Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The squad  (Read 2810 times)
jim

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 15:36:03 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "jim"
Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I don't care what jim says, I still think it's Thorpe anyway and for the record I wouldn't be surprised if it was Roberts either. Regardless, I still don't think Roberts is pulling his weight and if he was to leave, I honestly can't see us getting a fee for him - even a pitiful amount like £20k.

Please yourself - I know what I know.

I'll say to you what my old Dad often said to me....

"You're not often right, son, but you're wrong again"

How exactly do you know then?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

Wait a minute!  That's a good idea anyway.  Your life is falling apart, what with the drinking, the shyness around women, the scoreboard antics.  It may be the kindest thing to do
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 15:39:06 »

Shocked  :x  Crying

Make it quick.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 16:19:51 »

That squad looks alright....HOWEVER!!

We have few central midfielders....but if we split them up into....defensive/attacking would our squad still look as evenly balanced?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 16:34:25 »

Good post Dazzza, don't think Thorpe and Cureton are on particularly high wages though, both took big cuts to come here. Probably about the same as Roberts.
red macca

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 17:17:50 »

the only problem with getting rid of cureton&thorpe is they are liable to get injured easily..so in a way i think they could both be cover for eachother in the long run i still think imo cureton will come good....but then  what the fuck do i know
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 22:26:07 »

Fuck off and leave Roberts alone.  He's my favourite player.  We've already lost Parkin, we're not losing Roberts.  King has dug himself a hole by suggesting a player refused to play in the reserves but not naming him - he should have kept schtum, as undoubtedly Sir Alex would have done in such a situation.

Roberts is a fantastic player who makes things happen when he's on song - something only Miglioranzi and potenially Whalley/Summerbee if up to their old tricks can do.  With Migs always injured and Whalley/Summerbee yet to prove themselves, losing Roberts could see us lose that exciting creative spark.

I generally feel people get the wrong impression of Roberts, as he seems a willing worker and is played out of position despite King saying he wouldn't and being one of the main reasons Roberts left Ashton Gate.  So fuck off and leave him alone.  Get on Dukes back ffs.   :x
Piemonte

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 18, 2005, 11:20:45 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Fuck off and leave Roberts alone.  He's my favourite player.  We've already lost Parkin, we're not losing Roberts.  King has dug himself a hole by suggesting a player refused to play in the reserves but not naming him - he should have kept schtum, as undoubtedly Sir Alex would have done in such a situation.

Roberts is a fantastic player who makes things happen when he's on song - something only Miglioranzi and potenially Whalley/Summerbee if up to their old tricks can do.  With Migs always injured and Whalley/Summerbee yet to prove themselves, losing Roberts could see us lose that exciting creative spark.

I generally feel people get the wrong impression of Roberts, as he seems a willing worker and is played out of position despite King saying he wouldn't and being one of the main reasons Roberts left Ashton Gate.  So fuck off and leave him alone.  Get on Dukes back ffs.   :x

Key phase there Walrus "when hes on song" Hes had 3 or 4 good games for us. I like him as a player, but he needs to show more before we all start sucking him off to the extent that you are.
I 8 Razor

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 18, 2005, 13:38:48 »

walrus has a point, so far he looks like one of our best players he's exciting on the ball and makes stuff happen i love the idea of shakes on the right and roberts and fallon up front.

roberts came on and delivered the only decent corner we had V's forest and we scored, he also made it more comfortable when we were one goal to the good and set up a glorious chance to finish it off. Dodgy attitude 'n all, i think he's worth holding on to at this moment.
Spud

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 18, 2005, 13:43:31 »

Roberts was the best player Vs Oldham and when he came off the bench against Forest he looked extremely dangerous, id start him against Blackpool. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: