Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18083 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 00:00:08 »

The Opponent:  Brentford

Happy Christmas to every member of The TEF, I hope you have all had a fantastic day in whichever way you have chosen to enjoy it, for me personally its been a nice simple one with a few beers, family and friends, a rather nice bit of gammon and chicken and finally being force fed the plight of David Platt and Roy Cropper. It seems the ticketing arrangements for today’s game have been changed so we can now pay on the gate, not sure this will have a significant effect on the attendance but best wishes to all of those making the journey today. Its fair to say a win in the London Borough of Hounslow today would be massive. I’m sure last season’s play off disaster may be on the minds of a couple of players but a majority of our 1st team is made up of players that have only been with us since the summer and they have nothing to fear at Griffin Park.

Brentford’s plan to move to a new community stadium took a massive step forward, back in June 2012, when the club, via Matthew Benham, purchased the 7.6 acre site in Lionel Road South, Brentford, from Barratt Homes who had originally acquired the site in January 2008. The club is planning to build a 20,000-spectator capacity stadium on the land. Along with outline planning permission for a Hotel and Apartment buildings, on unused land surrounding the site, to help fund the project, as well as applying for outline planning permission for Griffin Park which will also be sold to developers as to fund the Lionel Road South project. It will be interesting to see how near they are to getting anywhere near 20’000 in this stadium, although some of the faces that may pop along to watch the Bees in action include massive nobody, Dean Gaffney, Status Quo bassist John ‘Rhino’ Edwards, The Who guitarist Pete Townshend, and Yes keyboard player Rick Wakeman. With Gaffney taking lead vocals this could be an interesting musical line up.

Where the opposition gather –  Another one of those sites that pre registration is required.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/forum.php

http://www.brentford.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=2

Last 6 – WDWWWW (3rd on 43 points) Just the 9 wins in their last 10 league outings.

They have served us both –  John Buttigieg, Alan Connell, Alan McCormack, Deon Burton, John Bostock, Jonathan Dougla$, Lionel Piggin, Nigel Gray, Chris Kamara, Percy Whipp. Junior Lewis, Richard Key, Harry Morris, Matt Heywood, Mark McCammon,  Nathan Byrne, Jimmy Glass.

The Odds -  Brentford 10/11  Draw 5/2  Swindon 3/1  Clayton Donaldson seems to enjoy scoring against us and his odds on scoring the 1st goal are as short as 4/1, the shortest price Town player is Dany N’Guessan at 7/1. Nile Ranger is a decent 8/1 with some outlets.

The Son Says –  After wearily raising his head from his new iPad Air he has gone for a 2-1 away win.

The Prediction – Records are there to be dismantled and that is exactly what we will do this lunch time. I feel a dismantling is on the way, 4-1 Swindon with goals from Pritchard (2), Luongo and Ranger. A crowd of 6’212 with 789 from Swindon.

And Finally – R.I.P former Brentford and Crystal Palace chairman and manager Ron Noades who passed away a couple of days back.

COYR COYR COYR
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 00:10:44 »

Nice late evening read bud.

I personally think we will scrape a draw 1-1 with trotta and ranger scoring.
Aw we have already sold 900 tickets as of 3pm on Monday and tickets r now available on the gate I think we will be looking at 1200 away fans.

Hope it's trouble free this time and see u all in the griffin.
Coyr
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 00:17:13 »

As Ranger has written off his motor again today lets hope his mind is on the game.
Cant remember what GPs capacity is but reckon wont be far off a sellout for them
Lets say 10478 with 1245 from town. Feel a 2.1 win for us.
See you all in the Griffin or whatever boozer is open first.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 00:29:09 »

0-0 happy Xmas rosco
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 00:50:03 »

Draw....I'm going....

Clems Army!
nochee

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 01:43:14 »

2-0 defeat. I'm going too
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 01:53:34 »

3-0 win, I'm going...see you there! p.s - we owe this lot after last season, wonder if there fans will give it large like they did on the pitch after that PO defeat, wankers!

#VivaKenBarlow!
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 07:38:31 »

Hope to get finished work in time to catch the match on player,that's if player behaves itself! 2-2 draw with Ranger and Barthram on target
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 08:10:33 »

Not forgetting Hard Fi, purveyors of the finest debut album of the noughties.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 08:59:53 »

just leaving-YOU BLUES!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 09:40:09 »

Any parking tips for Brentford ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 09:43:58 »

From the other thread:

Link

The other advice I had was to park in Chiswick, where there are proper car parks, and get the bus in from there.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 09:54:36 »

My wife has banned me from going. We've got her sister, husband and kids around all day. He's a yiddo. His sons are but I'm trying to convert them to Town. Was going to take them to Brentford as a surprise but not allowed.
I can see us getting a bit of a spanking here but hope I'm wrong. 4-0 Brentford. Anything from this is a bonus
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 10:14:49 »

Let's not forget Robert Rankin in Brentford's list of favoured sons either, fantasy/sci-fi/steampunk humour book writer extraordinaire.

Feeling confidently corpulent today, 3-1 Town. Christmas goal from a gust-assisted goal kick for Wes, another for Kasim the Locomotive, and one from What's the Storey in Balamory as well.

Will Ranger have behaved and will he be playing? THAT IS THE QUESTION!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 10:23:35 »

1-0 bees

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: