Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson's signings....  (Read 5790 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:37:17 »

This is my impression......

Lucas: Not much has been said about him really with regards to performance. It could be because the back 4 in front of him are keeping him quiet, or he is just in control.... I have no idea but it is better then hearing about howlers.

Greer: Nuff said

Cuthbert: He's not played much? Had a great review last week mind and it is no mean feat to keep morrison out of the 1st 11. Could be an absolutely blinding signing.

Douglas: There was a lot of hype about Douglas signing, and from what I can gather he has not disappointed. Very high marks to Wilson and Fitton for that one.

Lescinel: Could Wilson have a bit of King's talent spotting nouse about him? lescinel was more or less written off for the most part but seems to be coming good.

O'Brien: I was never sure about this one. Heard from many (I do read) that he is all pace and no technique, could be a dud. Having said that, think lescinel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loans:

Tope: Sounds a dud, but then we where a tad desperate

Ferry: Sounds sexy, hope we can sign him permanently

Hutch: Give him a chance..

Revell: you've torn your dress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I missed anything?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:38:45 »

Do you ever sleep?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:40:05 »

Not a playing signing but Peter Shirtliff looks a fine addition if the improved defending is anything to go by.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:40:22 »

we still need another forward
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:42:11 »

Not a playing signing but Peter Shirtliff looks a fine addition if the improved defending is anything to go by.

I think that's a big part of our turnaround at the back. I seem to recall Tranmere being a similar side last season, winning games 1-0 and 2-1 a lot.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:43:47 »

Do you ever sleep?

Sleep is for freaks.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:45:07 »

I was thinking about the change since Shirtliff came in, cant be coinicidence. Tranmere fans weren't happy that he switched.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 19:48:36 »

Especially as he was replaced by Jason McAteer.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 20:08:53 »

Tranmere as a club (not the fans) are idiots and deserve everything that comes their way for appointing a couple rookies instead of a seasoned pro like Ronnie Moore. Shame on them.

Danny Wilson has been reasonably shrewd thus far, long may it continue.

I honestly regard Gordon Greer as a potential Town legend in the making... Although he's got a lot to do in that respect, I really hope it goes that way.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:20:28 by Rich Pullen » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:14:14 »

we still need another forward
peacock Smiley

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:29:49 »

I dont think Tope is a dud - just his final ball is pants. Ok, thats a big problem to have when your a striker but his effort & work rate is good which isnt always the case with loan players. He has enough skill to get past players but then it all goes a bit down hill. I think alot of people are being a bit harsh on him.

From what I've seen (which isnt really alot) he's a better option that Hutchinson.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:13:22 »

I dont think Tope is a dud - just his final ball is pants. Ok, thats a big problem to have when your a striker but his effort & work rate is good which isnt always the case with loan players. He has enough skill to get past players but then it all goes a bit down hill. I think alot of people are being a bit harsh on him.

From what I've seen (which isnt really alot) he's a better option that Hutchinson.

First time I have seen Topi and Hutchinson yesterday and on that showing Topi has twice the potential of Hutchinson, he looked eager and not quite match fit but we looked like he could cause some problems for defenses, has a sharp turn on him but as stated his final ball is still a little off......for now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:38:38 »

BR, Lucas is a fantastic keeper. Kept us in the game against Wolves, commands his area, solid all the way.
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 09:04:25 »

Something i refrained from saying - after his debut. People were all saying how good he was, and I was completely perplexed by this, as he'd done nothing that Tope hadn't. Well, apart from show he doesn't actually have pace. It's a strange one. People are quick to criticise Tope, who has scored, has energy and a nice touch, yet seem happy with Hutchinson, who's not really shown anything yet.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 09:25:48 »

Any criticism directed at either of these two so early is ridiculous IMO. Opinions are fine but to criticise from the stands so early before either have had a chance to settle is hardly encouraging. Tope has taken a couple of games and now is starting to look better and Hutchinson will be the same I'm sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: