Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Depression.  (Read 4452 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:42:44 »

I have been clinically diagnosed with it recently. At first I argued the diagnosis but after some googling ect it makes some sense.

My Googley research also confirms that I am inflicted with depression (I have the symptoms), which basically confirmed what the doctor told me.

The Doc. wanted to give me all sorts of drugs but I only accepted valium, which I will only use that should I really need it to sleep. Asides from that I am determined to use will-power to get me through.

My misses is outstanding in terms of support, and I am fairly certain of where my problem lies, and I am trying my damndest to sort it out. And despite being depressed I am grateful that at least can recognise it otherwise it could be so easy to bottom out completely.

I didn't post this looking for sympathy, I did so because apparently one of the best remedies is talking about it.

I am also looking for advice should anybody else here have suffered before (Apparently clinical depression is not that un-common).

P.S. I ain't gonna slit my wrists or something else stupid.
JPC82

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:44:20 »

u seem to get very down bout work mate, which seems to make u drink, any news on the job front?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:46:27 »

been there, done that.....

I know exactly how you feel....and the only thing I can suggest is....sort out the problem (easier said that done).

I identified what mine was, sorted it and I was like a different person afterwards. It was literally the world off my shoulders.

Sure, life was still pretty pants....as always....but I didnt have the problem and I felt so much better for it.

However, I seem to have come full circle pretty much spot on a year....time for a new direction, but again its finding which direction to go in
STFCBIKER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:48:24 »

I dont mean to be rude and you can tell me to fuck off but what are your symptons?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:50:13 »

Not had depression as such, but anxiety about my health. In the end drugs (antidepressents) worked to kick me out the cycle. I knew there wss no real reason for feeling how I did, but being concious of this fact didn't make them go away. Weird eh.

Thankfully I didn't need them for too long.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:51:44 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
I have been clinically diagnosed with it recently. At first I argued the diagnosis but after some googling ect it makes some sense.

My Googley research also confirms that I am inflicted with depression (I have the symptoms), which basically confirmed what the doctor told me.

The Doc. wanted to give me all sorts of drugs but I only accepted valium, which I will only use that should I really need it to sleep. Asides from that I am determined to use will-power to get me through.

My misses is outstanding in terms of support, and I am fairly certain of where my problem lies, and I am trying my damndest to sort it out. And despite being depressed I am grateful that at least can recognise it otherwise it could be so easy to bottom out completely.

I didn't post this looking for sympathy, I did so because apparently one of the best remedies is talking about it.

I am also looking for advice should anybody else here have suffered before (Apparently clinical depression is not that un-common).

P.S. I ain't gonna slit my wrists or something else stupid.

I'd take the drugs on offer....probably wont do any good in a clinical sense, but a hit is a hit.

Failing that you could send Red Cross drug parcels to fB.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:51:57 »

It's the work front that is causing it all, again thankfully I can recognise that there is a specific problem.

I was informed today that I missed out on a job, which could have been a great job for me. Despite being well qualified for the job the interview was atrocious as not only was my confidence gone, but also I had a sleepless night the night before. It's a viscous (SP) circle.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:54:22 »

It's the work front that is causing it all, again thankfully I can recognise that there is a specific problem.

I was informed today that I missed out on a job, which could have been a great job for me. Despite being well qualified for the job the interview was atrocious as not only was my confidence gone, but also I had a sleepless night the night before. It's a viscous (SP) circle.

I'm not making light of a serious subject I promise, just had to say I love that spelling mistake - a small puddle of jam springs to mind  Cheesy
JPC82

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:56:22 »

Quote from: "DV"

I know exactly how you feel....and the only thing I can suggest is....sort out the problem (easier said that done).

I identified what mine was, sorted it and I was like a different person afterwards. It was literally the world off my shoulders.

Sure, life was still pretty pants....as always....but I didnt have the problem and I felt so much better for it.

However, I seem to have come full circle pretty much spot on a year....time for a new direction, but again its finding which direction to go in

i never realised u went through this mate, glad to hear its got better
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:56:54 »

PM'd you BR

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:57:22 »

Quote from: "axs"

I'm not making light of a serious subject I promise, just had to say I love that spelling mistake - a small puddle of jam springs to mind  Cheesy

A lubricated opening springs to my mind
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:58:21 »

If you can afford it book a week away and take your lady and child with you, really hope you find a new job sir

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 22:58:26 »

Quote from: "JPC82"
Quote from: "DV"

i never realised u went through this mate, glad to hear its got better

I'm really crap at opening up to people and I keep all sorts of shit bottled up....

....not even my parents or best mate know half of the shit I went through
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:00:39 »

Do you still drink a lot BR?

That's not meant to sound patronising
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 23:13:16 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Do you still drink a lot BR?

That's not meant to sound patronising

Yeah, although less than usual because I have not been in the mood recently.

I (My misses) did ask if it was down to booze and the doc pretty much said nope, although of course it could potentially become a major factor if I don't get myself sorted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: