Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Depression.  (Read 4457 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:20:21 »

don't resist anti-depressants. valium, fair enough - not really the sort of mood stabilisers i'd think would be usual :?

i'm not going into any detail on here but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me as i've been there and am still there.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:22:23 »

I used to intoxicate myself with a fair bit of green and a shit load of alcohol, on practically a daily basis. I didn't realise it at the time but I think I found that my way of coping. Trouble is what I also didn't realise at the time is that it was making me even worse.

Old habits are hard to break. I still drink more than I should, but at least this is only once a week. I don't smoke the reeeeefer any more though.

I haven't felt down like I had done for quite a while now. Maybe because cutting down on stuff forced me to come to terms with the issues I had and also getting rid of the effects of the green and the constant depressant of alcohol.

I wouldn't say I was clinically depressed so I'm not saying it will cure your problems but maybe help towards the solution.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:24:58 »

Im just miserable. Cool

/
W56196272
JPC82

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:27:07 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
don't resist anti-depressants. valium, fair enough - not really the sort of mood stabilisers i'd think would be usual :?

i'm not going into any detail on here but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me as i've been there and am still there.

hope things get better soon mate
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:46:27 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
Im just miserable. Cool

Same as. Never been seriously depressed. Just a miserable cunt  Cool
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 00:04:41 »

Quote from: "DV"
Quote from: "JPC82"
Quote from: "DV"
been there, done that.....

I know exactly how you feel....and the only thing I can suggest is....sort out the problem (easier said that done).

I identified what mine was, sorted it and I was like a different person afterwards. It was literally the world off my shoulders.

Sure, life was still pretty pants....as always....but I didnt have the problem and I felt so much better for it.

However, I seem to have come full circle pretty much spot on a year....time for a new direction, but again its finding which direction to go in

i never realised u went through this mate, glad to hear its got better

I'm really crap at opening up to people and I keep all sorts of shit bottled up....

....not even my parents or best mate know half of the shit I went through

ditto...

i never open up to people, just keep all my worries bottle up, hoping they will miraculously dissapear, or try and deal with em my self.

Right now, i dont really have any mega ones, but in the past i have.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 00:20:36 »

I think talking to people is a great step, and I think the fact you have a wife that is understanding will do you the world of good. A person quite close to me was depressed, never told anyone and it ended up claiming their life... So opening up is a good thing IMO. I've never been depressed myself so tbh what I say could be irrelevant to you, but whatever happens I wish you all the best.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 09:35:01 »

When I was growing up my mum always used to say to us kids

"if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"

So I pretty much went through my first 25 years or so letting people irritate me, bottling up my thoughts and never really expressing the way I felt about certain things.

Luckily my Mrs has sorted all that out, took fucking ages, but nowadays I try to talk things through.  She used to hate the way I'd never let her know the way I truely feel about relationship stuff etc.  I wouldn't say I'm 100% of the way there but I do feel better getting things off my chest.

Don't think I've ever been depressed, although I do get down at times, especially at milestone events, 30th birthday, it's like I hate chapters closing in my life, getting old I suppose - that freaks me out a bit.

Jesus this is like a Dr Phil thread!!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 10:05:22 »

I feel sorry for boys - I think you are kind of brought up not to show emotion or talk about your feelings

I fiond it hard to understand depression but I think thats because Im pretty much hyper active 24/7
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 10:07:14 »

concentrate on the positives dont dwell on  the negatives, beautiful kid, lovely wife, not living in swindon  Cheesy

fuck it man life could be worse.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 12:02:24 »

Get to the route of the problem and sort it! That's the best advice i can give.

Don't expect instant results either, you'll have a good day followed by a week of shite and frustration.

Anti-depressants are not the answer.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 12:11:31 »

Try and talk about it mate, tis the best way.
Just yesterday i had a defusing session after and incident we went to
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 12:17:47 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Get to the route of the problem and sort it! That's the best advice i can give.

Don't expect instant results either, you'll have a good day followed by a week of shite and frustration.

Anti-depressants are not the answer.

Excellent post!
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 12:22:37 »

been here before.

The best advice I can give is to not take any illegal drugs including drink. I tired that and it did't work it just made things worse.I now have a problem where my brian doesn't produce enough happy hermoes which is a problem.

The best thing is get soem talking therpy I know it sounds gay but it workks plus if your lucky like me you get a realy fit bird and can stare at her breasts!

My problem worked it self and now I am ok despite the problem with the chemical inbalnce. But I take Saint Johns Wort and that keeps me topped up with happy hermoes in my head.

I would suggest you reasherch saint jons wort.

Also it is worth mentioning that you need to surround yourself with good mates as mine help me hugley. particuley one on this forum  Wink

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 6, 2008, 12:32:55 »

i think there are different levels of depression.for some its the end of the world and they cannot see any light in the tunnel for anything.for others its just a blip. your lifestyle seems unhealthy to say the least from what you have said on here.
i suggest you get outside more on walks,cut down booze and fags and eat well.also try st johns wort before prescription drugs.
but the only real cure to depression comes from within.
good luck with it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: