Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mike Diamandis...take a bow...  (Read 6078 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:19:13 »

I dont know...but what I do know is we are being shafted out of 1 year and 9months worth of compensation, which in truth we desperatly need
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:20:50 »

We are not being shafted out of anything, a contract is a contract.
mr ian

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:33:28 »

wise wouldn't of come here unless he had that clause in his contract so i dont see how you can blame the board. it was that or no wise
Run_the_bath

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:43:53 »

We dont know whose fault it is as to why that clause is in there but in reality most contracts regarding football have some sort of clause for the players or staff to better themselves if given the chance, Put me in that position i would certainly want some sort of safety clause.

Its just fucking typical that we lose brezovan and then possibly the biggest game of our season so far (Lincoln) and we could quite possibly be managerless   Sad  Crying
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:06:21 »

I don't see this as getting shafted. Getting shafted would be if you had a manager on a 12 month rolling contract and had to pay his wages for a year after he had been sacked for being crap...
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:09:52 »

Quote from: "Zurich Red"
I don't see this as getting shafted. Getting shafted would be if you had a manager on a 12 month rolling contract and had to pay his wages for a year after he had been sacked for being crap...

fatbury

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:11:09 »

hes worth more than we will get im sure we all agree that ..
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:07:29 »

We only get a years compensation from a 3 year deal? Seriously?

Fuck me, I've just read the Beeb and that seem to be true.

Fuck it. Board, you can take me to court if you want, it would only confirm my belief that you're all fucking nuts.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:18:18 »

You could look at this a different way though.

The board suddenly offer out three years contracts when one year has been the norm for seasons.

Why? Because if Wise was on a one year contract and a bigger club poached him we'd get exactly fuck all. However, Wise is on a three year contract which is more appealing than a one year contract and also means we get a nice bit of compo if he fucks off.
DMR

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:20:23 »

Or...

they could show some fucking forsight and keep a duo who could get us out of this shitty league.

But that would be far too sensible.

Money talks and we ain't got any Sam.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:22:54 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
You could look at this a different way though.

The board suddenly offer out three years contracts when one year has been the norm for seasons.

Why? Because if Wise was on a one year contract and a bigger club poached him we'd get exactly fuck all. However, Wise is on a three year contract which is more appealing than a one year contract and also means we get a nice bit of compo if he fucks off.

but if we didnt have the 1 year clause and he fucks off...we'd get even more compo?
Piemonte

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:24:38 »

but if we didnt have the 1 year clause he may not have joined in the 1st place and we'd be stuck with *insert name of shit lower division manager here*

round and round we go
mr ian

« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:26:02 »

Quote from: "mr ian"
wise wouldn't of come here unless he had that clause in his contract so i dont see how you can blame the board. it was that or no wise

exactly
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 17:57:12 »

exactly

But what if that was not the only condition?

Playing budget
Backroom staff budget
Friday travel and overnight stays for away games

etc
etc
etc

What if that is being reneged on ?

Just a thought
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 18:01:11 »

I imagine the background stuff may well impact on his decision making.  Much of the overspend relates to things Wise wanted, and are currently bearing fruit for us, as he wanted control of the football side of things.  To then have that publicly questioned, in a round the houses way, must grate a little.  Add Bob's ability to wind him up and the fact that the 3 people he worked directly with (Power, Devlin and Linda) all going, or all but gone, and I would assume he wouldn't be over the moon.

That said, I'd still just about back him to have gone to Leeds even if everything was ok.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: