Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28699 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:19:56 »

Swindon players of yore...Don't remember much about Andy Rollings but the second reference is surely Chalky rhyming slang for Nicky Tanner

Don't remember ever witnessing him. How many apps did he make? Wasn't his mum Molly Tanner, whose dance school pimped the original Robinettes to the club? Or am I making that up?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:43:45 »

Don't remember ever witnessing him. How many apps did he make? Wasn't his mum Molly Tanner, whose dance school pimped the original Robinettes to the club? Or am I making that up?

Think you made that one up, although I suppose that nugget of info may have passed me by.

Tanner was essentially a short term answer to the Fridge being out for a while in 90-91, after he got clogged by Steve Bull. Tanner was a Gashead, who somewhat bizarrely Dalglish took a punt on in the late 80's, so we took him on loan from the Scousers, and he filled the gap before Ossie signed Nestor Lorenzo.

I don't recall him as being anything other than average....certainly not completely terrible, and he went on to play 59 games for the Scousers up til 94
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:36:11 »

Macclesfield are selling dvds of the full match Hmmm...

I just had a look on their website, it's out of stock. It's hard to believe they've sold that many already.

Reading this, they are another club who need some investment....

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-131113-1171645.aspx

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 17:28:26 »

I see instead of a refund, you get a free ticket for the Stevenage JPT game...
kerry red

« Reply #274 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 17:32:38 »

Or, if they don't like you, 2 tickets
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 17:52:00 »

£15 to watch us play Stevenage in the JPT   
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:13:34 »

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of a refund anyway but:

Why did the Club offer free tickets to another game instead of refunding the cost of a Macclesfield ticket?

The club are not able to issue refunds from the Macclesfield match due to the fact that STFC did not have control of the sale of tickets at Macclesfield and have no record of the away ticket sales information.

Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/statementmacclesfieldtickets-1190557.aspx#g2MOz984IJJ8He9r.99

WTF? I thought it was coming out the players and staff pockets.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10800968.Players_and_coaching_staff_to_personally_refund_fans/?action=complain&cid=12158811
MARK Cooper has confirmed that Swindon Town's players and coaching staff will personally refund the 305 fans who traveled to Macclesfield on Saturday.

And how are they checking whether someone can get a free ticket..oh yeah, with the Macclesfield ticket. Wonder why that doesn't work with cash ..
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:15:55 »

PR stunt at the time, nothing more.

I just can't get my head around the fact we are charging £15 for a Johnstone’s Paint Trophy match against Stevenage Borough. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:16:34 »

£15 doesn't sound outrageous to me to be honest.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:22:10 »

Wembley final aside, for a JPT clash it's unheard of. At any club.

Sell them cheap, pile them in for the paint pot. Like we did against Barnet in 2012.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:23:48 »

PR stunt at the time, nothing more.

I just can't get my head around the fact we are charging £15 for a Johnstone’s Paint Trophy match against Stevenage Borough.  
Agreed,there was no way the players and coaching staff would chip in £5000 so it was a totally pointless gesture
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:31:27 »

Wembley final aside, for a JPT clash it's unheard of. At any club.

Sell them cheap, pile them in for the paint pot. Like we did against Barnet in 2012.

Someone's got to pay for them 'free' tickets Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:36:00 »

I actually think the club's 'excuse' that they weren't in control of the ticket sales in the first place is reasonable. And It's possible the 'loss' giving out free tickets means will be taken by Jed out of their wages.

On the other hand, the board are obviously pocketing the money to help build their giant doom laser.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:38:18 »

I'm happy with this outcome, was going to Stevenage anyway and now I don't have to pay (in a way).

#VivaKenBarlow!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 18:50:30 »

I'm happy with this outcome, was going to Stevenage anyway and now I don't have to pay (in a way).
One of the comments on the adver site made me laugh. Someone complaining that he can't get to the Stevenage game and the reason he went to Macclesfield was it was close for him! Don't think the gesture was aimed at people who fucking live near Macclesfield!

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: