn would have been out on loan last season playing every week in the National League.
…or if we had a bigger squad he could be out on loan this season. The level and the playing every week being vital though. No point getting him out to play 3 games for Supermarine for example.

Hopefully with game time he’ll iron out the mistakes but obviously that’s not always a given (example Jerel Ifil he was the same player at 20 as he was at 25 and 30)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 09:33:13 »

Minturn pressing Reed 1/2 way into their half leaving a 3 on 2 behind him led to their goal (But on several other occasions, his quick challenges were awesome and stopped attacks stone dead). Couple of times he dropped his shoulder (or got into space) to circumvent their press and then took too long to do something with the ball. Then there is the looking up to pass and mis-controlling the ball when under pressure. These are all mistakes that can be eradicated.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 10:05:10 »

The hard to please critics in the Chicken Run probably thought that Bobby Moore had a mistake or two in him at 19.
Would be great to have a homegrown player as a regular in the heart of our defence.
No sentiment involved, he is good enough to make it & improve along the way.

Kemp was pivotal yesterday and popped up everywhere.

Good to see players running with the ball with not a little skill.
FBT did that very well at times but was blowing at the end.

But the douze points go to the very excellent Khan.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 15:52:11 »

I see the only Town player to make the Football League Paper's team of the week is er... Murphy Mahoney. Who was about our tenth best player yesterday. Odd. The team also has Joe Tomlinson in central midfield so it may in fact be an elaborate hoax
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 16:08:04 »

Kemp shades it for me. Thought he was involved in everything good, and ran and ran until the end. Khan was also excellent and Young was superb as a target man the whole game. I thought Minturn was terrific first half but a bit shaky second when Mansfield put Akins on.

This will sound silly based on what happened at the end, but without Charlie I thought we looked a lot better. Clearly it was ultimately him being on the field that got us the points - fair play to Shade for the ammunition also - but we just seemed a bit more 'balanced' yesterday. Mansfield were clearly no mugs so hats off to the whole side for a generally positive performance. Mceachran possibly the only disappointment, but he didn't really do too much wrong, he was just a bit 'meh'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 16:15:20 »

Let’s hope Flynn don’t use Shade as a wing back again as he clearly needs to play up front/wide and seems at his best when he comes on later in games.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 16:51:59 »

it's not silly BO. Austin needed a rest. We needed a change as a team.

Good contribution at the end was invaluable.

Very unlucky with the header. He's got more to give, it doesn't have to be from a starting position. Rest, reset and we'll see
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 18:07:00 »

it's not silly BO. Austin needed a rest. We needed a change as a team.

Good contribution at the end was invaluable.

Very unlucky with the header. He's got more to give, it doesn't have to be from a starting position. Rest, reset and we'll see

Need that extra midfielder, has to be on the bench for the foreseeable future.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 19:05:50 »

Need that extra midfielder, has to be on the bench for the foreseeable future.

Until January🤣

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 09:06:57 »

I see the only Town player to make the Football League Paper's team of the week is er... Murphy Mahoney. Who was about our tenth best player yesterday. Odd. The team also has Joe Tomlinson in central midfield so it may in fact be an elaborate hoax

I'm convinced they don't watch the games. Sol Brynn didn't get in for I think it was Northampton away one of the greatest GK performances I've ever seen.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 09:09:36 »

Austin definitely needs a rest. Its such a shame what could have been this season with a proper budget. Young in on perm, Wakeling replacement and another different style of striker. Properly managed minutes Austin could have been firing on all cylinders when playing.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 09:24:41 »

I'm convinced they don't watch the games. Sol Brynn didn't get in for I think it was Northampton away one of the greatest GK performances I've ever seen.

Or all the other keepers this weekend were terrible? Mahoney kept a clean sheet, but I think had to make 2 or 3 saves that were absolutely in the category 'routine'. I think your right, not much effort is spent on watching any L2 action for these things.

Based on our performance you could surely make a good case for Khan, Kemp or Young to have been in the team.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 09:29:24 »

Or all the other keepers this weekend were terrible? Mahoney kept a clean sheet, but I think had to make 2 or 3 saves that were absolutely in the category 'routine'. I think your right, not much effort is spent on watching any L2 action for these things.

Based on our performance you could surely make a good case for Khan, Kemp or Young to have been in the team.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 10:08:08 »

Didn't think we were playing rush keepers when they scored were we?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 10:19:58 »

Oh god I am such a wally sometimes.

I have no idea why I thought that!! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: