Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 80646 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:01:07 »

On his day in League 2 he is a potent player

Isn't that just the sort of thing we're going to need? 
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:03:24 »

Bishop hasn't done anything for a couple of seasons really. I suppose Tubbs will do ok, not much difference between L2 and BSP. McCloud would be a brilliant signing.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:11:41 »

Isn't that just the sort of thing we're going to need? 

On his day L2 player

No it isnt what we need.

We need decent consistent L1 players who want to get out the basement asap.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:15:38 »

Sheehan says "Wow the old brigade is nearly all gone now. Don't think it's finished yet either??!!" on twitter

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Things get better but they never get good
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:16:52 »

"On his day" sounds like he's not consistently potent.

I'd take a striker who could be potent most days in L2 even if he couldn't cut it at a higher level.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:19:29 »

On his day L2 player

No it isnt what we need.

We need decent consistent L1 players who want to get out the basement asap.

No we need to get out of L2 and then get in L1 players. In the modern game, players don't hang about long in search of a better deal. 
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:20:20 »

Sheehan says "Wow the old brigade is nearly all gone now. Don't think it's finished yet either??!!" on twitter

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The old brigade being the drinking club of Cuthbert, O'Brien, Prutton, Sheehan.

Dougie next to leave Huh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:24:29 »

"On his day" sounds like he's not consistently potent.

I'd take a striker who could be potent most days in L2 even if he couldn't cut it at a higher level.

Which is why he's at L2 level with Shots....this is where the manager earns his corn, he's got to get that consistency out of him.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:42:17 »

The way the last few days have panned out, you do wonder whether there is about to be a mass unveiling of players at a press conference soon.  I do suspect that Di Canio (from whom we're heard next to nothing since his appointment) has a few surprises up his sleeve.  But, then again, you would also expect at this stage that there would be a number of 'Swindon linked with...' stories flying around.  And there aren't.

This is what worries me, the complete lack of rumours.  We struggled to attract players last season when we were in League 1, why should it be any better when we're in League 2 with a wage cap?

We all expected a bit of a clear out and rebuild, but can anyone honestly say they expected this many players to move on?  I don't think it's finished yet to be honest, I'll be very surprised if Douglas stays now since the majority of his mates have gone.  I know it's early to panic, but I can't help feeling decidely jittery.

Hopefully the return of Di Canio will also mark the arrival of some players, at least one of whom will get the excitement levels up slightly, as it's all a bit flat at the moment.  I hope Devera and Smith weren't the token British players and the rest of the defence and entire strikeforce will be made up of Italians...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:47:37 »

Jon Smith and Joe Devera were linked and joined within days.

We knew McGovern and Lecs were buggering off and even Benyon was linked with Wycombe and Orient. So we shouldn't be that shocked.

I'm not at all concerned... Perhaps if there's no movement at all this time next week but not now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:49:21 »

If there were countless rumours we'd all be screaming when they didn't materialise. Stop worrying, we're getting rid of a load of players responsible for our worst season ever.

If we don't have something resembeling a decent 11 on the first day of pre-season i'll be a bit concerned. Not now.

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #266 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:51:05 »

We struggled to attract players last season when we were in League 1

No we didn't, we got plenty of players.

We just didn't get the right ones
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 20:52:08 »

Some proper arsekissing on twitter

'oh dougie please please dont go, your the playmaker we need etc'

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 21:02:29 »

I'm finding this mass exodus all very exciting, I'm not bothered at all about any of the players that have gone...

For every face gone, there's the possibility of a shiny new talent coming in... I'm a lot more optimistic now then I would be if we were keeping all the useless wankers from last year.

If we do keep Ferry, Dougie, Caddis and Ritchie then its job done - all the twats gone and the quality left

Add a sprinkling of lower league players, drizzled with some italians and its all systems go.... fantastic stuff.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #269 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 21:04:52 »

All these departures and we still probably have the best midfield in the league (and then some).

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: