Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Stockport County - Official Guff Thread  (Read 24609 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 17:54:12 »

2 for the red card
he is also on 9 yellows, get one more and thats another 2 game ban

so probably 4 out of the last 11
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 17:54:30 »

3 according to Sturrock.

It's All Good..............
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 17:56:11 »

4, then.
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 18:20:29 »

Just back from the game, we were poor all game.  Westwood looked like he had potential although he looked knackered after 20mins and he seemed to duck under the ball for the third goal.

Noubissie had a reasonable game until it came to passing when he struggled to find a man in red on a regular basis.

The second goal was a bit unlucky as i think jerel headed a clearance against westwood and it just dropped nicely for Elding.  Elding was a cock all game giving it the gestures to the away fans.

My motm would go to peacock purely for his hard work rather than any particular quality play.  

Shakes and roberts were both poor in the first half, roberts was totally in the pocket of there right back and it took an hour for him to be switched to the right hand side.  Brown looked ok when he came on but compared to shakes that wasnt hard.

Jerel prob had to go, bit of a pointless lunge.  Im not convinced he saved a certain goal by it and we were already 2 down and not really looking like scoring.

All in all very poor
DMR

« Reply #304 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 19:03:37 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
fuck off Ian Longdon

"what a load of rubbish" in response to someone's text. Utter cock.

The text said that our board were literally forcing our players to lose.

So Ian's right, utter rubbish and if you disagree with that then you're the cock, I don't think this board has the clubs interests at heart but fuck me what a ridiculuos suggestion.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 19:06:49 »

Having feared an away game at Stockport, and fearing Rochdale away to come,  Team for next Saturday:

Smith
Smith
Westwood
Vincent
Nicholas
Timlin
Pook
Zabooub
Peacock
Sturrock
Lucas

or if Luggy gets really torqued at the piss artists:

Smith
Smith
Westwood
Peacock
Vincent
Timlin
Pook
Zabooub
Sturrock
Lucas
The new Frenchy
cib

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 19:12:37 »

Quote from: "manc red"
Just back from the game, we were poor all game.  Westwood looked like he had potential although he looked knackered after 20mins and he seemed to duck under the ball for the third goal.

Noubissie had a reasonable game until it came to passing when he struggled to find a man in red on a regular basis.

The second goal was a bit unlucky as i think jerel headed a clearance against westwood and it just dropped nicely for Elding.  Elding was a cock all game giving it the gestures to the away fans.

My motm would go to peacock purely for his hard work rather than any particular quality play.  

Shakes and roberts were both poor in the first half, roberts was totally in the pocket of there right back and it took an hour for him to be switched to the right hand side.  Brown looked ok when he came on but compared to shakes that wasnt hard.

Jerel prob had to go, bit of a pointless lunge.  Im not convinced he saved a certain goal by it and we were already 2 down and not really looking like scoring.

All in all very poor

Agreed Andy. Westwood seemed off the pace/unfit so fuck knows why he was put in having only coming to us yesterday.
There is little we got from that game, partly other than Noubissie guy who put himself about in the middle of the park (although couldnt pass) Timlin and Peacock giving what they could (Peacs looked injured at the end).
They were just hungrier for it, and that was shown at the end with their celebrations. it meant more to them than it did to us.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #307 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 20:15:06 »

I looked at the line-up today and thought it wasn't good enough.

I think it's also time for fans to stop hoping that Blair Sturrock will do the business - he's showed effort but he won't score enough goals (same as Peacock and Roberts). I'll put money on that.
glos_robin

« Reply #308 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 20:46:36 »

Quote from: "manc red"
Westwood looked like he had potential although he looked knackered after 20mins and he seemed to duck under the ball for the third goal

You what? Westwood was possibly the worst defender I have ever seen and I include people such as richard dryden in that conclusion. He didn't open his mouth once, didn't win one header all game and generally had no footballing ability. We've landed a shit player with personal problems, a big well done to Mr Sturrock.

As for the match it was shit and all the players were shit, the stadium was shit, the pitch was shit and all in all it was just SHIT!

The biggest shit was sturrock though, his tactics were wrong, the substitutions were worst and his choice of players was laughable. See he's now frozen Weston out by the look of it. I don't rate Sturrock at all, this isn't a rash decision I said similar the other week, he makes Andy King look sane. Was speaking to a Sheff wed fan on the train home, it appears they only liked him as a man, but didn't think he was a very good manager. Apparently he used to play a left winger on the right wing there and vice versa....where does that sound familiar.

He said he'd make big changes after the Barnet game and didn't so I doubt he'll keep his word and play them in the reserve game!
sonic youth

« Reply #309 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 21:18:30 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
fuck off Ian Longdon

"what a load of rubbish" in response to someone's text. Utter cock.

The text said that our board were literally forcing our players to lose.

So Ian's right, utter rubbish and if you disagree with that then you're the cock, I don't think this board has the clubs interests at heart but fuck me what a ridiculuos suggestion.

Longdon's job isn't to pass judgment on what anyone has to say, especially considering his refusal to discuss any non-football related issues on the phone-in yesterday evening.

I think it's a crock of shit as well but it pisses me off that a man who tries to distance himself from boardroom matter on a show which allows Town fans a rare platform to speak publicly on their views then rubbishes others views.
TalkTalk

« Reply #310 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 21:21:43 »

I think it's a crock of shit as well but it pisses me off that a man who tries to distance himself from boardroom matter on a show which allows Town fans a rare platform to speak publicly on their views then rubbishes others views.

Agree. Sonic.

Longden is lame.

Ed's got some balls as has Shaun (within their remit of being objective but not completely pissing the club off so they can't get interviews any more).
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 21:41:05 »

glos_robin got it pretty much spot on. 3 hours each way, got trashed 3-0 and not one of the players were up to the standard needed.

One thing pissed me off almost as much as the result...the reaction Brown got when he came onto the pitch. He got the biggest cheer of the day, everyone around me clapped him onto the pitch, and not just a normal quick round of applause a fucking standing ovation! What's that about for christs sake!? Two weeks ago he told us to fuck off and called us all wankers, but now he's 'apologised' (if you believe the drivel on the OS) and has recieved death threats, all is forgiven? Either our fans have very short memories or are the most gullible bunch of idiots about.
fatbury

« Reply #312 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 21:43:37 »

bloody awful ... big questions marks over Sturrock
Rich Pullen

« Reply #313 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 21:55:11 »

Swindon Town FC - We can have a positive season where we win more games than we lose and we're still a total mess!

Sturrock gets tactics wrong - fair enough. But his track record cannot be ignored. He got Plymouth and Sheff Wed out of lower divisions... Sure, that doesn't automatically mean he will do the business here.

Simple fact is that Sturrock doesn't seem to rate the majority of the players he's inherited one bit. Is there a possibility he's losing the dressing room?

Whether we go up or stay in L2, there will be loads of changes.

I rate Sturrock and feel he will move us forward... I just hope it's this season!
glos_robin

« Reply #314 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 21:57:08 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
glos_robin got it pretty much spot on. 3 hours each way, got trashed 3-0 and not one of the players were up to the standard needed.

One thing pissed me off almost as much as the result...the reaction Brown got when he came onto the pitch. He got the biggest cheer of the day, everyone around me clapped him onto the pitch, and not just a normal quick round of applause a fucking standing ovation! What's that about for christs sake!? Two weeks ago he told us to fuck off and called us all wankers, but now he's 'apologised' (if you believe the drivel on the OS) and has recieved death threats, all is forgiven? Either our fans have very short memories or are the most gullible bunch of idiots about.

I was going to mention that but it would of just added to my rant. I made a point of putting my arms behind my back and turning my back on him. I couldn't believe he got a standing ovation, other than be a total cunt what has he done this season.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: