Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Norwich. Official Champions League Thread.  (Read 20902 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 17:18:55 »

You lot should do what I do then.  Go to about 4 games a year, 2 to 3 of which are away day beerfests.  And follow the club mainly via the medium of the TEF.  It has its merits.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 17:28:24 »

the squaking bellend is in his 40's for sure by the way.

You're kidding i was thinking he may be an immature 17 or 18 year old,but a grown man for christ sake.

Im guessing he's a townender as i've ony heard him the last two matches at home. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 17:33:21 »

I've been going more years than most, and nothing has really changed. Insofar, there have always been periods when the football, atmosphere etc is dire, and periods when it's been on an up.

What tends to happen, is that in a lull, many fans flake off, as can be seen with many on here.  Oddly it's often those who seem most partisan who drop off first.

When it picks up, then new fans are gained...some last the course others don't. Occasionally during an up, a few lapsed fans return, but it's not common.

There will always be maybe a thousand or so, who are impervious to changes in fortune, who will go come what may.
Spencer_White

« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 18:41:27 »

There will always be moaners and its up to the real fans to drown them out with chants and encouragement.

Last night was cracking value in my opinion, but all too much fans do feel short changed by football. Football used to be unbelievable value for money, something cherished by the working classes. That has gone now, and its changed the mindset of fans for good. Its games like that you really miss standing, because it feels so much more acceptable shouting your head off for a JPT game when you are standing up.

I thought Easton did well when he came on. Austin also showed some good touches and I dont think he gave the ball away once. Douglas was brilliant. Revell and Paynter as a partnership looked OKish for a while then went stale. It was quite a good game, even if some players were taking it a bit easy and standing off each other.

Obviously dissapointed to be out because we finnished the tie by far the stronger side. Still need more guile (as was mentioned before) and creativity up front.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 19:01:05 »

Didn't Easton start the match?
Spencer_White

« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 19:05:16 »

oh yeah! For some reason I thought Hutchinson played in the middle and Easton replaced him!

I think Easton did pair up with Douglas in the middle when Hutchinson came off for McNamee? He looked much better there, didnt really notice him before then!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 19:07:09 »

Easton and Douglas look very similar on the pitch don't they.

Maybe that's why DW doesn't select Nature Boy to play more often.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 13:36:33 »

You're kidding i was thinking he may be an immature 17 or 18 year old,but a grown man for christ sake.

Im guessing he's a townender as i've ony heard him the last two matches at home. 

That was Wilts from Wotton Bassett......

I kept telling him to shut up.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 13:37:10 »

Oh yeah.....i saw JFW filling her face again at the Legends counter......

Clems Army!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 13:52:41 »

hahahahahaha yep! that was my dinner!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 14:25:07 »

hahahahahaha yep! that was my dinner!

Next time i WILL introduce myself......

"Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - I am THE FLASH!!"

Clems Army!
kaufman

« Reply #266 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 14:37:30 »

I've not read all this thread but my father said to me yesterday that this match was one of the best he has seen out there for a while, and he's always moaning
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 15:31:48 »

i wouldn't go that far, but entertaining enough for a JPT game if a little devoid of clear cut chances.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 16:43:38 »

I thought it was a bit crap apart from the last 20mins or so...

It was better than the Woking game though.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: