Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Northampton Matchday Thread.  (Read 49657 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:30:52 »

You've got to doth the proverbial cap to Billy Paynter too. His input in this strikeforce cannot be underestimated. Shame such a good strikeforce has gone largely to waste this season.

Still, a great result!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:38:43 »

You've got to doth the proverbial cap to Billy Paynter too. His input in this strikeforce cannot be underestimated. Shame such a good strikeforce has gone largely to waste this season.

Still, a great result!
Yeah billy deserves a lot more credit then what people give him
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:41:55 »

Northampton Match Report:  Warning, This May Not be Objective
http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10425~43475,00.html

Billy Paynter added a third for Swindon on 40 minutes. The Swindon striker looked to be in an offside position when he picked up Simon Cox's flick but the assistant referee kept his flag down and Paynter was allowed to continue. He made his way into the penalty area and held off the challenge of Mark Hughes before flicking a cool finish into the far corner.

The Cobblers were now flying forward, and a trip on Andy Holt on the Cobblers left earned Sean Morrison a caution. The visitors regained their two goal advantage, despite a suspicion of a foul, when Billy Paynter barged Jason Crowe off the ball before delivering a cross that Simon Cox chested in from close range to become the first player to score a hat trick against the Cobblers in a league game since Stuart Roberts for Wycombe in January 2003.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:49:32 »

Just got back (not too far for us tonight).

Don't know about the team but I'm exhausted.

Gave away a sloppy goal in the first couple of mins, and then were fucking awesome for the rest of the first half and could have scored more goals.

Second half, Northampton got the ball forward quickly and lumped it over the top a lot and caused us a lot of problems. We didn't help ourselves by dropping deeper & deeper. Have to say when they scored the disallowed goal (which was up the other end) I thought we'd fucked it up.

Onwards and upwards
Talk Talk

« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:56:18 »

Why do most people think that Coxy will get sold?

I would see it as a sign of real ambition from the board if they kept hold of him. Yeah, so money (and a lot of it!) is money, but...

I guess on the one hand he could do a Barry Corr the first game into next season and end up crocked but alternatively if we - looking more likely now - do stay up, he could possibly fire us into the Championship next season.

I'm not being funny here, I'm just interested in the 'business model' in people's minds.
flammableBen

« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:59:02 »

I think it's the ambition of Cox that makes us unlikely to keep hold of him if an offer from a top championship side or higher comes in. Yeah we can tell him tough, he's got a couple more years on his contract, but in reality I doubt we would. Unhappy strikers aren't as good.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:01:03 »

Players rule and it will be Cox who will decide if he stays or goes - fact of life - all the board can do is get the best price and in the case of George Ndah they didn't even get that.

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:01:23 »

strikers are the most sought after players.ones that bang in goals regularly will always be targetted by clubs.every player has his price,if coxys is met then bye bye.
at least it looks like his goals may well keep us in league 1
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:02:28 »

Hahaha still smarting over George Ndah,football fans have stupidly long memories.

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:04:18 »

what about dunc to blackburn?
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:04:25 »

At least with the current board you have to think we will get a decent price for Coxy if we do sell.

Unlike the previous bunch of muppets who probably would have sold him in january for £250k.

I would also like to think that any money generated by the club would be used to strengthen the team.

I guess only time will tell.
Talk Talk

« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:04:38 »

I think it's the ambition of Cox that makes us unlikely to keep hold of him if an offer from a top championship side or higher comes in. Yeah we can tell him tough, he's got a couple more years on his contract, but in reality I doubt we would. Unhappy strikers aren't as good.

Fair enough.

But do we know what his ambitions are? Has anybody got the inside track or has he said anything about them?

As PD pointed out, I'm sure he doesn't want to sit on the bench for a Prem club, so Championship is probably his aim. Why not do that with STFC for the sake of one season? The bloke would be a fucking Town hero and legend. That would probably count for something with him?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:05:21 »

Not smarting over him but just pointing out that we didn't get the best price at the time because Ndah wouldn't move to Watford who offered approx £300k more than Wolves.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:05:33 »

i still get angry about duncan shearer
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:06:07 »

what about dunc to blackburn?

yeah, they only did that to stop us getting into the play-offs.

As soon as they did that, in the summer they sold him off to Aberdeen.

Still believe that if we had kept him we would have stopped Blackburn from getting in the play-offs that season.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: