Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon V Millwall Matchday Thread.  (Read 27441 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #285 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:21:27 »

When Nalis passed the ball to JPM the ball bounced first and then went over his head, he made no attempt to go for the ball when he could quite easily, however his lack of enthusiam was replicated all over the pitch today.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #286 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:34:06 »

No, I just dont think its right to boo every touch and everything they do and chant for the managers head during the game.

Wait till the game is over for that stuff.

I only clapped Jack Smith off today because he was the only one who deserved it.

DV, I think the reasons the fans are like they are ( and have always been and will always be ) is because the players are not giving their all. Some are hiding. They are short changing the fans.  In short, they are cheating fans out of their well earned money. If they gave 100% then the fans would be behind them, win or lose. Why is it Aljofree and JPM getting the stick - because they are experienced pros on a good wack who are not delivering and don't seem to care less whether they do or not. Nalis was crap but he never hid. Why are Malaps and the coaching staff getting stick. Well the only player who appears to have progressed is Paynter. All the others including 2 gibbering wrecks of keepers have gone backwards. We're 2-1 down at home with a couple of minutes to play and we keep 2 back from one of our corners. Why do we keep Macnamee back at corners. Basic simple things the fans have a right to have a go at. 
Malaps is a gonner - its just a matter of time. In this time the fans voices will get louder and more vociferous until he goes.
Could anyone actually put forward a cpohesive defence of Malpas other than we're only 8 matches in.
I won't boo him or the players but they have regally and royally fucked me off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:36:49 »

I think that's an extremely good and well-argued post chalkies_shorts. All the arguments in a nutshell.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #288 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:39:18 »

Agree chalkie
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:40:46 »

Was a turd of an afternoon really.Such a lack of confidence in the team at the moment,none of them seemed to want the ball,not good when your football players.

I do feel for Malpas as he is a decent bloke,but as the manager the buck stops with him so he will get the blame for our poor run of home form.Still can't help but think its only October so reckon Fitton will give him another month.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:41:07 »

Perhaps if we didnt boo them and get on their back so quick the players wouldnt hide?

Im sure different players have different mind sets but do the players playing well get the team going or does good support get the players going.

dell boy

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:44:04 »

I haven't got time to look through all the posts, I've only just got home after a horrendous journey.

I feel totally deflated about today, against Leeds I put it down to defensive errors, today it was about the lack of passion in the crowd and on the pitch.

I did not join in with the Maplas out chants, but unfortunately I think they are right, it seems he cant inspire the players, their body language told the story right from the start, we need to sort something out immediately or we are in for a very hard season.

Jack Smith took a battering today in more ways than one, he always seemed to be on the end of a late challenge and defensively he was not great, but I will say this for the guy he played with pride in his shirt, there are not many who can say that today.

Morrison was a steady eddy and cant fault the lad for his commitment, where we are going to continue to suffer against opposition this season is our midfield, well what midfield, they are slow, they do not close down, and they have no idea in there defensive or offensive duties it is quite honestly pathetic to watch.

Cox and Paynter didnt have the best of games but I cant blame them with the service they received.

What started so well pre-season and against Tranmere first game has turned into a farce, leadership comes from the top, and you have to say it is not happeneing, if we dont make changes soon then we could be in big trouble, I think Malpas has to get a result against Hartlepool or he could be a gonner.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:51:48 »

Perhaps if we didnt boo them and get on their back so quick the players wouldnt hide?

Im sure different players have different mind sets but do the players playing well get the team going or does good support get the players going.

So the argument boils down to who is responsible. Professionals who are paid well to play or fans who often scrimp and save to pay to get in. That disregards the earache for those married. So professional people will only play well when the crowd get behind them. Sounds like a cushy number to me - absolves them of any responsibility doesn't it and you get to draw a good wage as well. Where do I sign up? Doesn't sound like I actually have to be "professional" as its all the nasty crowds fault if i can't do my job properly. Also absolves the manager from having to motivate me.
Wow, we should all be professional footballers.   

Marston Red

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:52:28 »

I don't normally post, but after today's abject performance I had to vent my anger at something; and the wife won't let me do it at her.

I'm normally pretty positive and I have always wanted Malpas to succeed as we've had too many managers in recent times but there does come a time when enough is enough and you have to cut your losses.  I think this could well be that time.

It's difficult to know where to start. Similar to the Leeds game we appeared to be the away team and seemed to be playing on the counter attack.  Why do we persist in bringing everyone back for a corner/free kick.  Hasn't Malpas and co worked out that if (and that's a big if) we clear it, it's going to come straight back at you.  Leeds always left at least one player up as did Millwall.  Back in the 90's Wimbledon used to leave 4 up on the basis that the opposition would then keep 5 back.

Defensively we are a shambles and don't seem to have any confidence.  Smith showed his lack of pace for the opener and Aljofree gave his man all the time in the world to turn and score.  I was waiting for him to then go down injured or blame someone else.  Morrison looks pretty composed and Amankwaah could be ok as long as he doesn't take throw ins.

Midfield wise we don't seem to have any spark going forwards - we never seem to get men in the box and they don't seem to protect the back 4 much either.  Millwall were quicker to every second ball and passed the ball around crisply and with confidence.  Is it just me or does every team seem fitter than us...I thought Morrison was supposed to be our fitness coach, but we seem out of condition to me.

As for Paynter and Cox they both seemed to do their best work in our half, usually when defending.  Either that or they are just chasing hoof balls.  They don't get any service whatsoever.

Finally, that leaves us with Malpas and his tactics.  Against Leeds they were poor and they weren't good today either against an average Millwall side.  I can't recollect us having a shot in the first half and if I was a Millwall fan I'd have felt pretty confident of all 3 points.  I just don't understand how you can be losing and then only bring on the sub striker with 2 minutes to go - not that bringing Peacock made me think we were going to get that goal from nowhere.

I don't mind us losing (I fully expected us to come 10th to 12th this season so we're going to lose a few) its the manner in how you lose that counts.  I don't think any player could have come off today and honestly said they gave their all.  If they do think that then we are in for a long fight against relegation.

So, I say its time to bring in a new manager who can hopefully motivate the players.

dell boy

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:55:52 »

I agree Marston, it is pretty much what I said earlier.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:09:29 »

Im with DV on this one....
It was embarrasing this afternoon to be among some of the mongs in the town end. People i sit with walked out as soon as the chants started up.

I agree with everyone else, yes malpas is at fault.... but what have the players got to play for? Most dont respect their manager and in all honesty why should they respect and perform for the majority of fans after todays response.... would you? So they go out, they play the game, they pick up their wage.

I give over my hard earned money to SUPPORT the team... if i think they're shit id just stop going and get mad at the radio instead in the comfort of my own home.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:12:34 »

On the bright side Miss Angry... have you ever noticed how much Liverpool's Martin Skrtel looks like Michael Schofield?

[url width=327 height=500]http://z.about.com/d/worldsoccer/1/0/p/4/-/-/martin-skrtel.jpg[/url]

So it doesn't matter anymore that W.Miller is probably gay.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:22:39 »

He looks nothing like him! he looks like skeletor with skin!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:34:40 »

J smith was wank
Nalis was wank
Amankwaah was wank
Mcgovern was good one minute, wank the next
Our defence is utterly wank. At one stage in the first half two millwall players got into our area with not one member of the defence noticing.
Our fans are wank. How does booing help anybody? Especially a young lad like morrison. Hes already having a baptism of fire, booing him every time a clearance doesnt reach a red shirt is stupid.
Malpas' tactics were wank. Why the hell did he only bring on one striker, and sooooo late in the game. grrrrrrrrrrrr that was just so shite it was untrue

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:36:50 »

Although no reflection on our performance Millwall have won the last 5 and are un beaten in 7.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: