Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT Second Round - Oxford United Away  (Read 65586 times)
Amir

« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 12:01:13 »

What's this Banbury of which they speak?

Eric took his tiddlywinks team for a game against the duke of Banbury and friends. Our side won, however, Oxford claimed this was because some of their best players had already gone home(their tea was ready).

They got their revenge in a game of hide and seek in London. Rumour has it they didn't count all the way to one hundred, and as such the result is also disputed.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 12:04:24 »

They got their revenge in a game of hide and seek in London. Rumour has it they didn't count all the way to one hundred, and as such the result is also disputed.

Can Pox fans count to 100?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Amir

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 12:04:41 »

He seems to have named himself 'Eric Read' on the forum to remind him on a daily basis that Eric Read was the ref in the game at the CG in 1982 with the smoke bombs.

Nice to have a chip on your shoulder about a referee for over 33 years...

Strange choice eh? I might call myself John McGinley so I can seethe with rage whenever I log on.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 12:06:49 »

Strange choice eh? I might call myself John McGinley so I can seethe with rage whenever I log on.

Or the list of dodgy refs we had. Take your pick from Lester Shapter, Allan Gunn, Kelvin Morton, or any dodgy refs from the last 20 years.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 12:17:15 »

What an arsehole he was!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 12:35:51 »

He seems to have named himself 'Eric Read' on the forum to remind him on a daily basis that Eric Read was the ref in the game at the CG in 1982 with the smoke bombs.

Nice to have a chip on your shoulder about a referee for over 33 years...

That's dedication.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 13:54:56 »

Thank God they can't read that FaceBook group... it's almost as embarrassing as that.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 14:12:02 »

That's dedication.

No, it's sad.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 14:15:48 »

No, it's sad.

Cheesy

Roaming the land while you sleep..
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 16:25:39 »

Pox announce their ticket details/prices for game

http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/oxford-united-swindon-town-tickets-2678385.aspx

Nothing our end yet
Skinny Pete

« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 16:30:01 »

Got 1,206 then.

Fuck 'em!
EldeneRed

« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 18:35:50 »

The only Oxford fans I know are a couple of (actually) mentally disabled people, a woman I got on quite well with until a relative informed I was Swindon born and bred, and an ex colleague I got on REALLY well with who was right arsey with me today.

It's like they all hit their collective piss stained rag when fixture time comes around.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 19:51:49 »

I went to the manor once, crap ground, crap atmosphere, and no threat felt at all.  We won 1-0.

I know three brothers who are Oxford fans, and they are very decent lads.

I loved going to the Manor. Comedy ground for the most part, but with proper home and away ends. The squeeze along the path behind the away terrace was usually 'fun', and I quite enjoyed the sense of threat before and after matches - not that I would ever want to get involved in any violence.

I was on a stag do with an Oxford fan a couple of years ago. He was a decent bloke - a normal lower league (and non league) footy fan who supported his local team, enjoying the good times and willfully suffering the bad times.
EldeneRed

« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 19:59:59 »

I loved going to the Manor. Comedy ground for the most part

And the Kassam ISN'T a comedy ground?

Was wearing my Town shirt to the Southbrook pub for an after-game meal. Started chatting with a guy, apparently he was a teacher for one of the culprits of the pitch burning that happened all those years back; when he said he taught the guy that did it there was genuine pride in his voice.

Aside from the twattery that happens, this fixture can be quite memorable in terms of well meant mischief.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 20:09:02 »

The banter has started at work with a few Pox I work with.
Their hatred of us has always remained constant however ours has always been confused with that of Bristol and Oxford.
Only one rival as far as I'm concerned.
Mind you as has already been mentioned away following from both sets of fans during the later 70's and 80's was very poor probably due to the trouble.
I have not missed a derby game since 1975 and most pass with little trouble, sadly always a few from both clubs acting like pricks.
4 games without a win is far too long however having only witnessed the scum winning once on home soil I can live with that.
Forever in our shadow. Mind you we have had some cracking games with them over the years and used to enjoy going to the Manor. The Kassam is awful, dull, and everything I detest about new built grounds. Sadly for our friends most of them agree.

I detest the JPT however as its against Oxford I can't give it a miss although the thought of losing still has an effect as any game against them matters in my opinion. I can't see both teams fielding weak teams either and it's a game both clubs could probably do without.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: