Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Hockaday  (Read 1283 times)
animalwilliams

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 09:21:20 »

Surprised to see that Forest Green Rovers are unbeaten this season and top of the Conference. Glad that one of our former players is doing such a great job with a relatively small budget to work with. Could be a target for several League clubs this season.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 09:22:39 »

Haven't they got a bit of a sugardaddy funding them?

Could not imgaine them in the FL at all. Who would watch them?

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 09:23:05 »

Was on the shortlist either when Paolo was appointed or before I believe. Good luck to the guy, wouldn't surprise me to see him here in time.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 09:25:46 »

Haven't they got a bit of a sugardaddy funding them?

Could not imgaine them in the FL at all. Who would watch them?

If Paolo is still the manager here the pauld could pop along?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:22:13 »

Dave's always popping into where I work, always have a good chat with him, nice down to earth bloke who is proper passionate about management, however I think most of this success is all down to the funding rather than his managerial skills, as a vast majority of FGR fans wanted Dave out before before the money came along.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:23:17 »

If Paolo is still the manager here the pauld could pop along?
Ha ha. I did actually last season - took my youngest when they played Southport (my home town). We sat in the away end, it was quite odd. Put it this way, pnethor is not alone. It was quite a decent game though and my lad enjoyed it so made for a nice afternoon out. If a little odd. Forest Green lost 3-2, but played some reasonably tidy stuff and could have nicked a draw at the death

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:24:20 »

The fella started the cirencester football academy, was instrumental in getting watfords youth set up to where it is now too. He's worked his way up well
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:32:06 »

Hocks is a nice bloke and looks like becoming a good manager, he has spent virtually nothing on transfer fees and picked up lots of freebies along the way.

Got them to a 10th place last season and flying so far this season, doing well on crowds of well under 1,000 week in week out.

Dale Vince the chairman has some wierd views like banning meat products from the ground but seems to be making FGR into a viable team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: