Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27404 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 18:09:02 »

Whilst TAH showed how to open up Oldham by running with it he was still a bellend for getting sent off given the ref made sure it was a non contact sport. Somehow, I cant see Exeter getting an extra 20k from us.
I think were agree a new deal with Exeter (if its allowed) Either that or release him for free and they get nowt.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 18:56:02 »

I think our performance was totally summed up by the fact that it took us four attempts to take a free kick awarded for offside - the first three attempts we tried to take it from inside their half!!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 23:25:05 »

Foul on Thompson in the 1st half. Just about a freekick?

* image.jpg (126.68 KB, 1136x640 - viewed 252 times.)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 23:30:42 »

It was just outside BUT...did the defender get booked?  Miles from the ball...cynical not nasty...auto yellow for me...Ref was a right cunt.

If we had got a pen we would of skyed it....

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 09:46:52 »

The bit in the second half where the Oldham player was caught offside and we tried to take it twice in their half and then twice again whilst the referee was playing silly buggers summed up the ineptitude of both our players and the referee.

Troy's first booking however was possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen, he totally cleaned the Oldham boy out!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 11:47:13 »

Shit game, shit ref.

Nathan Byrne failed on end product but ran his socks off and at least made the effort.

Darren Ward still had the odd blip but made some very important touches- best game he has had for a while.

One of the things that wids me up at the moment is lack of effective distribution-

Thorw ins- no one looking to make effective space to recieve the ball. Mostof our throws seem to be to a player sandwiched between a couple of the opposition.

Wes- sometimes completely misses the run into space that the likes of Byrne or Jay make. On several occasions I have seen them stop a run looking back in exasperation at Ws still holding the ball or rolling it out for a long punt.

One of those games where I wished it had been rained off.

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 13:04:35 »

Enjoyed the drive home better then the football

It was utter shite

Reckord, Im sorry, but his distrbution was shocking, from throw ins, to just general passing a ball, either that or he is colour blind! And his positioning defensively was shit.

Barker, looked like another Ronan Murrey, but thats prob being unfair on the two of them as they havent been here 5 mins.

Smith, I like him, Bryne, cant cross wont cross, even with 2 6ft plus forwards in the box. There was no midfield, say a lot when the most creative bit from us was our CB with a little dink. Perhaps Branco could make a good DM if we signed a couple more CB.

Cooper maoning about the Ref, mate our problems are a lot closer to home!!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 13:49:38 »

"Highlights" up. Powder-puff defending for their goal, very soft second card for Troy. But then you knew all that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #233 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:01:21 »

My observation is that in recent games the midfield 3 of Luongo, Harley, insert name here are practically sat on top of our back 4. When the ball heads up top, although the strikers try their hardest to hold it up, it comes back far too quickly. Add that to our powder puff tackling and it doesn't bode well.

Although I'm no budding tactician, I would suggest having a strong midfield enforcer type to protect the back 4 and have at least one of the 3 centre mids supporting the strikers a bit more. But what do I know....
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:16:49 »

My observation is that in recent games the midfield 3 of Luongo, Harley, insert name here are practically sat on top of our back 4. When the ball heads up top, although the strikers try their hardest to hold it up, it comes back far too quickly. Add that to our powder puff tackling and it doesn't bode well.

Although I'm no budding tactician, I would suggest having a strong midfield enforcer type to protect the back 4 and have at least one of the 3 centre mids supporting the strikers a bit more. But what do I know....

I think the last bit is pertinent. The effort to offer support to the strikers was gash on Saturday. The worrying thing from away tweets from Sam is that opposition teams create chances with our players not tracking runners. It looked like the effort was only half-hearted on Saturday which is worrying. Players didn't seem to want to take responsibility on the ball or offer themselves up for a pass, apart from Byrne, whose decision making was pants unfortunately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:18:35 »

Shit game, shit ref.

Nathan Byrne failed on end product but ran his socks off and at least made the effort.

Darren Ward still had the odd blip but made some very important touches- best game he has had for a while.

One of the things that wids me up at the moment is lack of effective distribution-

Thorw ins- no one looking to make effective space to recieve the ball. Mostof our throws seem to be to a player sandwiched between a couple of the opposition.

Wes- sometimes completely misses the run into space that the likes of Byrne or Jay make. On several occasions I have seen them stop a run looking back in exasperation at Ws still holding the ball or rolling it out for a long punt.

One of those games where I wished it had been rained off.

I've mentioned about throw ins before, so frustrating.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:19:04 »

In my opinion Cooper keeps screwing around with the midfield. On sat Luongo was the one sat the deepest in the midfield, surely this guy is our best box to box player, why play him there? He may have been trying to preserve his energy for Posh as per Kasim being dropped for the game. He had L Thompson though who is surely made for that role.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:35:06 »

Our midfield is at it's best when Kasim, Luongo and Mason are all on the pitch and in form at the same time, which is what we had at the beginning of the season. Since then, Kasim has had a little dip but is back to a decent standard, Luongo is in what can only be described as a slump and Mason is up and down from the treatment table and in terms of form.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:52:11 »

All been said and more surprisingly a very large percentage saw the same problems regarding players/tactics etc..

Thought for a long while now that we needed a "old" pro in the middle of the park to help bring what are basically the untried players on, and they could be rotated as such. For my money, Hollands would have been a good acquisition but assume he is still at Gillingham?

There must be others around who would have fitted the bill but assume unless it is an emergency loan it is now too late and we have to run with what we have got.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 3, 2014, 14:55:10 »

All been said and more surprisingly a very large percentage saw the same problems regarding players/tactics etc..

Thought for a long while now that we needed a "old" pro in the middle of the park to help bring what are basically the untried players on, and they could be rotated as such. For my money, Hollands would have been a good acquisition but assume he is still at Gillingham?

There must be others around who would have fitted the bill but assume unless it is an emergency loan it is now too late and we have to run with what we have got.

A Douglas or McCormack, are beyond our means, a Gareth Whalley or Lilian Nalis might not be, I know what I prefer.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: