Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 101025 times)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:13:06 »

soapy tit wank

"Take a long hard look at what you've become"

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:17:36 »

Vaguely successful? How dare he.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:18:09 »

......but Byrne tore them a new one yesterday. He put in a hell of a shift and it was great to hear the northerners opinion of him on the way back to the car. Not sure where the Luongo commwents are coming from. In the second half I thuoght he was really good.........
We were obviously watching different games. I thought Byrne was poor, except for the goal and if it had been against us I would have been disappointed with the goalie. He ran into trouble on loads of occasions, I can't recall him going past a man once and in my opinion he dived for the penalty. Apart from a couple of through balls Luongo was so quiet he might as well have not bothered turning up. He didn't look interested.

Kasim, on the other hand, I agree was back to his classy best.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:23:45 »

Any pictures of these streamers in action?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #499 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:24:09 »

.....the back 3s distribution.....
....was piss-poor, but then the Sheffield United players knew what to do and did it well. They pressed up as soon as the back 3 had the ball and none of them knew how to cope other than to pass it sideways to one of the other 2. How many times did Stephens lose the ball by fannying around with it? He was lucky on a couple of occasions that a foul was given! Then again, who was looking for space when they had the ball? Both wing backs were pushed too far up as well so there was nowhere for the 3 at the back to go with it except up the middle.....which is asking for trouble when they, inevitably, give the ball away.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:33:16 »

Highlights on SS1 at 1pm...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:36:36 »

Why does Byrne never go outside of his man? Every time he cuts inside. A better side will shackle him I fear.
REDBUCK

« Reply #502 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:43:35 »

....was piss-poor, but then the Sheffield United players knew what to do and did it well. They pressed up as soon as the back 3 had the ball and none of them knew how to cope other than to pass it sideways to one of the other 2. How many times did Stephens lose the ball by fannying around with it? He was lucky on a couple of occasions that a foul was given! Then again, who was looking for space when they had the ball? Both wing backs were pushed too far up as well so there was nowhere for the 3 at the back to go with it except up the middle.....which is asking for trouble when they, inevitably, give the ball away.

So a normal performance that's been repeated for the last nine months.  Our results come down to how many times we give the ball away and how often we are punished for it.  You'll need to live with it I'm afraid.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:55:29 »

Any pictures of these streamers in action?

That one from the DM who got it wrong - was town fans not sheff utd

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 12:04:54 »

I think the cat shat itself and the mrs almost dropped the kiddie there and then when that 2nd went in!!

Great shot by Bryne, but im sorry, hes frustrating, lost the ball god knows how many times, ran into trouble constantly.

Superb header by Ricketts.

Kasim, just oozed class, composed, deserved MoM.

Still can't see anything in Smith, but after moaning about Byrne for the best part of 90 mins last night, I fully expect Smith to bang in a hatrick come monday Smiley

Run by Stephens, like Sol Campbell against Argentina in 98!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 12:16:39 »

My 5 year old keeps talking about 'Sam Crickets'.  It's very, very cute and I haven't the heart to correct him.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 12:19:09 »

Absolutely knackered this morning and with a bit of repair bill to car after hitting a badger on the way home.  I've been critical of him since X Mas

Being critical of a badger since christmas is no reason to run him down in your car! There was a government sanctioned cull for this sort of thing... leave it to them!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 12:29:13 »

Smith was immense last night,won just about every header and managed quite a few flick ons.He works his bollocks off dragging defenders out of position,holds the ball up well and chases back to put defenders under pressure.Its a team game and he more than plays his part. I'm not a Williams fan but we all have differing opinions.
kerry red

« Reply #508 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 12:36:49 »

That must be the first game where Fods never made the short goal kick to Thompson et al with all the heart stopping that goes with it.

Yet, we still had our share of possession and played in our 'style' - SO KEEP IT THAT WAY!

I think Smith played cos their makeshift CBs were on the small side and he duly battered them all game - good shout Cooper.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 12:44:38 »

I think Smith played cos their makeshift CBs were on the small side and he duly battered them all game - good shout Cooper.

McEveley isn't small! I actually thought he had a good game considering centre-half isn't his strongest position.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: