Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Type Of Football Fan Are You?  (Read 4438 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 07:16:38 »

Shamelessly nicked.....

What type of fan are you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I've recently been reading a book by an ex manager of ours; Frank Clark -Kicking with both feet.

Good incite into how the game works and the kind of problems a manager faces behind the scenes. Overall not hugely entertaining but a decent enough read.

In one chapter of the book, he talks about trying to win over the fans. He believes that fans of a football club fall into a few categories;"

The Warrior: Mild mannered throughout the week, but on match day he is a gladiator protecting his players. When the opposition commits a foul he is on his feet, shaking his fists and screaming abuse. With the courage of a dog on a leash, he wishes he could get at the culprit. He keeps up his this peacock display of aggression throughout the game.

The Heckler: Spends the entire 90 minutes slagging off one of his own team. Picks on the same player every week. When that player is missing it spoils his enjoyment until he finds someone else to abuse.

The Moaner: Isn't content with criticising one player and needs to shower his contempt on the whole team. 'Why do we pay to watch this rubbish?' is his favourite cry. Thinks it's very witty to add 'They should be paying us instead'. Likes to feel sorry for himself. Everything's unfair.

The TV Pundit: Spends too much time listening to Alan Hansen and wants to show everyone how well he understands the game. Complains loudly that no one is finding space or tracking back. Likes telling everyone if the team is playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. Can't understand why the stupid manager doesn't follow his advice.

Dad and Lad: One of the most heart-warming images of the game. Father gets a bit petulant when he can't concentrate on the game because he has to answer endless questions from his son about what is going on.

The Tribesman: All lads together using football as a form of tribal identity. An essential part of the footballing experience. Their songs and chants create the atmosphere and they're often more entertaining than the game. Sing as one and think as one. More supportive than all the categories put together, but sadly under threat from rising ticket prices. No wonder they long for the days of the terraces.

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 08:31:31 »

I am the Warrior
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 08:33:17 »

Tribesman Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 08:34:44 »

Tribesman.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 08:35:20 »

Tribesman (Away from home)

Warrior (At home)

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 08:53:11 »

Warrior (At home)

Ditto.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 09:09:10 »

tribesman
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 09:19:05 »

Tribesman.
Ron Burgundy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 09:21:07 »

70% TV Pundit
30% Moaner

"I'm kinda a big deal"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 09:25:30 »

Warrior (At home)

Me too, although they forgot one fan type. There's the type of fan who constantly takes the piss out of moaners. That's what I do at home.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 09:31:09 »

Dad and lad - well dad and daughter!!
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 09:33:56 »

I don't really like football.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 12:26:29 »

I am moaner/warrior/hecker/pundit/tribesman. Sadly my Dad knows bugger all about football so that rules out the other one.  Sad
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 13:17:23 »

A Warrior like TV Pundit who sits around Hecklers and Moaners.
Barry Scott

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 14:07:34 »

A Warrior like TV Pundit who sits around Hecklers and Moaners.

I think most of us sit around Hecklers and Moaners. God it can ruin a game that shit.

I think i'm closest to a Warrior, but i'm too quiet to really be a true warrior. I'm more like the warrior's cowardly, quietly raging, protégé.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: