Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 80648 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 00:17:11 »

For some reason I thought our squad would be ripped apart more than looks likely.
I'm OK with that as long as some members of this season's squad are ripped apart, physically. It might only be a token gesture but frankly it's the least they can do. To compensate for doing the least that they could
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 18:38:29 »

The F.A. deadline of the retained list was today wasn't it?

According to a much discussed social network site, Mark Scott and Nathan Thompson both received good news today.

Unless they're getting married of course.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 23:11:00 »

Updated to reflect Prutton bailing out and Sheehan being unable to make his mind up.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 19:18:23 »

Official website suggests that Will Evans is contracted until beyond this summer.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2366800,00.html
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 19:22:51 »

I make that 20 if the 4 take up the offers. As Jeremy Wray said a tighter squad this year and Di Canio will want 5 or 6 , that suggests to me the rest are off.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 19:40:21 »

They left Milan Mišun from that list too.

Nobody can blame them.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 19:50:39 »

Did Lucas sign a contract extension in the end then?
Decent enough keeper for League 2 IMO, but always injured now, surely would have been easier to pay him off??

Looks like the Leeds clique will be no more by august anyhow

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 19:58:35 »

They left Milan Mišun from that list too.

Nobody can blame them.
The club probably forgot about him. Can the signing be annulled?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 20:01:05 »

Updated the list with the latest info from the club.

Not sure about Said and Clark. Thought they had 1 year left on their contracts, but according to the club statement it looks like they're out of contract and been offered 6 months. Anyone confirm?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 21:18:43 »

they've just "graduated" as youth trainees and been offered their first pro contracts. From the info on the OS seems as though these are 6 month contracts.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:03:04 »

The club probably forgot about him. Can the signing be annulled?

I would wait and give him a chance.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:03:25 »

Must say I'm getting less and less comfortable with this.

Who has made the contract decisions?  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Mr Wray said all along that the new manager would be doing this - not unreasonable assuming the new manager had a working knowledge of League 2 and the players we have.  I'm not sure that PDC (or anyone else) would be able to do this on the back of a few DVDs.  So....?

We were also told that wages wouldn't be an issue as the contracts had relegation clauses in...so that would indicate that not offering Douglas, Cuthbert and (in my view) Sheehan are purely footballing decisions.  Just my opinion like (of course these are all far better players than we saw last season), but the chances of replacing them 'like for like' are somewhere between zilch and zero. 

Not that the problem of replacing quality players has ever come back to haunt us or anything.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:09:51 »

If the likes of Douglas and Sheehan have made it plainly obvious they won't play in league 2, and indications are no one will pay money for them, there is little more that can be done. Hypothetically, of course.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:11:20 »

The situation with Cuthbert and Douglas are different. The club has an option to extend their deals by one year. The other players are out of contract. The club have said that they will announce players with extensions in the next few days. I would have thought that Di Canio will make the final decision on this. I get the feeling Douglas and Cuthbert will stay. They've been making the right noises especially Cuthbert. Dougie has said publicly he would like to stay, his family is settled etc. Have to wait and see though, nothing surprises me in football.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:14:21 »

Must say I'm getting less and less comfortable with this.

Who has made the contract decisions?  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Mr Wray said all along that the new manager would be doing this - not unreasonable assuming the new manager had a working knowledge of League 2 and the players we have.  I'm not sure that PDC (or anyone else) would be able to do this on the back of a few DVDs.  So....?

We were also told that wages wouldn't be an issue as the contracts had relegation clauses in...so that would indicate that not offering Douglas, Cuthbert and (in my view) Sheehan are purely footballing decisions.  Just my opinion like (of course these are all far better players than we saw last season), but the chances of replacing them 'like for like' are somewhere between zilch and zero.  

Not that the problem of replacing quality players has ever come back to haunt us or anything.
I'm the opposite. I'm much more comfortable. I don't want to replace like for like. I'll have the Douglas and Cuthbert from 09/10 but the ones from 10/11 - no way. We're moving forwards not backwards. We need players that are mentally tough not bottlers.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: