Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon 0-1 Carlisle Matchday Thread  (Read 62315 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #435 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 23:28:38 »

I'm pretty left wing too if I'm honest
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 00:04:58 »

I've watched him play a handful of times over the last few years at Under 18s level, reserve team and pre-season friendlies against the likes of Chippenham.

I think I've seen him play upfront once and on the left wing all the other times.

That makes me far from an expert on what his position actually is but I've certainly seen him play wide left alot more times than I have seen him play upfront.
Fair enough, I was basing my assumption on the fact he replaced Dossevi at Dag & Red.

deltaincline

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 00:19:30 »

We're looking well fucked now.

The lack of anything resembling a half decent strike force was what we all feared would take us down if we flogged Austin in the transfer window without spending money on adequate replacements.  That fear is now a reality, and it's not very fucking pleasant.

Obika and Benyon may be OK when fully fit, who knows, but I'm not convinced that that pairing is the one that will fire us out of trouble in a relatively short run of games between now and the end of the season.

Wilson and Fitton have now proved that trying to build a side with an unbalanced blend of youth, promising stars of the future and experienced pro's is a bit hit and miss. For every Charlie Austin, you seem to get half a dozen or so Thomas Dossevie's / Vinny Pericards. That's great for your incoming revenue when you flog the Charlie Austin's, but it's shite for the long term prospects of the side when you're relying on 4th rate strikers to do business that is so obviously beyond their individual and collective capabilities, as we're seeing now.

We really should not be in such a weak position where we have a fairly decent squad of players all over the park, but with virtually fuck all up front.

Regardless of Fitton's apparent meddling in team matters, Wilson has to carry the can as he's the man in the hot seat. Has he fucked off yet Bye

STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #438 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 03:25:41 »

We're looking well fucked now.

The lack of anything resembling a half decent strike force was what we all feared would take us down if we flogged Austin in the transfer window without spending money on adequate replacements.  That fear is now a reality, and it's not very fucking pleasant.

Obika and Benyon may be OK when fully fit, who knows, but I'm not convinced that that pairing is the one that will fire us out of trouble in a relatively short run of games between now and the end of the season.

Wilson and Fitton have now proved that trying to build a side with an unbalanced blend of youth, promising stars of the future and experienced pro's is a bit hit and miss. For every Charlie Austin, you seem to get half a dozen or so Thomas Dossevie's / Vinny Pericards. That's great for your incoming revenue when you flog the Charlie Austin's, but it's shite for the long term prospects of the side when you're relying on 4th rate strikers to do business that is so obviously beyond their individual and collective capabilities, as we're seeing now.

We really should not be in such a weak position where we have a fairly decent squad of players all over the park, but with virtually fuck all up front.

Regardless of Fitton's apparent meddling in team matters, Wilson has to carry the can as he's the man in the hot seat. Has he fucked off yet Bye

We all know he won't be sacked, It just isn't going to happen, Fitton is so far up his arse that he won't get rid.

As for The Football League Show saying most fans are backing Wilson that's absolute bollocks, Most fans want him sacked!!
sn5_red

« Reply #439 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 07:38:24 »

disgusting to watch. i for one will not watch another game this season if that idiot is still in charge. im a season ticket holder too! Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #440 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 08:11:07 »

I nearly came on here last night to go ape shit but then couldnt remember if we drew or lost
Sussex

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 08:32:28 »

Smiley
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 08:39:22 »

We've got to start putting back to back wins together if we have any hope of avoiding the drop.  
It's 13 points from the next 5 games and the first win begins today.
2 0 to the Town, can't wait.

What o what was I drinking or to put it another way. What o what was I thinking.
A fair but not great performance, an entertaining game in many ways but it's results that matters now.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 09:43:14 »

My Grandad said to me yesterday he never liked that nig nog who played for Liverpool.

I replied 'dont you mean Ngog Granddad'

He said 'no, Glen Johnson'
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:22:46 »

Totally agree about the lack of strikeforce being a problem.  It was apparent to me (and so should have been to anyone who knows more about the game as I'd hope our management team do) even in the early part of the season that we were over-reliant on Austin's goals.  From early in the season it was difficult to see where goals were coming from without him.  We should have been planning for back-up even if he had stayed.  Without him, the feared scenario has played itself out - 1 goal in 5 home games this year is pitiful. 
I thought there were signs that the Benyon / Obika partnership could work yesterday but when EB went off we were back to no 2nd striker.

I also wonder why Bodin is picked for the bench if there is no intention to play him.  When asked in the post-match interview Wilson said he didn't bring him on beacuse he's too small - surely he can't be much smaller than Benyon who he'd be replacing?  Or possibly why not try a different option of putting him on left wing, switching Ritchie to right and replacing JP who seemed to find Carlisle players with every ball yesterday!
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #445 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:47:20 »

I also wonder why Bodin is picked for the bench if there is no intention to play him.  When asked in the post-match interview Wilson said he didn't bring him on beacuse he's too small - surely he can't be much smaller than Benyon who he'd be replacing?  
I didnt hear that - by the time I got back to the car Wilson's interview was ending.
Did he really say that?
If so, then that is unforgiveable - Poor Bodin must be checking the fixture list for when we play Dwarf Rovers in the hope he gets a start then.
He's big enough for the bench, but not for the game? FFS ok he isnt an Aden Flint but he's bigger than Ritchie - and Ferry for that matter
I am staggered that wilson would have said such a thing - almost like saying "I didnt bring him on because he is a ginge" (which would of course be acceptable)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:50:17 »

I'm 90% certain he's on the bench to make up the numbers

Things get better but they never get good
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:52:33 »

I'm 90% certain he's on the bench to make up the numbers
I think that is stating the obvious!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:56:07 »

we've seen it with other players.
nathan thompson for instance.
bodin wants to go out on loan if he can't get a run out here.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:08:28 »

I think both Bodin and Evans will both get new deals, if they want to sign them. Given the fragility of a professional football career, they will sign.

Seven subs at this level is quite a luxury and that's why Bodin is in the first team squad at the moment... So like Dave says, Wilson is making up the numbers.

It's a great way to integrate younger players into the senior set-up though.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: