Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club Mascots  (Read 5921 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:28:56 »

http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=2&s=963&ss=970&c=5913&t=New+Swindon+Lap+Dance+Bar+Pops+Cork

hahahahahaa rouuuugggggghhhhhh

superkoz 2

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:44:19 »

The 3 pigs were associated with a double glazing company. The old Rockin' Robin went to Cheltenham Town in the late 90's, and was re-named 'Whaddney'!!
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:45:34 »

Whaddney Cheesy
superkoz 2

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:56:06 »

....As in Whaddon Road!!
He was borrowed for the 1998 FA Trophy final against Southport, initially.
lambourn red

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 14:25:17 »

"Haha I did! I thought to myself, surely they should have used some good-looking girls to promote their club?

Godfathers wasn't it?"

Nice smile on this one though Wink

[url width=456 height=352]http://www.swindonweb.com/uploaded_files/gallery/601/swindon_v_mkd_girl_0083.jpg[/url]
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 14:48:57 »

hahahahaha! Nice to see people appropriatly dressed for football matches!

P.S Im not anti-strippers by the way - just anti mingers! Wink
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 14:50:46 »

i thought they were some hen party, bloody hell thats a bit risque by the club.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 14:54:24 »

I dont think the club were aware they were all going to turn up with no panty girdles on!!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 15:15:46 »

I suppose technically they was 'smartly' dressed so stfc could not complain and as they had sponsored the match as well - but to be fair thoey could have used younger and better looking models though
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 20:54:46 »

The 3 pigs were associated with a double glazing company. The old Rockin' Robin went to Cheltenham Town in the late 90's, and was re-named 'Whaddney'!!

Have a look at the sports-mascot website.........doesn't look the same to me  Huh?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 21:28:14 »

After Dave?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 21:32:42 »

Rockin Robin's finest moment, for me, was before the Oxford v Swindon cup game... there was an Oxford v Swindon race around the pitch where the baton was a football.

When the Oxford ball came near Rockin Robin he punched it off the pitch causing them to fall miles behind and eventually lose.

Strangely I don't remember much about the game, it must have been dull.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 21:47:05 »

I think they had a sponsorship with a local company and they were represented by the pigs but I don't remember waht company it was

Coldseal who used the 3 little pigs jingle on their radio ads and spent a small fortune advertising on GWR stations.  They were attacked savagely before the game against Wolves by the Wolf mascot of Wolves, which made the national news at the time and I think they all got charged (clubs) for bringing the game into disrepute.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 21:49:44 »

Funniest Rockin Robin moment for me was at Bristol City in 2001.... RR and the City mascot had been having a penalty shoot out or something at the other end which somehow ended up with RR rolling around on the floor as if injured.   The City mascot got up, and started to bring the ball all the way up the field to score in the end that the Town fans were. RR was still playing injured at the other end when he spotted the City mascot thirty yards or so from goal, and started to sprint full pelt to stop him from scoring.... kicking off those big comedy boots he used to wear, and running in his socks.

The City mascot had no idea he was coming, and was bigging it up in front of the Town fans.... RR made it back literally just as he was about to tap it in, and sent him flying with a superb slide tackle about two yards from goal.  It was bloody funny at the time, but you probably had to be there!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 21:56:18 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: