Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Problems in Mumbai  (Read 1780 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 06:31:08 »

On other international events, did I imagine that bangkok airport got taken over by anti government rebel types today? I think BR said before that when there's any big demonstrationy unresty happenings that the internet sometimes gets cut off, and I haven't noticed him about today.

Bye

Wev'e basically got one bunch of megolomaniac wankers closing down the airports to oust the corrupt government wankers who are being supported by a group of neanderthal wankers.

Thailand ain't a million miles away from civil war at the moment, and another coup seems inevitable.

All exciting stuff really (from behind the safety of my PC anyway).

I'd still rather be here than Mumbai though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:18:27 »

Glad to hear you're OK BR. As for events in Mumbia, there's been pretty regular bombings etc in India for a number of years now - they had 200+ killed in an attack on Mumbai trains a couple of years back, and there's over 700 dead since late 2005 (apart from this latest attack). The difference in this latest attack is the level of coordination, the method of attack and, the main reason it's getting so much coverage, this time the gunman are apparently explicitly targeting Westerners
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:20:50 »

this time the gunman are apparently explicitly targeting Westerners
British and American in particular according to the BBC!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: