Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28581 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 00:00:04 »

The Opponent:  Port Vale

Not nice out there tonight, keep safe one and all. Well I guess there is a good chance this one could be reading P – P come 3 O’clock, so I’ll keep it brief. Welcome to Jacob Murphy, I won’t be bitter if he is a bit cream crackered assuming he gets a run out today. Still reflecting on Wednesday night’s corker against Peterborough, the performance was pretty decent all things considered. It would be great if we could get some extra bums on seats for the 2nd leg, the London Road attendance really was a shocker to be honest, I’d like to think we could double that at least, perhaps similar numbers to a league game.

My last journey to Port Vale was a victorious one, I’m sure it was a rare Magera goal and performance that made me think he could have something about him, no doubt he is scoring 25 goals a season elsewhere now. I do remember the general area of Burslem being something of a dump with the local hardware shop being one of the few thriving businesses in the area, solely down to the amount of wood, screws and nails that the natives purchase to board up their homes. It reminded me very much of Margate Sea Front, just without the sea.  Port Vale is one of the few English league clubs not to be named after a city or town. The name Port Vale exists on maps pre–dating the formation of the club, which probably occurred in 1879, and is a reference to a valley of ports on the Trent and Mersey Canal, associated with the city's pottery industry. A fact nearly as dull as the area itself.

Weather or Not? – Guess this is fairly obvious, not that Port Vale have history for late call off’s eh? Heavy rain should be falling in the area as we speak and is expected on and off throughout the night. There should be a short let up in the morning but further heavy showers are forecast in the afternoon. A very strong wind, gusting up to 45mph will lead to temperatures dropping to 6 Celsius with a feel like temperature of a pleasant 0 degrees for most of the day. The heating in a transit and BBC Wiltshire is more appealing by the minute.

Where the opposition gather –  Everything sensible about football forums.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73672-Feature-Two-minute-guide-to-Swindon&p=2008882#post2008882

Last 6 – WWLLWL (9th on 39 points)

They have served us both –  Thomas Wylie, Jimmy Kelso, Billy Paynter, Morris Jones, Calvin Andrew, Alex Smith, Joe Holyhead, Ken Beamish, Sam Collins, Paul Edwards, Wayne Gray,  Louis Page, Ralph Hunt, Roy Pritchard

The Odds  - Port Vale 13/8  Draw 5/2  Swindon 7/4   Seems Michael Smith’s recent goal scoring hasn’t gone unnoticed with the bookies who have him at 11/2 to score the first goal, generally the same price as Vale’s Tom Pope.

The Son Says – I say Port Vale to him and he mentions Simon Ferry’s pants more often than not. He also says we will win 2-0.

The Prediction – We are heading to The Potteries to win, 2-1, Smith and N’Guessan on target in front of a crowd of 5555 with 355 making the journey, if its on.

And Finally –  Interestingly, Port Vale enjoyed the best away support in proportion to home support in the Football League in the 2012–13 season.

COYR COYR COYR
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 00:13:27 »

You forgot kaid prophet mohammed
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 00:35:39 »

Back down to standard league away performances. 1-0 Vale

4-6-0

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 00:37:02 »

1-3. Att: 5565. 422 town
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 04:53:57 »

Haha. Rosso you're such a pooper.  Apart from a shower about an hour ago, it is absolutely bone dry around here. Heavy rain is forecast for the morning, with brighter spells during the afternoon. I don't foresee a good result, with just 280 Town fans, yet it will enable Yaser to serve his term and play in the JPT second leg.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 06:32:01 »

1-1 350 town fans in attendance.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 07:19:30 »

2 all
5987 att 388 hardy town making the trip
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 07:27:01 »

We showed on Wednesday that we can scrap and get something away from home on a crap pitch and if we show similar commitment today then I can see an unexpected 3-1 win Smith,Ranger and Gladwin
Dozno9

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 08:16:32 »

We shall win 2-1.

I went a few years ago, decided on the morning and we were shit and lost and that's put me off going ever again.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 08:23:41 »

I'm going so we will lose 2-0
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 08:49:05 »

Is Troy back ?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 09:19:45 »

2-0 defeat I feel. 4312 with 297 from us

#VivaKenBarlow!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 09:31:26 »

I'm not going ..... Never fancied going back there....DIY jobs today.

A draw would be nice.....1:1

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 09:54:14 »

I think we will now see a complete reversal of fortunes-crap at home,dogged away.One nil Town with Niles scoring.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 09:57:21 »

im going so 2nil win i say
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: