Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Notts County FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27148 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 08:58:17 »

This season comes down to whether the embargo gets lifted in time or not. The current squad won't take us up without a few additions. We played well today but we lack a cutting edge.
[/quot

This season comes down to whether the embargo gets lifted in time or not. The current squad won't take us up without a few additions. We played well today but we lack a cutting edge.

My concern also. A few players would be rested on recent performances but unfortunately we are to the bare bones.
We certainly have quality but now one of the smallest squads in the league.
Only an observation. If you look on the backs of the programmes this highlights this although I am not sure if other teams quote youth players in their numbers.
Looking at a programme from earlier this season to now it looks so different in squad numbers.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:20:45 »

Good football for big parts of the game and if we create the same amount of chances Friday night I'll be suprised if we don't get that elusive home win.
Be a problem if we do create the same amount of chances on Friday night . . . . we kick off at 3 pm!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:42:39 »

Be a problem if we do create the same amount of chances on Friday night . . . . we kick off at 3 pm!

Fuck it, I assumed it was an evening KO as well. Need to re-arrange some plans
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 10:57:06 »

Good performance overall. I've not read the thread but the reaction to the formation on twitter by some was staggering. I don't have any issue with it, it's not like we're playing it in a defensive manner and it's no coincidence that Navarro had his best game for us, in the position than made him so popular at Brighton. Once again Bialkowski earns Notts points that they didn't deserve.
Still very confident we can finish the season strongly and with success.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 11:25:23 »

Good performance overall. I've not read the thread but the reaction to the formation on twitter by some was staggering. I don't have any issue with it, it's not like we're playing it in a defensive manner and it's no coincidence that Navarro had his best game for us, in the position than made him so popular at Brighton. Once again Bialkowski earns Notts points that they didn't deserve.
Still very confident we can finish the season strongly and with success.

Nothing wrong with the formation IMO ,  it was the best we've played since  Coventry . At one stage we had 3 strikers on . Just cant score .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:13:39 »

So every player that removes their shirt after the final whistle should be booked?  In an international 22 players would be booked when they swap shirts.

and those that have already been booked will be sent off - crazy  Grin
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:15:28 »

Good performance overall. I've not read the thread but the reaction to the formation on twitter by some was staggering.

Was it more than just saying we look more threatening in attach with 4-4-2? Which I think is a valid thing to point out, even if not everyone agrees.
VisitingPie

« Reply #217 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:33:10 »

Anyone notice when the ref had to bollock that big lump that came on as sub he also called over another County player to act as interpreter - if he'd sent him off, as he should, he wouldn't have needed to bother.

Shame really, cos I thought the ref had a good first half.

Hi all, Notts fan in peace.  I think the introduction of bencherif, had most of our fans with their head in their hands.  Especially when we had Zoko on the bench.  It's a tactic Keith Curle used to use by sending him upfront as a sub. (as a battering ram?).  Also the person who said why didn't we go for it since 1 point is neither here nor there is spot on.  What difference does it make if we finish 8th 10th or 12th, we might as well have gone all out for a win.  Things are tough at the club at the minute.  Our attendances are massively down after watching our team play pretty football round the back four until we either lose the ball (usually) and put ourselves under pressure, or lump it upfield (where there is no one to receive it so it comes straight back).  Paul Walsh on SNN yesterday had it spot on and summed it up within 15 mins, that we were bringing the danger on ourselves.

With regards Judge, the majority of our fans wouldn't have him in the top 3 Notts players let alone the top 3 in league 1 this season.  Last season he was our player of the year.  This season it will be Bart, Leacock or Liddle.  He's got one eye on his 'big move' in the summer anyway, although in fairness he's one of the players who always gives 100 percent.

I noted the discussion on your strikers.  Try living with ours.  We are absolutely toothless, which is probably the reason we concentrate on defending.  We seem to be hard to beat, but Bart must have earned us between 12 to 15 points this season alone.  He's been that outstanding.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we might still be looking for the 50 point safety mark without him.

I notice someone mentioned the pink kit.  They are because of the Juve link as the OP has mentioned (great summary btw).  We gave them the black and white kits, and it's our 150th year so our away kits have reflected the kit we played in when we formed...the orange/black hoops, and the pink kit juve played in.  I don't like either of them, but appreciate the reason we have them!

Anyway, hard luck yesterday, you must be wondering how you didn't win that!  Best of luck for the rest of the season with your promotion push.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:55:30 »

I like pie.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 16:58:00 »

Was it more than just saying we look more threatening in attach with 4-4-2? Which I think is a valid thing to point out, even if not everyone agrees.
Yeah I'm not disputing that but it was more branding it negative and defensive and how we didn't threaten AT ALL whilst using the formation. One guy called me clueless and in the next tweet praised Navarro for his performance but seemed incapable of understanding why he had such a good game...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 17:04:35 »

With regards Judge, the majority of our fans wouldn't have him in the top 3 Notts players let alone the top 3 in league 1 this season.  Last season he was our player of the year.  This season it will be Bart, Leacock or Liddle.  He's got one eye on his 'big move' in the summer anyway, although in fairness he's one of the players who always gives 100 percent.

Funnily enough, that happened with Ritchie.

PotY in our relegation season, he didn't get a look in by the Town fans last season, who gave the award to McCormack...but Ritchie was given L2 PotY by the 'so-called' experts.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:51:33 »

Hi all, Notts fan in peace.  I think the introduction of bencherif, had most of our fans with their head in their hands.  Especially when we had Zoko on the bench.  It's a tactic Keith Curle used to use by sending him upfront as a sub. (as a battering ram?).  Also the person who said why didn't we go for it since 1 point is neither here nor there is spot on.  What difference does it make if we finish 8th 10th or 12th, we might as well have gone all out for a win.  Things are tough at the club at the minute.  Our attendances are massively down after watching our team play pretty football round the back four until we either lose the ball (usually) and put ourselves under pressure, or lump it upfield (where there is no one to receive it so it comes straight back).  Paul Walsh on SNN yesterday had it spot on and summed it up within 15 mins, that we were bringing the danger on ourselves.

I noted the discussion on your strikers.  Try living with ours.  We are absolutely toothless, which is probably the reason we concentrate on defending.  We seem to be hard to beat, but Bart must have earned us between 12 to 15 points this season alone.  He's been that outstanding.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we might still be looking for the 50 point safety mark without him.

I notice someone mentioned the pink kit.  They are because of the Juve link as the OP has mentioned (great summary btw).  We gave them the black and white kits, and it's our 150th year so our away kits have reflected the kit we played in when we formed...the orange/black hoops, and the pink kit juve played in.  I don't like either of them, but appreciate the reason we have them!

Anyway, hard luck yesterday, you must be wondering how you didn't win that!  Best of luck for the rest of the season with your promotion push.

Where's the pie?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:57:04 »

When come back, bring pie.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 22:06:53 »

pie.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 22:12:45 »

Visiting Pie is a fantastic business idea. At the press of a button pie is delivered to you, and if you don't finish it they come and collect it, because it's only visiting.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: