Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 22985 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:21:04 »

The RHM discussion demonstrates the issue with us fans (all of us at times) and this squad all season.  Not many said that we should keep RHM over the past few weeks, in fact the likes of Austin have been called shit, Williams inaffective and Hutton not good enough, yet RHM scores one goal and the opinion of him swings in 20 mins of football.  When we lose we are the worse team ever and when we win we are capable of making it to 7th.

It just goes to show how bad and inconsistent this season has been when our opinions of players and the capability of this team change so dramatically week by week.  Hopefully the inconsistency of the team and individuals can be addressed by Morris once he gets some time with a new look squad in preseason.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:21:31 »

Is it Morris’s coaching, or are we just doing one touch fast passing better today?
Its definately woking better so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:23:21 »

I honestly don't think our strikers have been the problem.

There is a player in Jephcott too, but him and RHM have been mostly shite. Its what has been going on behind them that have made it so difficult for them, even Austin who is as natural a goalscorer as they come.

4-4-2 with the 4-4 part being 8 experienced adults of at least average height instead of midgets who were recently children and I think there is goals in any combination partnership of Austin/RHM/Wakeling/Jephcott.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:24:46 »

Is it Morris’s coaching, or are we just doing one touch fast passing better today?

Probably mixture of Morris coaching starting to pay off and Hartlepool being poorer than your average league two side.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:24:47 »

The RHM discussion demonstrates the issue with us fans (all of us at times) and this squad all season.  Not many said that we should keep RHM over the past few weeks, in fact the likes of Austin have been called shit, Williams inaffective and Hutton not good enough, yet RHM scores one goal and the opinion of him swings in 20 mins of football.  When we lose we are the worse team ever and when we win we are capable of making it to 7th.

It just goes to show how bad and inconsistent this season has been when our opinions of players and the capability of this team change so dramatically week by week.  Hopefully the inconsistency of the team and individuals can be addressed by Morris once he gets some time with a new look squad in preseason.
FWIW I have not moaned about RHM much but many have, I think he owed us something after the Newport sending off.

What you are saying is basically right, inconsistant, all season, but then if these players played at their good level every game then they wouldnt be in L2, thats why we have them, polish that turn until it rolls ever game not just 1 in 4.

I also still think there is a player in Shade too.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:27:42 »

I like RHM (Newport aside) he’s more of nuisance player than he is a good player (if that makes sense)
Always thought he was worth persevering with.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:27:49 »

Tomlinson has a shot from 20 yards but its straight at the keeper.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:28:29 »

If we're still winning second half, then thinking long term its time to see Clayton as a holding midfielder. Ideally we'd get another goal or two and could get a good half hour look at it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:29:35 »

Pools play a nice move but we get it clear in the box.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:29:59 »

I like RHM (Newport aside) he’s more of nuisance player than he is a good player (if that makes sense)
Always thought he was worth persevering with.

He's definitely erratic. Which can be frustrating but can also create havoc. Definitely worth keeping even if mostly used as an impact sub.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:30:44 »

RHM challenges the keeper after a long ball but the keeper plays it off RHM, good chance on the break for Town. Couild have easily gone the other way.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:30:49 »

If we're still winning second half, then thinking long term its time to see Clayton as a holding midfielder. Ideally we'd get another goal or two and could get a good half hour look at it.
And Adeloye as a striker.

But a long way to go before that!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:30:49 »

Similarly I’d like to see Adeloye get a decent half an hour on the pitch as well…
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:30:55 »

Pools play a nice move but we get it clear in the box.

That was shockingly nice play for a team in their position.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 14:32:09 »

That was shockingly nice play for a team in their position.
It was a really good move tbf to them.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: