Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 30 Million for Sheff Utd?  (Read 5927 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 15:15:15 »

But are they really going to get a penny out of west ham? Can't see it happening.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 16:04:59 »

I don't really understand how the tribunal figured the Tevez thing has lost Sheff Utd money. They were shitter than West Ham, Tevez was allowed to play. The issue I guess is whether he should have been allowed to sign for West Ham under that contract in the first place. I thought this had already been dealt with.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 16:35:27 »

The tribunal ruled he wasn't eligible to play for West Ham, that he shouldn't have been playing for West Ham and that West Ham had wrongly gained at least 3 points as a result of him playing. Ergo, West Ham should have been relegated had they not gained those points by fielding an ineligible player
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 16:48:06 »

Seems stupid to me though. More than one player makes a team. We're not talking about one game, this is a whole season of results.

And the Sheffield United players are greedy cunts. They want a bonus for playing shit in effect.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 17:33:46 »

Seems stupid to me though. More than one player makes a team. We're not talking about one game, this is a whole season of results.
Agreed, but if you take 3 points off them they get relegated. So it does equate to one game. But I agree that Sheffield Utd had it in their own hands and cocked it up. Ultimately it's the Premier League's fault. They shouldn't have allowed the transfer in the first place and then shouldn't have delayed the decision on it till the end of the season. The original tribunal made it pretty clear the only reason they went for a fine rather than points deduction was because it would be unfair on the fans to dock points so late in the season. Quite apart from the fact that no such criteria seem to have applied to us when we were demoted, the only reason it was so late in the season is because the Premier League sat on their hands for 8 months before calling a tribunal.

And the Sheffield United players are greedy cunts. They want a bonus for playing shit in effect.
Yes, that should be thrown out on its ear straightaway - the knock on effects of that as a precedent could be very worrying. Every season would be like the 2000 US election, we could forget the play-offs, the summer would be spent in court

[/quote]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: