Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4,600  (Read 7768 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 14:23:29 »

Nate dog. Arsenal have been watching him for donkey's.

Wenger has someone watching every player on the planet, most extensive scouting network in existence apparently.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 14:24:29 »

Under 24... And sure to be offered one anyway.

Stop letting the facts get in the way of the misery!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 14:31:31 »

Am I the only one slightly baffled by Reg's crashing segue from season ticket sales to potentially saleable players?

I'd imagine so, Reg being negative is easier to predict than rain.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 14:37:34 »

Am I the only one slightly baffled by Reg's crashing segue from season ticket sales to potentially saleable players?

KR hinting that the ST money is being used by the Board to fund the £1.2 mill required to cover the FL guarantee. Reeves suggests it might not be so much...ergo the Board will need a sale (like the Ritchie sale) to make ends meet.

Unfortunately we're not in a position of strength...as shown by all clubs being notified a while back that all players were for sale, and not having any one player besides Wes who's likely to attract a decent fee.

If as DoB suggests the present Board are looking to cut and run...we could be in for another brush with insolvency.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 14:39:57 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 14:43:02 »

KR hinting that the ST money is being used by the Board to fund the £1.2 mill required to cover the FL guarantee. Reeves suggests it might not be so much...ergo the Board will need a sale (like the Ritchie sale) to make ends meet.

Unfortunately we're not in a position of strength...as shown by all clubs being notified a while back that all players were for sale, and not having any one player besides Wes who's likely to attract a decent fee.

If as DoB suggests the present Board are looking to cut and run...we could be in for another brush with insolvency.

Oh fuck not again. Doomed, we're doomed!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 15:17:44 »

Oh fuck not again. Doomed, we're doomed!

As a  Clap would you care to paint an alternative picture of events of the last couple of months , and the immediate future. I'd be more than happy to take a positive view...it's just aside from being grateful that an immediate descent into Administration was avoided I can't see one.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 15:37:58 »

I really fucking hate the phrase "happy clapper". It was bad enough when people used it to describe those who didn't want to "rock the boat" under Diamandis.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 18:39:20 »

Fuck me Reg, have you contracted some terminal illness that you're not telling anyone about?

Explain how a club that a few weeks ago had no significant outstanding liabilities is suddenly haunted by the threat of insolvency.

I'm aware that our income doesn't cover our outgoings, but that puts us in the same boat as all but a handful of clubs in from League 1 upwards. Most of those also have historic debt.

And the season ticket money = the money vested to satisfy the League requirements rumour that someone's plucked out of their arse sounds like the biggest load of cobblers I've heard since the last load of old cobblers based on fuck all evidence that was posted on here.

..never go back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 18:53:58 »

A few weeks ago we were told, the club was close to Administration and a player had to be sold to see us through to April.

We've heard nothing from the Board about future funding...and been told by a normally reliable source, they're looking to get out already. Why?  
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 19:03:06 »

Unfortunately, I'm with Reg. All town fans should keep a lot of room in their hearts for pessimism.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 19:05:06 »

Unfortunately, I'm with Reg. All town fans should keep a lot of room in their hearts for pessimism.
Or all out negativity. It's the future!

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 19:07:38 »

Or all out negativity. It's the future!

Future, that's a bit optimistic.

Joking aside, the spidey sense is still tingling on this one. Could be early arthritis I suppose.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 19:24:34 »

I wouldn't say I'm with Reg, but let's just say I have not dismissed his posts as easily since the new lot came in.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 20:10:38 »

I really fucking hate the phrase "happy clapper".

Likewise Sonic. Was expecting no less though. Think it's simply used by some to lazily describe those who actually have a bit of hope. I'm sure there's much worse to be used for anyone who dares to be positive.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 20:15:30 »

As a  Clap would you care to paint an alternative picture of events of the last couple of months , and the immediate future. I'd be more than happy to take a positive view...it's just aside from being grateful that an immediate descent into Administration was avoided I can't see one.

Not really Reg (think Lumps has had a reasonable go FWIW). I just don't see why you have to continually be such a prophet of doom. I'm sure the feeling is mutual but thank god I haven't got to live with you. If your (half) empty glass philosophy carries through to the rest of your life I'd be suicidal within hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: