Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So then Reg.....  (Read 1947 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:12:33 »

....Do you still reckon we look like a 'side on the slide'? Should we still accept that 'automatic promotion this season is unlikely?'

as per this thread:

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16532&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Just wondering Shrug

I'm not one to harp on normally, I think that 99.9% of what you say is spot on but I just think you were way off the beam with that point. I'm not having a go or owt, just wondering what you think in the context of today's result/performance?
Bartek

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:13:53 »

I asked in another thread...how many teams do win promotion from division II ?
Amir

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:15:13 »

Four, Bartek.  Three automatic and one in the play-offs.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:15:58 »

Top 3 teams win automatic promotion, then 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th go into the playoffs, the winner of which also gets promoted.

I'm not going to get carried away until we beat Rovers on Saturday, but the pyschological boost from this win should be massive.  Its a huge win but the gap is still on 2 points down to 6th....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:21:39 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
....Do you still reckon we look like a 'side on the slide'? Should we still accept that 'automatic promotion this season is unlikely?'

as per this thread:

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16532&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Just wondering Shrug

I'm not one to harp on normally, I think that 99.9% of what you say is spot on but I just think you were way off the beam with that point. I'm not having a go or owt, just wondering what you think in the context of today's result/performance?

Obviously, the way to prevent  a slide is with an emphatic performance which has now been achieved.....generally though so far this season we've llooked better away than at home....the game v Rovers will tell a lot, as to whether we're auto candidates.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 13:30:41 »

By way of addition to the above, I would say that the next  6 games, 4 of which are packed into the holiday period, will decide if we're on for automatic.....after Rovers, we've Macc, who are starting to pick up under Ince....and also won at Walsall, in the cup. Then a tough run with Wycombe, Notts County, MKD  in quick succession.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 14:05:30 »

Not the time to be accepting that automatic promotion is 'unlikely' just yet though I think it's fair to say Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 14:12:10 »

Reg clearly knows nothing about football....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 14:19:27 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Reg clearly knows nothing about football....
Fishing.   Cool
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 19:12:36 »

I think the question now is will Sturrock stick with the 4-5-1 formation or revert back to 4-4-2 for the Gaaaaaaaaas?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 19:26:01 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I think the question now is will Sturrock stick with the 4-5-1 formation or revert back to 4-4-2 for the Gaaaaaaaaas?

In an early interview with Luggy, he intimated that he sometimes changes system and personel for home games and away games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: