Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41635 times)
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:19:26 »

Beers
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:21:23 »

big win. thought we played well and were patient; players and fans.

roll on cheltenham and then welcoming that huge 32 year old, champions of wales and gloucestershire club from down the m4 to 'london'.  Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:23:17 »

Right, just back.

Preston will feel a little unlucky to lose. That had a couple of early chances, were well organised and got men back. That said, if your intention is to sit back and hope to nick it on the break then maybe they can't be too pissed off.

We had a lot of the ball bit didn't do much with it in the final third in the first half. As the second half wore on we were starting to get a little bit of space. And Williams introduction gave us an edge that Obika didn't really provide - not a criticism, more Williams running can hurt opposition later in games, whereas Obika will struggle to make as many chances for himself in that way.

Thought the defence did pretty well. Don't fully agree with Cooper in that there were solid - there were a few occasions where we were exposed as Preston broke but they played a shit ball and cocked it up.  Also didn't see Turnbull playing the ball in the same way Cooper did, he made a few sloppy passes. But to be honest he and every one of them gave 100% back there. Can't do better than that.

I though Tofolo looked pretty decent, good in defence, not quite quick enough to beat his marker going forward. Fair play to Mas who was puking up after taking codine to deaden a back he pulled a muscle in when picking up a water bottle! Wasn't playing at 6, was back in the team by 6:30.

Lastly I'm sure we all share Power's frustration at there being just 6300 home fans there to witness this game. Not sure what else the club can do, I know every one of us that could make it did...
kerry red

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:23:55 »

Make no mistake, that was a great win against a  very good Preston side.

They were all over us in the first 15-20 minutes and probably shaded the first half.

Second half was a complete turnround where we dominated and carved out some good chances - and this without our main supplier, Byrne.

No complaints with Nat getting MOM, but Luongo was fantastic in the 2nd half - he will be a huge loss against City.

Thought we defended very well, all in all, and it is nice to get a 1-0er.

Bring on the Slave Traders!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:25:05 »

That was a big, big win....and deserved. PNE looked a bit more cultured to me than last season other than the cunt who should have walked for the 2 footed challenge. I can see why they're up there and we've beaten a decent team. first half evenish. We had more chances, they had the better chances. The second half was pretty much all us. Luongo was superb in the 2nd half. Gladwin had a good game and showed an excellent bit of skill in the 1sh half. There is a very good footballer in gladwin who shows it in patches. Tuffollo looks good going forward and takes a very good corner. Will be interesting if we can get Branco on the en d of those corners.
Had a shit day at work but Town have yet again put a big smile on my fat chops.
The only dark cloud is the crowd.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:26:44 »

They should have been down to 10 for that two footed challenge in the second half, Grayson must have know it as they subbed the guy straight after.

I think I must be the only Swindon fan in the stadium that thought the ref got that one right. Didn't look that bad to me !
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:31:36 »

The board - all two of them - really need to look at the problems we get in getting a decent crowd on a Tuesday evening, especially when we are playing a northern team.  These are the games they need to put on some special offers, bring a friend for a fiver or something like that.  From just the seats around us there were 11 people missing, but they are season ticket holders so were counted in anyway!!  Perhaps go back to the £10 and free burger than a previous chairman tried!!!!  (only joking)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:33:40 »

The board - all two of them - really need to look at the problems we get in getting a decent crowd on a Tuesday evening, especially when we are playing a northern team.  These are the games they need to put on some special offers, bring a friend for a fiver or something like that.  From just the seats around us there were 11 people missing, but they are season ticket holders so were counted in anyway!!  Perhaps go back to the £10 and free burger than a previous chairman tried!!!!  (only joking)

I believe the club can only offer a limited amount of those sort of offers, Ronnie. Some sort of Football League rule.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:39:33 »

I believe the club can only offer a limited amount of those sort of offers, Ronnie. Some sort of Football League rule.
Wasn't aware of that, save the offers for a mid-week game then.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:46:35 »

Correct,  I think it's restricted to 4 games, although I don't see what business they have in telling clubs how to be competitive in their pricing of tickets.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:48:02 »

Despite all our possession, at times we seemed a bit lacklustre and off the pace.  I honestly couldn't see us scoring and then up pops super sub Andy Williams.

On balance, I think we deserved it, but I don't agree we were as dominant from start to finish as Cooper said after the game.  Wes made a couple of good saves in the first half particularly.  

All in all a very good 3 points.  Disappointing crowd again.  I can see Bristol City being the only game that gets above 8,000.  Why won't Lluongo be playing against City?
kerry red

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:49:41 »

He's been called up by Orstralia
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:54:10 »

I think I must be the only Swindon fan in the stadium that thought the ref got that one right. Didn't look that bad to me !
Correct decision I thought. Got the ball before the man, and got very little of the man.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 22:59:42 »

Power very disappointed with the crowd on the radio. Personally, I think it is entirely down  to the summer McCrory effect, no push on STs and those people not coughing up matchday prices. Next year will be different, but we'll not see much improvement before then.

It's a shame that it all has had a lasting effect because that was good to watch this evening. First time I have ever seen a Town side with all of the centre backs willing to charge forward with the ball. Thompson may have had more success than the other two, but at some point this year, there will be a famous galloping centre half goal. Positive tonight for Gladwin and Toffolo, given one was out of position and the other on his full debut. We missed Byrne's pace as an outlet, and Gladwin is a completely different player, but he used the ball relatively well and tends to use his tricks to good effect. If we do lose Mass, there will be healthy competition for his place between Gladwin, Reeves and Rogers.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:11:36 »

Power very disappointed with the crowd on the radio. Personally, I think it is entirely down  to the summer McCrory effect, no push on STs and those people not coughing up matchday prices. Next year will be different, but we'll not see much improvement before then.

Assuming that was after the game? did he say much else?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: