Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 28914 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 15:58:27 »

1-0, Bradford will shut up shop & we won't score

Yes
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 15:59:09 »

To counter all the negatives, I think we can feel slightly more positive about our performance today,
Yes, poor defending and goalkeeping let in one goal, but I'm pretty sure we were expecting a lot worse.

And Obika is hopefully back for Bury.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:00:46 »

Actually sounded like we played alright. Huge bonus Blackpool and Doncaster losing.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:02:39 »

And Obika is hopefully back for Bury.

This is the key, we are always likely to concede a goal (or two), so we need a threat up front
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:04:36 »

At least we gave it a bit of a go and it wasn't a mauling, but unfortunately it was still a loss.

I'm struggling to see where a goal is going to come from with Obika and Ajose missing and we need to score, as we're always going to concede.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:18:27 »

At least we gave it a bit of a go and it wasn't a mauling, but unfortunately it was still a loss.

I'm struggling to see where a goal is going to come from with Obika and Ajose missing and we need to score, as we're always going to concede.

We're now relying on Blackpool to struggle further....they're loss today was massive for us. However, we did drop a further point nearer the drop line, so this will probably go down to the Shrewsbury game.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:19:18 »

Blackpools last 4 games are away to Rochdale, Away to Fleetwood, Home to Wigan and away at Peterborough.  I think they will do well to pick up 4 points from this, what about everyone else?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:22:24 »

Blackpools last 4 games are away to Rochdale, Away to Fleetwood, Home to Wigan and away at Peterborough.  I think they will do well to pick up 4 points from this, what about everyone else?

I posted this stuff back in the Oldham thread...here you go

Here are our rivals run ins....

Blackpool (45):  2 home games v ColU and Wigan. 3 away v Dale, a massive game v Fleetwood, and Posh.

Fleetwood(45): 3 home games v Oldham (massive) Blackpool (massive) and Crewe. 3 away v Sarfend, Millwall, and Walsall.

Oldham(44): 3 home games v  Walsall, Crewe and Cov. 4 away v Barnsley, Sarfend, Fleetwood and Millwall.

Chesterfield(46): 3 home games v Sheff U, Donny and Bury. 3 away v Barnsley, STFC and Bradford

Shrewsbury(46): 3 home games v Bradford, Sheff U and Posh 4  away v Millwall, Gills, Walsall and STFC.

Bury(51): 3 home games v Donny, Millwall and Sarfend. 3 away v STFC, Scunny and Chesterfield.

Of those, there are none who cannot make a reasonable case for getting to 52/53 points given current form.

Blackpool look the most vunerable. This Saturday's visit of ColU for them is a must win.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:24:54 »

I think those run-ins show why Town will stay up regardless of our own results.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:29:38 »

Yeah although it's gonna be close it looks as though Blackpool will drop with the other 3 at the moment. Would have looked a whole lot different if they hadn't lost today though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:32:42 »

ghanima says : "Stonewall penalty".

Have to say I'm getting a bit twitchy now. The problem is obviously no Vigs possibly for rest of season, and Obika and Ajose were hoped to be in contention today but felt "uncomfortable" after training. Got to hope uncomfortable=another week just in case.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:34:19 »

ghanima says : "Stonewall penalty".

Have to say I'm getting a bit twitchy now. The problem is obviously no Vigs possibly for rest of season, and Obika and Ajose were hoped to be in contention today but felt "uncomfortable" after training. Got to hope uncomfortable=another week just in case.

N'ah. I was twitchy after Oldham but results elsewhere today plus the run-in of others have eased my mind (for now).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:45:02 »

N'ah. I was twitchy after Oldham but results elsewhere today plus the run-in of others have eased my mind (for now).

Aaah the voice of reason, I didn't clock that Blackpool had played 1 more..Still it would be nice to put it to bed ASAP so we fans can mentally go on holiday too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:52:15 »

Aaah the voice of reason, I didn't clock that Blackpool had played 1 more..Still it would be nice to put it to bed ASAP so we fans can mentally go on holiday too.

I'm not sure Costanza has looked closely enough at this....as I said all the teams below us have shown some recent semblance of form.....indeed Blacpool had taken 10 points from their 4 games previous to today. We're the side in freefall, not where you want to be at this stage as the season, it erodes our goal difference, and means we're relying on others. Very dangerous.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 16:54:50 »

Of those, there are none who cannot make a reasonable case for getting to 52/53 points given current form.

Agreed, likely that the majority of these teams will overtake us unless we win another game.  The point is though that they all have to do it which is another thing altogether.

If you worked on basis that the 5 teams below us are each 75% likely to overtake us, that would still only mean a 24% chance of all of them doing it.

Bottom line, we're probably safe now, a point would help and a win would ensure it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: