Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Gillingham FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35217 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 18:45:50 »

As a long time reader, very new contributor, my opinion means nothing - but I liked arriba.

Yes it does...everybody's opinion means alot.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 19:53:28 »

Hoddle  had about three hours to pick the shot in comparison.

Or, at least, it seemed that way.  Other players ran through treacle when Hoddle had the ball.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:04:27 »

That goal remains my all time #1 goal.  (I wasn't there for the Fallon overhead kick.)  Remember quite literally struggling for breath after it went in.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:18:01 »

Some of you oldies will have to help me out: My Dad says his all time favourite was someone scoring an absolute pile driver vs Everton in the cup?

Ring any bells?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:20:45 »

Mr Kenny Stroud...was in the Townend and saw it fly in.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:22:59 »

Speaking of the cup...FA Cup 1st Round draw this sunday! Love a good cup draw I do

#VivaKenBarlow!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:30:56 »

Cheers leefer.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:39:57 »

Mr Kenny Stroud...was in the Townend and saw it fly in.

Ha ha you old fucker - I was also in the Townend and got crushed....they stuck me on the side of the North Stand.....with my green parker.........Remember that so well. My Brother at the time was a Reading fan and came to the game, ever since he has had a season ticket at the CG.
This week is his 50th Birthday Party at the Club..........

Where did all the time go Mate.

PS - Andy King was also playing for Everton that day.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:56:29 »

Or, at least, it seemed that way.  Other players ran through treacle when Hoddle had the ball.

Yes, he did indeed have ages (to pick his spot from 30 yards and pop it in the top corner with his wrong foot....) genius creates time and space in a way which ensures we remember it so vividly 20 odd years later.  The treacle analogy is spot on: Hoddle made time stand still.

Incidentally, I've just rewatched that goal as I was searching for Glenda's England debut goal v Bulgaria....which I was reminded of by Jonathan Smith's beaut the other night.

And I do remember the 8 year old strop I had as I couldn't go to that Everton game, and then listening to the replay...weren't we winning until lateish on before losing?

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:59:11 »

Arriba slagged them right off before he quit the forum.

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,45015.0.html
My intention wasn't to post but i can't have this bollocks in my absence.

Who is them then? Richie is mentioned above and he wasn't playing centre mid so that's him out for a start. It was our centre midfield area which at the time was a problem imo.
What i had to say in august has fuck all to do with what idiots have to say now slaggin off players when the team has settled and much better. I don't share their view.
Ridiculous to put my name into a debate about here and now and drag up a 2 month old thread.(i stand by what i said by the way)
No-one more happy then me that things have got better.

Also want to clear up the why i left bollocks that was debated on here for a bit. I wanted to leave for a few reasons, it wasn't attention seeking,in a huff,too sensitive,clique(there i've said it again Wink  )bollocks some posted.
I couldn't win.if i said goodbye i would have been accused of attention seeking,but my reason for deleting was to stop the temptation to post,nothing more.

I don't intend on posting for a while but am going to keep my account open as in hindsight i should have just stopped posting and left it at that.

Thanks to all those who had kind words to say about me by the way.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:02:17 by arriba » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:03:12 »

Hello old chap
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:10:37 »

My intention wasn't to post but i can't have this bollocks in my absence.

Who is them then? Richie is mentioned above and he wasn't playing centre mid so that's him out for a start. It was our centre midfield area which at the time was a problem imo.
What i had to say in august has fuck all to do with what idiots have to say now slaggin off players when the team has settled and much better. I don't share their view.
Ridiculous to put my name into a debate about here and now and drag up a 2 month old thread.(i stand by what i said by the way)
No-one more happy then me that things have got better.

Also want to clear up the why i left bollocks that was debated on here for a bit. I wanted to leave for a few reasons, it wasn't attention seeking,in a huff,too sensitive,clique(there i've said it again Wink  )bollocks some posted.
I couldn't win.if i said goodbye i would have been accused of attention seeking,but my reason for deleting was to stop the temptation to post,nothing more.

I don't intend on posting for a while but am going to keep my account open as in hindsight i should have just stopped posting and left it at that.

Thanks to all those who had kind words to say about me by the way.

Cheesy.......you dont need to explain yourself arriba,hope you are back on soon.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:12:30 »

Ha ha you old fucker - I was also in the Townend and got crushed....they stuck me on the side of the North Stand.....with my green parker.........Remember that so well. My Brother at the time was a Reading fan and came to the game, ever since he has had a season ticket at the CG.
This week is his 50th Birthday Party at the Club..........

Where did all the time go Mate.

PS - Andy King was also playing for Everton that day.

Went to the replay as well...1-0 up with six to go,lost 2-1........nothing much changes.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:13:48 »

I was actually thinking ffs don't shout Stroud, I've been wrong about everything STFC ever since, what a goal and what a curse that goal was. Still behind charlie henry though.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 21:15:10 »

Oh yeah welcome back Arriba you old Meldrew you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: