Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leon Clarke  (Read 75258 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 10:35:32 »

Chesterfield fan here in peace

Well what can one say. He didn't need the extra running did he. Leon Clarke, one of John Sheridan's pre-season targets is doing the business. Sheridan says, he believes him to be 'the' best striker in the division and his performances have been sheer quality and, with respect, he's doing it in a higher division surrounded by better players. Certainly a more skilfull player than Craig Davies who notched 24 goals for us last season. I think I've seen Clarke lose the ball three times in three games. As for being a troublemaker, nothing could be further from the truth so far. In my dealings with him he has been a model professional, polite and charming.

I can understand Swindon fans supporting their manager and club but from this side we see a player who was verbally abused at the end of a gruelling match and physically assaulted - being dragged by his shirt in the process of leaving the field - by your manager -  grounds for constructive dismissal perhaps? A fantastic signing. I hope we can keep him. Let's hope Di Canio stays at Swindon for a couple of years.

His reputation for being a cock wasnt made up by Swindon fans or random forums.

I liked the bloke and i think if he had notched once , he would of got more.

The episode after the Saints game was a shambles for everybody involved at the club...fans, board, PDC... AND Clarke.

I am glad he is doing the biz for you and if your description is to be believed, hes trying to change his attitude too. Last chance saloon.....otherwise another Leon Knight....

Clems Army!
corner

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 10:45:41 »

Well what can one say. He didn't need the extra running did he. Leon Clarke, one of John Sheridan's pre-season targets is doing the business. Sheridan says, he believes him to be 'the' best striker in the division and his performances have been sheer quality and, with respect, he's doing it in a higher division surrounded by better players. Certainly a more skilfull player than Craig Davies who notched 24 goals for us last season. I think I've seen Clarke lose the ball three times in three games. As for being a troublemaker, nothing could be further from the truth so far. In my dealings with him he has been a model professional, polite and charming.

I can understand Swindon fans supporting their manager and club but from this side we see a player who was verbally abused at the end of a gruelling match and physically assaulted - being dragged by his shirt in the process of leaving the field - by your manager -  grounds for constructive dismissal perhaps? A fantastic signing. I hope we can keep him. Let's hope Di Canio stays at Swindon for a couple of years.
What a complete load of shite u have just typed, u couldnt be futher from the truth. Deluded aint the word..
phelpsieboy

« Reply #407 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 10:49:11 »

Clarke is an utter Leon, end of. Yes he may be scoring goals, but his attitude caused unrest in the camp from the looks of it, 9 out of 12 after he left and Ritchies celebration shows Paolo has the team behind him. Aslong as he keeps scoring goals and gets us a tidy profit, then it will have been a win win situation for us.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 10:59:36 »

Clarke was in the wrong by behaving like a petulant twat in front of what was a three-quarters full County Ground. Di Canio and his coaching staff were also in the wrong. To imply that Clarke was assaulted is fucking nonsense, Di Canio was trying to get Clarke into the dressing room when he pulled his shirt and it was nothing more than handbags in the tunnel, although it's hard to actually see what happened from the shaky footage.

It infuriates me and pisses me off that our player, who we are still paying wages to, is scoring goals for fun in the league above. It's all too reminiscent of that odious little twat Cureton.

Shame we can't just negotiate a contract termination or something and cut our losses and move on. I wonder how the board feel about Di Canio announcing that he wants to sign another striker while Clarke is still contracted to Town (and Magera has hardly been given a chance yet)...
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 11:08:48 »

You're honestly telling me you believe Di Canio assaulted Leon Clarke? Seriously? Either you're a WUM or just very gullible.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 11:09:59 »

Magera is the obvious answer when back from injury, no?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 15:14:07 »

He did assault him,might not have been GBH but it was deffinitly assault.The whole thing was a fiasco,but its been done death now.

/
W56196272
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 17:42:08 »

thank fuck you're not a beak
Spencer_White

« Reply #413 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 17:51:01 »

Clarke is just another 'dont touch me' streetkid. Cant handle authority. Probably never had a dad.

Probably is scared shitless because for the first time in his career someone stood up to his bad attitude, and kicked him out of a club. Hence the good form.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:15:07 »

Wow, are you being serious? you watched a 2 minute video and you think you saw Di Canio assualt him? and his verbal abuse, barely our fitness coach told get ready to run tommorow which every player at the club had to deal with. Clarke is someone who expects everything to be easy, and this is obviously the first place that expect him to work for his wages. Im happy to see him scoring for you just so we can get a tidy profit but I don't want him here at the County Ground.  Bye
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:26:15 »

Can we not let this go?

Sonic was right, both parties were in the wrong. I'm sure we'd defend anyone playing for Town in such a circumstance.

I don't understand why the Chesterfield fan felt the need to join TEF to tell us this? Makes me want Di Canio to recall him Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:10:35 by Costanza » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #416 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:51:17 »

I can understand Swindon fans supporting their manager and club but from this side we see a player who was verbally abused at the end of a gruelling match and physically assaulted - being dragged by his shirt in the process of leaving the field - by your manager -  grounds for constructive dismissal perhaps? A fantastic signing. I hope we can keep him. Let's hope Di Canio stays at Swindon for a couple of years.

Clearly you know more from a short video, where nothing remotely close to an assault takes place, but a player gets cross at having to train (like every other fucking player) the next day. Not needing to run and refusing to run aren't the same thing.

One is because he's a lazy cunt and doesn't like being told what to do and the other is because he's super fit. If he was super fit, like our whole squad now are, he wouldn't need to run. If he's fit enough for your club, good for you, if he's happy with the fitness regime, I'd wager that after 75 minutes, when your team are blowing out of their arse, we'd run rings around you (in a fitness sense). Any fitness work Leon Clarke is happy doing isn't likely to be particularly strenuous.

I really hope you sign him in January and he shows his true colours. Maybe then we can come to your forum and gloat or post something judgemental and lacking knowledge? Or maybe we can make sweeping remarks about your team and manager if he doesn't?

Chesterfield fan in peace my arse. Chesterfield fan who fancies opening old wounds and having a troll more like.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:55:37 »

Spot on Barry.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:56:22 »

Watch the ticker bazza Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:02:06 »

Your welcome to him...he is as crooked as that fucking spire on your church...or is it a cathedral Cheesy

Also i have been reliably informed that his words on leaving the pitch was...if you think i am running again tommorow think again....and then the coach reacted....then he ran off without even talking to team mates like a big kid.
He is a pro and is paid to do what the manager asks...not what he wants.

Fair play to him for doing the biz for you.....................lets see if you can afford to buy him let alone pay his wages No
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: