Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet away  (Read 14973 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 22:42:11 »

They could ask Cheltenham to lend them some straw, although it didn't work for them.

I forgot to add, certainly where I am which is the same distance south from central london  that wembley is north, we still have 2 inches of snow on top of the frozen ground.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 22:54:35 »

I'm sure if our game is off there will be plenty of others off too so hopefully it won't mean to much change to league positions. With Crawley coming to us next Tuesday night I won't be that gutted if it is off Saturday.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 23:00:20 »

It might not be the best time to play Barnet, after Tuesday's win. They're bound to be out for revenge so a postponement might be a blessing in disguise.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 23:13:02 »

I'm sure if our game is off there will be plenty of others off too so hopefully it won't mean to much change to league positions. With Crawley coming to us next Tuesday night I won't be that gutted if it is off Saturday.

I will. I had an 18 hour pass for lots of beer related shenanigans.
Barnetrob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 11:53:32 »

If the game is on and you are getting the train, I would suggest you get the overground from wither Kings X or Finsbury Park, as the Northern line is not working between Camden - High Barnet.

Good luck at Wembley, by far the best team we have played, and fully deserved in beating us over the 2 games.

I think i will give Saturday a swerve if its on, as cannot listen to you lot sing about Wembley for 90 mins!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 12:30:41 »

If the game is on and you are getting the train, I would suggest you get the overground from wither Kings X or Finsbury Park, as the Northern line is not working between Camden - High Barnet.

Good luck at Wembley, by far the best team we have played, and fully deserved in beating us over the 2 games.

I think i will give Saturday a swerve if its on, as cannot listen to you lot sing about Wembley for 90 mins!

Thanks Rob.

If the game is on, I think I am going to head there early for lunch and a couple of beers. Can you suggest a decent, friendly place not too far from the ground where we can eat and drink? If London Pride on tap, that would be good as my old man is a fan.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barnetrob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 13:28:03 »

Thanks Rob.

If the game is on, I think I am going to head there early for lunch and a couple of beers. Can you suggest a decent, friendly place not too far from the ground where we can eat and drink? If London Pride on tap, that would be good as my old man is a fan.

The Mitre is a decent pub, with a decent selection of ales, and the food is good, there is also a Toby Carvery as well which is also ok. Both are on the high st, about 10/15 mins walk to the ground (All downhill!).

Of the pubs nearest the ground I would suggest the Weaver, although cannot vouch for the ales on tap!! (The Queens is a shit hole, and the Red Lion is the away pub but will not do food)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 13:48:42 »

Has anything changed regarding weather?

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 14:02:52 »

Has anything changed regarding weather?

try looking out of the window

I come from a land down-under
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 14:04:39 »

try looking out of the window

I was obviously referring to the weather in Barnet, where I clearly don't live.
I understand I'm the 'forum dunce' but give me a fvcking break.

Quote from OS:
Due to the ongoing weather conditions at Underhill Baby Bee's & Soccer School Courses for this Saturday 11th of February will be cancelled due to pitches being frozen & unplayable.

And YES, I know there's a fvcking difference between 'Baby Bee's & Soccer School Courses' and a 'League Two Fixture'

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 14:08:25 »

The Mitre is a decent pub, with a decent selection of ales, and the food is good, there is also a Toby Carvery as well which is also ok. Both are on the high st, about 10/15 mins walk to the ground (All downhill!).

Of the pubs nearest the ground I would suggest the Weaver, although cannot vouch for the ales on tap!! (The Queens is a shit hole, and the Red Lion is the away pub but will not do food)

Thanks. Will be heading with the missus and my dad so somewhere that isn't a shit hole is paramount!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barnetrob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 14:15:16 »

Thanks. Will be heading with the missus and my dad so somewhere that isn't a shit hole is paramount!

The Mitre is your best bet then, although if you are coming in on the train to New Barnet there is a half decent pub close to the station called the Railway (Imaginative I know!!).
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 09:19:25 »

Has it snowed in Barnet?

Can't see this game being on to be honest.... Annoying.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 09:33:32 »

No chance this game will be on in my opinion.  Plenty of snow here.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 09:52:36 »

Fresh covering of snow in north London overnight. It is a little bit warmer today though, he said optimistically.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: